Thread: are relationship with other quadra that disasteful ? (not romantic way)

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default are relationship with other quadra that disasteful ? (not romantic way)

question in the title...
    It happen that even if majority of my long term friends are either INFj, ESTj or ENFp, Ive friends from other quadra socionically speaking, even beta (1 INFp-Fe and 1 ENFj-Fe at the moment, but I probably met more in my life)

Is it because I'm not well develloped ?
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think they're that distasteful. I particularly enjoy being around ESIs, ESEs, and some SLEs and LSIs. I think a lot of other types are really hit or miss. I was really close with an EIE guy for a while, but I have a hard time with the female EIEs I know in real life because I feel like we just can't get on the same page. That said, I've known some really great ones online. I work with one IEI who I consider a confidant, though I feel there's a lot of variation among IEIs. I don't like the overly passive ones, personally. I just don't like feeling like I have to talk to myself for somebody else's entertainment.

I've also had some great ILI and LIE friends in the past, but as a delta, you sort of have to grow a spine to be around gammas, especially ILIs due to their Fe polr (unless you're an SLI, I guess).

TBH, I have just as many "I want to kill myself and everyone in this room" moments with other deltas if I'm around them too much, especially SLIs and other EIIs.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay Im at day 9 of withdrawal of a 3 month opiate run and can t sleep.

So a bit more on extra quadra relationship :

ENFj : I hang out regularly with one. Okay relationship for me, we speak about similar stuff in different way that lead to exciting moment, and sometime we even understand each other.

INFp : regularly hang out with one too. We share some activities, I even helped him in a situation wich required POV change or someth like that, and he had a good influence on me on stopping speed. At the beginning of the relationship information shared was quite interesting, but there is less now. Fun guy and I respect him. A kind of almost amoral aspect that is compensated by good creative abilities.

ISTj : I met 2, okay guys but the relationship wasn t profound

ESTp : met 2 (1 girl 1 guy), minimal relationship with the guy but Ive seen him for 1 complete night and strangely I respect him for some reason. I had a bit of fun with the girl but thats all. Dunno what to say to them. Not the expected bad ppl imo.

INTj (2 guys) : one was cool and a good friend for 1 year at least. The other one was a total unmanageable asshole.

ENTp (2 guys) : okay. Lacking something in the responsability domain

ISFp (3) : generally poor relationship, aside one wich shared some interest with me so we was digging a bit

ESFj : never been close

ENTj (2) : okay ! Great ant fun guys. The problem arent their Ni or Se but more their lack of Ne Si. But interesting discussion.

ISFj (3) : okay too, but their lzck of Ne is annoying at time. Have certain sense of friendship/maintening friendship/expending social circle wich is interesting. Can be really fun when annoyed by external circonstance. I begin to know many gamma, they have good figurative skills, but I always get the impression they get only a half of information compared even to beta.

ESTp/INTp : never met

Same quadra :

ESTj Si tending toward the spiritual stuff : best ppl on earth (include my mentor), even more universally empathic than a neurotic EII

Regular ESTj : always interesting

Girls ESTJ : mmmhh

INFj : end in a competition where I generally win. I tend to maintain minimal number of INFj near myself because of this competition aspect. INFj girls can be good at conversation when each party understand their is nothing going beetween us

ENFp : second best people on earth. Respond "yes" to all my opinion. Epicure of the socionic, too.

ISTp : I don t know them at the core, but I really like their version of Te. Possess a sense of style. Have some charm, I almost fallen in love with one (love wich was amplified for 1 week after a strong LSD trip)
    Last edited by noid; 06-24-2015 at 02:22 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they're not so much distasteful, but there are definitely communication issues. You have fundamentally different assumptions and ways of dealing with the world. These issues inevitably come out in close relationships, but you can deal with them to some degree.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i was going to say something similar to the above post.

Even though i'm not totally clear on specific types in many cases, in my every day interactions i find that with some people, even if you're not friends at all, you understand each other sometimes even without having to say much of anything, and with other people, even if you do get along well and like each other a lot, everything you say gets interpreted totally differently from what you meant and vice versa (mutually), and yet others fall somewhere in between. I do think that might be a socionic phenomenon, because information exchange is what socionics is all about.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in the short term there are nice benefits but in the long term the negative effects take overhand. nonetheless the relationships are not as bad as you would think. And quadra isn't Always superb either.

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any advice on supervisor/supervise relationship ? (INFj & ESFp - on the INFj side - when Im at my best, speaking about moral, psychological stuff, music, view of life, we can find interesting subject and point of view, but sometime with him I can feel a bit trapped in a semi paranoia - "wtf he is trying to obtain from me" - and get stuck into a kind of "servant mode" where I can do nothing more than what he ask from me as if I lose a part of my personnality - always with a sense of paranoia/expecting the worse that is not present with ESTj for example - it doesnt happen every time we see each other or I would have ended the relationship for sure, but it can happen in some situation... Aside that, the relationship and idea shared are quite interesting)
    Last edited by noid; 09-04-2015 at 10:29 AM.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noid View Post
    Any advice on supervisor/supervise relationship ? (INFj & ESFp - on the INFj side - when Im at my best, speaking about moral, psychological stuff, music, view of life, we can find interesting subject and point of view, but sometime with him I can feel a bit trapped in a semi paranoia - "wtf he is trying to obtain from me" - and get stuck into a kind of "servant mode" where I can do nothing more than what he ask from me as if I lose a part of my personnality - always with a sense of paranoia/expecting the worse that is not present with ESTj for example - it doesnt happen every time we see each other or I would have ended the relationship for sure, but it can happen in some situation... Aside that, the relationship and idea shared are quite interesting)
    lot's of advice on supervision relationships has already been talked about: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...n_observations is there something in particular that you needed help with?

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ill read that
    I stopped the relationship because his drugs was to expensive
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Just not the same not like my duals. I very much enjoy my LSEs ability to monitor safety of their love ones, of home, create comfort, and a peaceable environment. Sure SLE men take care of the family well being and most are very nice people. What is missing is the directive nature of LSE, monitoring activities and making plans in advance. I love the Ej nature. Makes things easy and smooth.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is a good question in the OP

For myself, I feel like socionics can be a bit of a bridge that allows for commonality or transference of meaning, so in a general sense (or at "not very close psychological distance), being of the same quadra can smooth things over. It is particularly a problem when there is no common ground AND there is difficulty in terms of socioincs - but what I'm talking about here is more about actually conveying meaning or intention accurately, with understanding.

In terms of long lasting relations, I have some people who are outside of delta, but that's more because we are aligned in other ways, life goals, life paths, etc. I think that is more dominant, but I think socionics compatibility makes it a little easier to interpret whether or not someone is able to do that with you - to understand what they share with you.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got time with a SLE yesterday and this wasn t bad time aside some brainfuck and misunderstanding. We shared some similarities in goal, so it can make a difference.
    Infp infj is very good at least as good as mirroring imo (but there is more energy in mirrorring - quasi duality is more subtle)
    Collectionning socionic relationship lol

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think any socionics relationships are necessarily pleasant or necessarily distasteful. A lot of it depends on temperament (not in a socionics sense, but as in being more high-strung vs more laid-back) and maturity ime, at least as long as you don't try to get too close.

Three personal examples bc why not:

One of the professors on my thesis committee was LSI, and we had tremendous respect for each other and I felt she pushed me to be better (even though, yes, we frustrated each other tremendously at times).

My best friend in middle school was an SEI, and we obviously got along well, though we grew apart w age...I would still hang out w her, though, if she didn't live several states away.

I dated an SLI who, dual or not, was not a great person, and things didn't work out.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra