Thread: I love this forum already

TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I love this forum already

You have some of the best material and articles I've seen on type.
    I feel like I should have spent the last four years on this site, instead of elsewhere.

A little about me... I've been pursuing an objective means to quantify type for the past four years or so, and my journey has taken me through a lot of error-checking and diverse hypothesis.

My approach has been one of using body language -- but not in the loosely defined way people typically implement. The goal was to see if the similarities we see in people and subconsciously use to say things like "yep, that's definitely a Beta" could be quantified and correlated to the actual functions and actual, dynamic expressions (rather than face structure)

As I did this, starting in the MBTI camp, I discovered myself coming to a very similar general alignment with Socionics. And as Socionics seems to have an appreciation for visual identification, I hope I can fit in~

It's a pleasure to meet you
    Last edited by Sandoval; 05-05-2016 at 03:41 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Welcome. And your type?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TiNe

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandoval View Post
    Many of them are badly translated articles. And all here is just hypotheses, which may be wrong. Some hypotheses are not even normal socionics like baseless Reinin's dichotomies, subtypes and other bs.
    Also there is a problem of doubtful practice, as all have typing matches <50%, average <20%.

My approach has been one of using body language
    Types have specific expression in nonverbal behavior. You may notice the difference in my types examples.

dynamic expressions (rather than face structure)
    "face structure" is just old heresy known as physiognomy. You may meet followers of this in socionics, unfortunally. As they also use behavioral theory - it keeps them in touch with reality.

As I did this, starting in the MBTI camp, I discovered myself coming to a very similar general alignment with Socionics. And as Socionics seems to have an appreciation for visual identification, I hope I can fit in
    Normal typing is IRL interview when you see the man. So you get there nonverbal info. As socionics accepts intuition as one of ways of knowledge, even equal to logics, - so "impressions" always were important in typing. One of things which gives us impressions is nonverbal behavior of the typed. You could meet in descriptions of types and dichotomies the "impressions" from people of some type. MBT should have this factor too as they use interview, not only the test, but probably they prefer to keep this way for typing as "hiden", as looking not too "scientific".
    I did comparative typing on socioforum with using nonverbal method - were typed bloggers with their random videos. Many typers have gotten match near 20%, what is much higher than 6% of random, and this was statistically correct (<5% mistake). This have proven nonverbal methods have objective basis, despite are mostly based on intuition.

TIM
    ile
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome i like the posts you made about BETAS and the pictures you used. do you have anymore like that?

enneagram 946/947

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the articles here are excellent, too. You can learn so much. Did you see Forms of Cognition, @Sandoval? Yes, some of them are bad translations and you just have to stumble through. Most of them are readable though. Personally, I have found Reinin Dichtonomies to be consistently useful in typing/understanding people. They seem to always work with the Socionics type, in my own use of it. I have had trouble with identifying subtypes though, not just with others but also for myself and those I know well. I don't know if that's the system's fault or my own.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hello and welcome.

TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Normal typing is IRL interview when you see the man. So you get there nonverbal info. As socionics accepts intuition as one of ways of knowledge, even equal to logics, - so "impressions" always were important in typing. One of things which gives us impressions is nonverbal behavior of the typed. You could meet in descriptions of types and dichotomies the "impressions" from people of some type. MBT should have this factor too as they use interview, not only the test, but probably they prefer to keep this way for typing as "hidden", as looking not too "scientific".
    Yes, precisely. We all use these impressions, and everything about a person, to determine type -- but some models don't accept it.
    But I think there's a good point to their concern, since a very impressionistic approach to visual identification is also incomplete. The vagueness (20% accuracy is still low-ish) could use a lot of research and maybe bring it to a more 'academic' place. It might make more consistent predictions by using a more defined method.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    I think the articles here are excellent, too. You can learn so much. Did you see Forms of Cognition, @Sandoval? Yes, some of them are bad translations and you just have to stumble through. Most of them are readable though.
    I'll definitely take a look.
    Hey, are there any plans for the (Polish?) Socionics community to officially publish English translations of their books and articles? I'd love to get some paperbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    welcome i like the posts you made about BETAS and the pictures you used. do you have anymore like that?
    I do. I'm glad they were well received! I can do a few more of you'd like.
    I'm curious to see how our impressions correlate.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

We all use these impressions, and everything about a person, to determine type -- but some models don't accept it.
    Not models, as MBT has intuition function too.

The vagueness (20% accuracy is still low-ish
    20% is typers' match, not accuracy. It's close to the match gotten in typing with IRL interview in experiment CRT-99 (there was average 17% match based on its raw data, while original article had wrong calculating and said % higher). It's also not less to what was gottern in experiments with using photos+questionnaire on socioforum. So it's not "low-ish" it's "typical-ish" for Socionics today.
    The match is possibly to get higher if typers will be not random people from a forum which partly use bs like Reinin's dichotomies.

to a more 'academic' place
    The only way to bring more academism is to bring more objectivism while this needs experiments which proove you typed people well. And high practical matches, but not today <50% between any two typers. Anything other is same doubtful speculations which we have now.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey whats up welcome to the16t

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D: aackk, Barney!

I was blissfully forgetful of that dinostrosity's existence for years......

Look what you've done...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

D: aackk, Barney!

I was blissfully forgetful of that dinostrosity's existence for years......

Look what you've done...
    Good. Git trigguhed.

TIM
    ile
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do. I'm glad they were well received! I can do a few more of you'd like.
    I'm curious to see how our impressions correlate.
    please post more ^_^ did you create the images you used?

enneagram 946/947

TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    please post more ^_^ did you create the images you used?
    I did, with the help of my closest friend. ^^

I could post more, but I don't want to overstep my (so kind) welcome... as these ideas come from a new and different model than Socionics... and I don't wanna start an uproar. I will pm you with it instead.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could post more, but I don't want to overstep my (so kind) welcome... as these ideas come from a new and different model than Socionics... and I don't wanna start an uproar. I will pm you with it instead.
    Welcome here.

You are also quite welcome by the way. Let's see these word twists.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Many of them are badly translated articles. And all here is just hypotheses, which may be wrong. Some hypotheses are not even normal socionics like baseless Reinin's dichotomies, subtypes and other bs.
    Also there is a problem of doubtful practice, as all have typing matches <50%, average <20%.

Types have specific expression in nonverbal behavior. You may notice the difference in my types examples.

"face structure" is just old heresy known as physiognomy. You may meet followers of this in socionics, unfortunally. As they also use behavioral theory - it keeps them in touch with reality.

Normal typing is IRL interview when you see the man. So you get there nonverbal info. As socionics accepts intuition as one of ways of knowledge, even equal to logics, - so "impressions" always were important in typing. One of things which gives us impressions is nonverbal behavior of the typed. You could meet in descriptions of types and dichotomies the "impressions" from people of some type. MBT should have this factor too as they use interview, not only the test, but probably they prefer to keep this way for typing as "hiden", as looking not too "scientific".
    I did comparative typing on socioforum with using nonverbal method - were typed bloggers with their random videos. Many typers have gotten match near 20%, what is much higher than 6% of random, and this was statistically correct (<5% mistake). This have proven nonverbal methods have objective basis, despite are mostly based on intuition.
    Socionics "accepts" intuition? Is there someone who does not? Except my theoretical doubts that is...

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I feel like I should have spent the last four years on this site, instead of elsewhere.

A little about me... I've been pursuing an objective means to quantify type for the past four years or so, and my journey has taken me through a lot of error-checking and diverse hypothesis.

My approach has been one of using body language -- but not in the loosely defined way people typically implement. The goal was to see if the similarities we see in people and subconsciously use to say things like "yep, that's definitely a Beta" could be quantified and correlated to the actual functions and actual, dynamic expressions (rather than face structure)

As I did this, starting in the MBTI camp, I discovered myself coming to a very similar general alignment with Socionics. And as Socionics seems to have an appreciation for visual identification, I hope I can fit in~

It's a pleasure to meet you
    LOL Ha ha! Welcome, you'll fit right in ^_^

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

This forum needs a good uproar.

and I am "officially" welcoming you.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW