TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ti/Fe and Te/Fi again...

poof
    Last edited by marooned; 07-28-2008 at 09:27 PM.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure this particular concept or "dichotomy" or explanation or whatever you want to call it should be used.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For example, I've known Fe types who will automatically say that someone is wrong because they don't like that person.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In many ways, I'd prefer to take everything based on its own merits, but I do find myself scanning for who says things on the forum. For example, if I read something someone has written, I look at it, and kind of mentally withhold my judgement until I see who posted. Sometimes, I skim over it, and if I notice it's written by someone well respected by me, I'll give it full consideration. Other times, even if there's only a paragraph to read it, if it's someone that I can't be bothered with, I won't read it, which is a shame, because I think you can get something from everyone, regardless of how you feel about them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    well Fe types do have strong Fi. I wouldn't base a serious theory to present to the academy without doing serious Te research for example, despite being a Ti type.

or they could hate that person for a variety of reasons, like he's hitting their Te polr

also beta Fe types have strong Ni... which can lead them to suspect that a person is going to hit their Te polr. in their case its about self defense, whereas with Fi types it is a clear and resolute stance against the person and his ideas.
    I can take an immediate dislike to someone based on their violating my , ie: being offensive, confrontational or rude to me. I really can't stand an initial impression of hostility. It's very jarring and usually takes a while for me to get over the internal emotional disturbance.

Also, If I pick up a sustained sense of covert hostility directed at me, (ie: passive-aggressive or abrupt defensiveness) I begin to distance myself from that person. That I can see more as violating a code.
    Last edited by aka-kitsune; 05-21-2008 at 04:53 PM. Reason: additional thoughts...
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think this distinction is meaningful, mostly because the Te-Fi way of seeing things you describe is equal to committing a logical fallacy as a standard way of thinking.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Ti/Fe

What is said is more important than who is saying it. What is said will be evaluated on its own merits.

Fi/Te

Who is saying something “colors” what they are saying. What they say is considered within the broader context of who they are and what they have said before.

Problem with Ti/Fe: it takes all statements equally and can miss the meaning or context the statements were meant in because first and foremost it must take them all equally. (Filters information by what is being said. You are judged on the basis of what you have said.)

Problem with Fi/Te: it emphasizes first and foremost who is saying the statement… therefore if it has the concept of “who” wrong, it may also misinterpret the meaning of the statement. (Filters information by who is saying it. The information is “judged” on the basis that "you" have said it.)
    i like this at first blush but i'm not sure it really holds true. over time, Ti/Fe will pay attention to who is saying what. as ezra says there are certain forum members who have proven to me that reading their posts with any depth or focus is a futile effort on my part.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often