Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Socionics and the Brain explained

I found socionics after a friend of mine came to visit with this wife. We had a beer or two and talked about socionics and this is what we figured out. Bare with me, this is some advanced math and not all of yous are going to get it, so don't ask me to dumb it down for you.

As you can see, functions are hidden deep in the skull, in the brain. Hit me with questions.

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Should I infer from this that you are proposing someone with an Ne base function, for example, has increased blood flow to this area?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squirreltual View Post
    Should I infer from this that you are proposing someone with an Ne base function, for example, has increased blood flow to this area?
    Exactly. Thanks for understanding.

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If I know that I have increased electrical activity (seizures) in the area that is labelled Fi, does this mean I may be typed incorrectly?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If I know that I have increased electrical activity (seizures) in the area that is labelled Fi, does this mean I may be typed incorrectly?
    Sure. Make a thread requesting people to type you for you don't know yourself.

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Sure. Make a thread requesting people to type you for you don't know yourself.
    I was using that example more for reason of exploring how brain abnormalities will then inform type if you're going at it from a neurological basis. Because then you could say all temporal lobe epileptics used Fi..? I'm not opposed to the idea btw. Just asking questions

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You can see how they're flowing through your DNA when you look in the mirror in the morning. Tcaud has this theory that functions are in semen so you know what to do. Heck, this is really groundbreaking, you want to have and IEI kid and you, yourself, are SEI and your partner is SEI as well. All you have to do is steal other man's sperm, as in, blow him and carry the load in your mouth. This other guy has to be IEI though and you have to kill your SEI partner as well and marry this IEI guy.

I was using that example more for reason of exploring how brain abnormalities will then inform type if you're going at it from a neurological basis. Because then you could say all temporal lobe epileptics used Fi..? I'm not opposed to the idea btw. Just asking questions
    I'm going to give you a serious answer to this question, you have earned it, posting in this thread proving how smart you are, so it is understandable. Temporal lobe uses Fi constantly, and when your brain is the way it is as evidenced in this thread, you are mistyped. Try exploring Fi side of socion, especially Fi+Se. I think you're my semi-dual.
    Last edited by Absurd; 06-22-2012 at 06:38 PM.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hit me with questions.
    Who did you have to decapitate for this.

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

All you have to do is steal other man's sperm, as in, blow him and carry the load in your mouth.
    Someone may need to sit this Tcaud down and give him the birds and the bees talk...

I'm going to give you a serious answer to this question, you have earned it, posting in this thread proving how smart you are, so it is understandable. Temporal lobe uses Fi constantly, and when your brain is the way it is as evidenced in this thread, you are mistyped. Try exploring Fi side of socion, especially Fi+Se. I think you're my semi-dual.
    Well thank you for the serious answer though I wasn't trying to prove anything. But... what?!!! I feel flabbergasted but will stop here so as not to derail.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you just said "derail" for this thread?
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haha. Why yes... yes I did! I don't want to discuss my type. I want fleshed out reasoning for this here diagram. I want to go on an absurd journey into the realm of neuroscience and socionics in bed together. Just how do they fit and who sleeps in the wet patch?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you saying that all of the grey area in your diagram is Si?

Also if one has temporal lobe epilepsy wouldn't that likely effect more your diagram's Ni than Fi and whatever that grey matter is (Si?)?

Can you please explain your conclusions to how you mapped those particular parts of the brain with the indicated Soconics functions when the diagrams below show functional brain mapping.

Last edited by Hays; 06-23-2012 at 01:47 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not sure when Absurd is serious anymore.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, it's absurd

hi absurd

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ Si being the brainstem!

I guess u could put it that way
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post

I think you're putting more thought into the picture than he did

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    You're not giving Absurd enough credit...he's actually a highly knowledgeable guy.

Some others seem to be intentional too... like Ne for broca's area, though it doesn't totally fit, or Se for the frontal/pre-frontal cortex (impulsivity comes from there)
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shayley View Post
    Also if one has temporal lobe epilepsy wouldn't that likely effect more your diagram's Ni than Fi and whatever that grey matter is (Si?)?
    That brain picture I posted is beyond criticism, so the answer is no.

Can you please explain your conclusions to how you mapped those particular parts of the brain with the indicated Soconics functions when the diagrams below show functional brain mapping.
    That was easy. I found a pic of brain on Internet and edited it in Microsoft Paint assigning every socionics function to part of brain one can say blindfolded.

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Im not sure when Absurd is serious anymore.
    Look who's talking. A socionics regular.

oh, it's absurd

hi absurd
    Hey, Galen, how was your breakfast today?

You're not giving Absurd enough credit...he's actually a highly knowledgeable guy.

Some others seem to be intentional too... like Ne for broca's area, though it doesn't totally fit, or Se for the frontal/pre-frontal cortex (impulsivity comes from there)
    Of course, WA. Where is your science title, Galen. Only when you study brain for 20 years you can have a voice in this.

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Hey Absurd, am I correct in postulating that in a person with strong Se will have a darker yellow prefrontal cortex, and someone with really weak but conscious Se will have a pale yellow one? And someone with Se-dual seeking will have a purple prefrontal cortex (yellow/purple being complementary colours)?
    No. person with strong Se is going to have brown eyes and person with weak Se blue. Se dual seeking eyes are, hmm, colourless.
    Last edited by Absurd; 06-23-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    OK, so weak Se is recessive and dying out.
    I hope so. Mine are blue only in sunlight.