Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Exercising little-used muscles

It's been an ever-increasing problem for me that I've been having great difficulty in opening jars...forever being a weed does not help but it seems that my finger muscles have been simply wasting away, making the problem worse. The chief problem for me is that exercise can be time-consuming and unenjoyable, unless it is a pleasant walk. Does anybody have any advice about any efficient and ideally pleasurable solutions to my pathetic plight?

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Laughing View Post
    It's been an ever-increasing problem for me that I've been having great difficulty in opening jars...forever being a weed does not help but it seems that my finger muscles have been simply wasting away, making the problem worse. The chief problem for me is that exercise can be time-consuming and unenjoyable, unless it is a pleasant walk. Does anybody have any advice about any efficient and ideally pleasurable solutions to my pathetic plight?
    you do pushups?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Laughing View Post
    In addition to the good tips so far, I would advise seeing a doctor ASAP about your wasting finger muscles....that's abnormal.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that a job that requires use of hands works well. for example, landscaping, labour,, tile laying, ect.. I remember when my digits started getting permanent wrinkles around 24, on the palm sides between the joints, I was like nooooooooooooo! One thing I find is that muscles come and go over the years,and if you are under 40, there is still lots of time to gain lost muscle mass after a period of atrophy, Don't sweat it yet, EL.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am actually not kidding the above is what I did for stronger hands. I think a specific hand exercise would just fail cause who would do them enough everyday day in an day out to make much difference? You could pick up those hand barbells from Sportchek or something, I have those in my truck for when I'm feeling antsy.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the only exercise you do is "pleasant walking"? And you're male?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    you do pushups?
    LUL.

Now I want to see any one suggest Beta Quadra isn't my opposing Quadra.

Listen to Se/Ni people, Enter the Dragon, and you're going to get advised to lift 500 pounds to open a jar lid.

(Use a jar lid opener).

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    LUL.

Now I want to see any one suggest Beta Quadra isn't my opposing Quadra.

Listen to Se/Ni people, Enter the Dragon, and you're going to get advised to lift 500 pounds to open a jar lid.

(Use a jar lid opener).
    I would have advised him to take up martial arts such that he could make those jars fall apart open with one swift kick.
    @Enter Laughing may be take a few courses that require light physical exercise and are compatible with your physical constitution, such a knitting and diary stitching? these classes usually don't require too much in terms of commitment and exertion and sometimes are very enjoyable depending on the instructor

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    I would have advised him to take up martial arts such that he could make those jars fall apart open with one swift kick.

few courses that require light physical exercise and are compatible with your physical constitution, such a knitting and diary stitching? these classes usually don't require too much in terms of commitment and exertion and sometimes are very enjoyable depending on the instructor
    Werd. I thought finger muscles benefit greatly from pounding the keyboard. It is an EII crazie world. Oh wait, those are ILI.

Anyway, @Enter the Dragon, why kill yourself off? There is SLE walking somewhere in your neighbourhood, so throw that jar at him/her and it is bound to open...

A lil exercise never killed any one...
    Last edited by Absurd; 02-17-2014 at 10:30 PM.