Thread: Test Your Knowledge

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Default Test Your Knowledge

A family member sent me this, this morning. I think this is a surprisingly good general test, although I think the results are funny since I didn't finish high school, took a few years off, then got a GED before going to tech school. Most of this stuff I learned through studying things that interested me, documentaries, and reading a lot. Obviously you don't have to have formal education to do well on it. Oh, and I used to play jeopardy and trivial pursuit with two ILI.

I have some trouble seeing "knowledge" as Te. I have seen that mentioned several times here. I guess it is related to "facts" Anyway I am sure many who are Te polr know this stuff.

As others have told you @idontgiveaf you can be good at math and still be Ti polr. It has nothing to do with intelligence when your Te or Ti is weaker. I only scored 140 on the test you posted. I suck at math.

General questions on science, art, literature and history. It is longish.

Can we guess your highest education level?

So, it was nice little ego stroke to wake up to. PHD! I was feeling kind of meh the past couple days. Amazing how much we pick up and store in the back of our minds for future use. I just remembered one thing after another as I read the questions. My brain cells aren't all dead after all.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That was not a quiz, that was a fight!

74% PhD. But make no mistake. I would have failed without the subliminal hints from the pictures (*Trump voice* this site is rigged) and my random Latin + Willy Shakes knowledge.

j6VQwRu.png

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Ooh do this one too @bgdjf aka GOD! <3

I actually learned a couple things on this one. I probably should have done better considering my nominations for "most spiritual".

QUIZ: Can You Pass World Religion 101?

Your Score: 92%
    Quiz Nirvana
    You are particularly enlightened about world religions.
    Retake the Quiz

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

75%

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actual result

obligatory also a highschool drop out.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also got a 95%. I thought the science questions were too easy, but other people maybe would think the Art questions were too easy and I missed some of those (I didn't know who painted The Scream for example even though it's a very famous painting.)
    Last edited by squark; 09-28-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Ooh do this one too @bgdjf aka GOD! <3

I actually learned a couple things on this one. I probably should have done better considering my nominations for "most spiritual".

QUIZ: Can You Pass World Religion 101?

Your Score: 92%
    Quiz Nirvana
    You are particularly enlightened about world religions.
    Retake the Quiz

this one was kinda lousy with the picture cues, but i don't think it really made a difference besides to confirm what i was about to answer. I would have liked to have seen some more obscure religions represented, they seemed to focus on well known ones. Funnily enough, i missed the holy foreskin question from my religion of birth. I suppose they didn't cover that in CCD

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    I thought the science questions were too easy, but other people maybe would think the Art questions were too easy and I missed some of those (I didn't know who painted The Scream for example even though it's a very famous painting.)
    same.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgdjf View Post
    this one was kinda lousy with the picture cues, but i don't think it really made a difference besides to confirm what i was about to answer. I would have liked to have seen some more obscure religions represented, they seemed to focus on well known ones. Funnily enough, i missed the holy foreskin question from my religion of birth. I suppose they didn't cover that in CCD
    I knew that one. I think it was mentioned in a movie. lol

YWIMW

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My test result

I'm content. Of course I failed on a lot of question in the topics art and history, esp. american history, but thats ok. Never attended a school in the US.
    History is also a topic I'm not really interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    74% PhD.
    Got the same result, Chae. Not bad for somebody lacking knowledge in US history.

BTW. The girl on the picture. Is that Emma Watson?
    Last edited by WinnieW; 09-28-2017 at 02:56 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I did the worst on the history questions. I think I got all of the dates wrong. art and literature was the easiest.
    my actual education is 2-yr AS in community & technical college.

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

college.PNG

Never finished high school. The history questions were the easiest for me.

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    I also got a 95%. I thought the science questions were too easy, but other people maybe would think the Art questions were too easy and I missed some of those (I didn't know who painted The Scream for example even though it's a very famous painting.)
    The science questions were all things you can answer after having sat your mandatory education in this country so I am not sure what they are meant to prove. The randomness of others is also kinda silly. So suppose you know the capital city of Uganda but not Kenya, this makes you less likely to be educated...? The "random facts" part doesn't correlate well to education ime.

Some of the answers for the history questions were wrong also. The Weimar Republic was a nickname for the German post-war constitutional polity and not its actual name (Deutsches Reich). Although the German monarchy was abolished in 1918, Germany was not formally known as a Republic until the Bundesrepublik/Demokratische Republic since the word Reich does not have royal connotations in German.

Answers that can be deduced from the question sets aren't that impressive. For example - number 28 is about US segregation in schools so even if you don't know the answer (and I am guessing most people know what Roe v Wade is) you can just guess practically the answer will most likely be the one where someone sues the Board of Education.

Edit: I think the best way to gauge quickly a person's education is their ability to use written English (or whatever their native language is), since grammar, syntax and spelling do correlate well to education.

Edit2: No comment about Oxford comma please.
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75%

I got Shakespeare ones wrong... I should read Shakespeare. I also got a lot of art ones wrong. I should read more novels. And damn American history.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    My test result

I'm content. Of course I failed on a lot of question in the topics art and history, esp. american history, but thats ok. Never attended a school in the US.
    History is also a topic I'm not really interested in.

Got the same result, Chae. Not bad for somebody lacking knowledge in US history.

BTW. The girl on the picture. Is that Emma Watson?
    In my classes, US history was almost treated as default history next to everything eurocentric so no worries there. I'd feel complimented if it was Asian or African history we're talking about

Either way, the only obstacle for the test was language

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by totalize View Post
    The science questions were all things you can answer after having sat your mandatory education in this country so I am not sure what they are meant to prove. The randomness of others is also kinda silly. So suppose you know the capital city of Uganda but not Kenya, this makes you less likely to be educated...? The "random facts" part doesn't correlate well to education ime.

Some of the answers for the history questions were wrong also. The Weimar Republic was a nickname for the German post-war constitutional polity and not its actual name (Deutsches Reich). Although the German monarchy was abolished in 1918, Germany was not formally known as a Republic until the Bundesrepublik/Demokratische Republic since the word Reich does not have royal connotations in German.

Answers that can be deduced from the question sets aren't that impressive. For example - number 28 is about US segregation in schools so even if you don't know the answer (and I am guessing most people know what Roe v Wade is) you can just guess practically the answer will most likely be the one where someone sues the Board of Education.

Edit: I think the best way to gauge quickly a person's education is their ability to use written English (or whatever their native language is), since grammar, syntax and spelling do correlate well to education.

Edit2: No comment about Oxford comma please.

I had no idea what "The Weimar Republic" was. I only looked it up because of your comment. I obviously missed that one on the test. I will probably forget it soon enough. Maybe not.

As to the bold part of your response, I always had top scores in those areas on aptitude tests that I have taken for various reasons. I was in a gifted student program before I quit (due to really complicated reasons). I got my GED with a perfect score in every category, but math and social studies. I didn't study for it but I probably could not pass it now without studying. I think it upset my step dad since he tried to force me to study all the time. He said I would fail if I didn't. I don't think I cared at the time and looked overly arrogant after showing him my scores.
    My EII sister did study, hard, but really struggled in school. Now she has a broader education, than I do, in lots of areas I have no interest. She is a better writer than me. I used to be a grammar Nazi and one time spelling bee queen. I know, it's hard to believe. lol I just couldn't continue being that anal since it became an OCD. It was a relief to say, "fuck it".
    My syntax is often wonky because words in my head can be wonky. They make sense to me. I don't feel a need to correct myself as much as I used to.

I believe my education started at home, with my aunt, when I first moved to the US. She did home school us in different subjects like literature, art and music. A lot of what I know, in those areas, I picked up from her before I started school. I guess I was 3 1/2 when we moved here. I remember how much it upset me, as a child, that she knew Latin and refused to teach me. She said it was a "dead language" and I wouldn't need it. Maybe that was her Ni HA. I remember struggling to read Chaucer (Middle English) and she was more willing to help there. I wondered if her Latin was as good as she claimed. No matter since I have internet. Not to mention a few random phrases implanted in my memory.

My step dad, and others, continued to push education on me. I was very lucky to have these people in my life because school was like death to me but they didn't let me wither. I have never disliked anything as much as I disliked going to school. Everything about it felt wrong for me. I did enjoy tech school, for the most part, only because I chose it and it wasn't forced on me. My interests were primarily literature, philosophy, psychology and science. I was encouraged and free to pursue my interests in these and other areas and I am grateful for that.

YWIMW

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had no idea what "The Weimar Republic" was. I only looked it up because of your comment. I obviously missed that one on the test. I will probably forget it soon enough. Maybe not.

As to the bold part of your response, I always had top scores in those areas on aptitude tests that I have taken for various reasons. I was in a gifted student program before I quit (due to really complicated reasons). I got my GED with a perfect score in every category, but math and social studies. I didn't study for it but I probably could not pass it now without studying. I think it upset my step dad since he tried to force me to study all the time. He said I would fail if I didn't. I don't think I cared at the time and looked overly arrogant after showing him my scores.
    My EII sister did study, hard, but really struggled in school. Now she has a broader education, than I do, in lots of areas I have no interest. She is a better writer than me. I used to be a grammar Nazi and one time spelling bee queen. I know, it's hard to believe. lol I just couldn't continue being that anal since it became an OCD. It was a relief to say, "fuck it".
    My syntax is often wonky because words in my head can be wonky. They make sense to me. I don't feel a need to correct myself as much as I used to.

I believe my education started at home, with my aunt, when I first moved to the US. She did home school us in different subjects like literature, art and music. A lot of what I know, in those areas, I picked up from her before I started school. I guess I was 3 1/2 when we moved here. I remember how much it upset me, as a child, that she knew Latin and refused to teach me. She said it was a "dead language" and I wouldn't need it. Maybe that was her Ni HA. I remember struggling to read Chaucer (Middle English) and she was more willing to help there. I wondered if her Latin was as good as she claimed. No matter since I have internet. Not to mention a few random phrases implanted in my memory.

My step dad, and others, continued to push education on me. I was very lucky to have these people in my life because school was like death to me but they didn't let me wither. I have never disliked anything as much as I disliked going to school. Everything about it felt wrong for me. I did enjoy tech school, for the most part, only because I chose it and it wasn't forced on me. My interests were primarily literature, philosophy, psychology and science. I was encouraged and free to pursue my interests in these and other areas and I am grateful for that.
    You have a higher score than me (95 vs 85) but the test still suggested I have a PhD. In reality I have a DipHE which is far from a PhD.

I know you're a person who was educated by their family and taught to learn, so it's not surprising that you have a high score or that you have high competence in English. But I still don't think the test is a good metric. I learnt nothing at university that would have helped me answer any of these questions, especially if I had actually finished it the degree.
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my classes, US history was almost treated as default history next to everything eurocentric so no worries there.
    Ok. I made a wrong assumption.
    I attended my last lesson in history about 20 years ago. Maybe the lesson plan has changed.
    I can't remember much of my school lessons.
    I guess I'm guilty of daydreaming too much during lessons. History was a pure learning of fact... and I had a SLI-Si history teacher... I can only tell her way of teaching had a sedative effect to my brain.
    Yeah, just the facts, ma'am, no interpretation of my own!
    Anyway, the history lessons I know were really rather europe-centric.
    I never ever heard something about Roe v Wade.

Either way, the only obstacle for the test was language
    Interestingly I can read english quite fluently, but have a hard time writing texts in english. I wonder about that. Sometimes a need a dictionary.
    I had good grades in languages back in school days. I hadn't the best grades because I was lazy and didn't care much about school grades.

Interessting fact: German and English shared the same root in the past. All the difference we can see is the result of separate language development for about 1000 years.
    Last edited by WinnieW; 09-28-2017 at 06:47 PM.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

67%. The literature questions are always the ones that screw me over.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have some trouble seeing "knowledge" as Te. I have seen that mentioned several times here. I guess it is related to "facts" Anyway I am sure many who are Te polr know this stuff.
    knowledge, intelligence & even experience has nothing to do with IEs, I think Te is concerned with checking factual correctness, groundedness of ideas & how to apply knowledge productively
    for example, when we discussed Numerology even though I find the idea interesting, it still bothers me to use it since it is very ungrounded as there is no proof to correlate date of birth or name with personality or a person's future but that doesn't seem to bother you at all since you find it accurate in your case (so yeah I guess believing in numerology can indicate a weak or unvalued Te )

I got 64%, but considering my ignorance in art, literature and US history, I'd say it was a surprisingly high result and I actually got lucky in some questions
    who knew Hamlet would save me twice in a day though I haven't read the damn thing? and talking about "The Weimar Republic" was very helpful

but seriously who was the idiot who said that stupid painting "the scream" is an art? I thought it was done by a child when I first saw it

So, it was nice little ego stroke to wake up to. PHD!
    I have a bad feeling about this

I was feeling kind of meh the past couple days.
    me too

My brain cells aren't all dead after all.
    I can kill your remaining brain cells if you want

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I got 77 %. PhD

American history/literature (or British) is not that common subject in schools over here.

(Science questions were laughably easy for some reason. Finished basic schooling with 9/10 average where the scale is most logically 4-10. I think it mostly tests the knowledge you gather from there. I'm MSc [credit wise it is about 1.5 master's].)
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 09-29-2017 at 08:10 AM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice I am Phded now, knowing I repeated twice. Amazing test.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

And that's a phd, lol what a silly test.

Too many American history questions tho'.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The science questions were all things you can answer after having sat your mandatory education in this country so I am not sure what they are meant to prove.
    Yes, the science questions were high school level questions here as well ime.

I learnt nothing at university that would have helped me answer any of these questions, especially if I had actually finished it the degree.
    I think the GRE subject tests are a better measure of what you most likely learned in University. This test I believe was just for fun and a kind of general knowledge sort of test rather than anything to take too seriously =)
    Last edited by squark; 10-01-2017 at 04:07 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

The science questions were all things you can answer after having sat your mandatory education in this country so I am not sure what they are meant to prove.
    Most of them we were taught in middle school in my country (age 10-14).

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I got 68% PHD. This test gives PHD way too easily. I found another similar test that gave me a Masters degree for 36/50 or 72%, which is more realistic:

http://yourdailydish.com/education-level-quiz/
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    I got 68% PHD. This test gives PHD way too easily. I found another similar test that gave me a Masters degree for 36/50 or 72%, which is more realistic:

http://yourdailydish.com/education-level-quiz/
    I guessed at some dates and a couple other things but got them right so it is not like I knew them. Just lucky that I knew some things that made my choices more likely to be correct by eliminating the others. At least now I will probably remember. If it weren't for a lot of reading, PBS, Discovery channel and History channel I would have been lost. I didn't learn most of it in school. Funny thing is I was writing a response to this thread but stopped. In it I asked, "does it even matter that I know how many moons Mars has?" I guess it just did. I sleep to these kind of videos most nights, sometimes with headphones. It is easier than studying and when I come across the information later or when I watch while awake it is easier to absorb.

I got 48 of 50 right
    You put in all that hard work getting your doctorate. You deserve it!! Great job, genius

YWIMW

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A family member sent me this, this morning. I think this is a surprisingly good general test, although I think the results are funny since I didn't finish high school, took a few years off, then got a GED before going to tech school. Most of this stuff I learned through studying things that interested me, documentaries, and reading a lot. Obviously you don't have to have formal education to do well on it. Oh, and I used to play jeopardy and trivial pursuit with two ILI.

As others have told you @idontgiveaf you can be good at math and still be Ti polr. It has nothing to do with intelligence when your Te or Ti is weaker. I only scored 140 on the test you posted. I suck at math.

So, it was nice little ego stroke to wake up to. PHD! I was feeling kind of meh the past couple days. Amazing how much we pick up and store in the back of our minds for future use. I just remembered one thing after another as I read the questions. My brain cells aren't all dead after all.
    That's actually true.. Because our types are only our cognitive process.. It doesn't really measures our intelligence

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm not American lol

But it's accurate, college grad
    http://offbeat.topix.com/quiz-result/16503

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    That's actually true.. Because our types are only our cognitive process.. It doesn't really measures our intelligence
    intelligence tests usually just test ne and ti tho, maybe ni and se aswel. theres nothing "feely" about it so ethical types should suffer

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. Knowledge test usually find out how much facts you know compared to the people made the test.

Intelligence tests find out how well you can solve tasks in comparison to the people created them.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am all-knowing, so obviously 100%. Now stop touching yourself at 11:11 each night and wishing for a better sex life. You're not sexy enough for me to want to watch and you're peeving me too much for me to want to tell you the address of the one person on the entire planet who'd actually sleep with you

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    I am all-knowing, so obviously 100%. Now stop touching yourself at 11:11 each night and wishing for a better sex life. You're not sexy enough for me to want to watch and you're peeving me too much for me to want to tell you the address of the one person on the entire planet who'd actually sleep with you
    Imagine their path crossing with yours.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    intelligence tests usually just test ne and ti tho, maybe ni and se aswel. theres nothing "feely" about it so ethical types should suffer
    Well I'm high at Iq tests so does that make me a not feelee type

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

gulenko says EIE is the most brilliant intellectual so maybe you're that @idontgiveaf

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    gulenko says EIE is the most brilliant intellectual so maybe you're that @idontgiveaf
    yeah isnt his wife EIE #underthethumb

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    Well I'm high at Iq tests so does that make me a not feelee type
    yeah im skeptical about feeling and thinking being a dichotomy at all tbh. it seems more like preference than having to suck at logic when ur feeling or having to suck at feeling when logical

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    But i don't wanna be like @Cuvienen 🤔

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    yeah im skeptical about feeling and thinking being a dichotomy at all tbh. it seems more like preference than having to suck at logic when ur feeling or having to suck at feeling when logical
    Well is socionics more about cognitive functions?

Not intelligence?

So i think it doesn't really have to do with intelligence no matter how is your sociotype.

Because it's cognition, more on how you behave and act.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast