Thread: A few quick opinions needed

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A few quick opinions needed

Just need a few quick opinions, don't overthink this, only types those you know. Looking for the general themes rather than specific characters (although you can totes base it on characters if you tell me why it matters for the theme).

Type by theme -> quadra

Cruel intentions
    Basic Instinct
    Death Note
    Code Geass
    Fightclub (woofl go nuts )

Californication

Type these artists:

Birdy
    Damien Rice
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Milky chance
    Sarah mclachlin
    Ellie goulding

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am not familiar with any of those artists.
    Fight Club- Beta
    Code Geass- Beta
    Death Note- Gamma or Beta?

Is this what you're looking for?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    You beat me by less than a minute, but I typed way more than you and quoted post too, so I win. (on a slow piece of crap laptop, mind you)

Haha, sure. But I can edit and add a lot more description, making it longer than your own and still before you.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, no, because the timestamp will show you edited your post and be proof you cheated. Not to mention I now have quoted your post with your intention of doing this.

:bringit:
    Lol, you live up to your signature! I win by being quickest! I won the race, you came in second and was slightly more impressive so you may still get the spotlight but I am still the winner at the end of the day. Better luck next time. This trophy is going to look good in my living room.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

yea ok since you asked i will give a general quadra vibe for the ones i know with absolutely no guarantee of authenticity

Cruel intentions - alpha/beta
    Basic Instinct - beta
    Fightclub (woofl go nuts ) - beta/gamma

Type these artists:

Smashing Pumpkins - beta/gamma
    Sarah mclachlin - delta
    Ellie goulding - delta

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Absolutely not. You only gave 3 opinions after 6 minutes to respond, or an average of 1 opinion per 2 minute, whereas I gave 12 opinions after 6 minutes to respond, an average of 1 opinion per 30 seconds. I was 4X as fast as you. AND I post-quoted my post to notify Refi for extra credit. AND I'm on a crappy laptop, and probably STILL would have beaten you if I had a faster computer, despite doing 4X the work and actually FINISHING the race.

So no way. Just know that I won, and you lost. Ok? Ok. Thanks. Have a good day. Bye.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just quick association-wise, vibe-wise without analysis.

Cruel intentions - Beta
    Basic Instinct - Beta

Anime in general makes me think Alpha/Beta, just cause I knew Alphas and Betas who were into it, personally am not familiar with the titles.

Artists:
    Birdy - Delta
    Damien Rice - Delta
    Smashing Pumpkins - Beta (Ni/Se quadra in general)
    Milky chance - Delta
    Sarah Mclachlan - Delta
    Ellie Goulding - Delta (Fi quadra)

The rest I'm not familiar with.
    Honestly - those choices put together mostly just point to NF club in general imo.
    ...or they might not mean anything at all socionics-wise...

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely not. You only gave 3 opinions after 6 minutes to respond, or an average of 1 opinion per 2 minute, whereas I gave 12 opinions after 6 minutes to respond, an average of 1 opinion per 30 seconds. I was 4X as fast as you. AND I post-quoted my post to notify Refi for extra credit. AND I'm on a crappy laptop, and probably STILL would have beaten you if I had a faster computer, despite doing 4X the work and actually FINISHING the race.

So no way. Just know that I won, and you lost. Ok? Ok. Thanks. Have a good day. Bye.
    +
    Insanely Competitive.
    =
    LOLLL!

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes, you won. By your own standards and isn't that what's most important after all? I am still the official victor, I just went straight for the finish line, no unnecessary detours or fancy shit. May have made it somewhat dull but I still got there first.

Oh and I just set up the trophy and was looking at my reflection in it while I was typing this. Damn, do I look good!

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't Fight Club very Gamma? or at least Se/Ni. I've only seen half of it but that's the sense I got.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm always wondering about why people think fightclub is about hierarcy, dominance, group identity etc.

I mean, you guys do get that it's a critique of consumption society? The movie isn't about "a fight club". It's not even about a guy who dissociates from himself and creates an alterego.

It's a critique of working to buy stuff that'll give you identity. It's a critique of a generation of males who supress who they are to fit in a system. The fightclub is not offered by Chuck Palaniuk as a sollution, but as a symptom of the problem; the situation creates a tension that could potentially open up space for "fight clubs".
    @woofwoofl: what is your main problem with fightclub? Just curious.

If anything it's a critique of beta/gamma imho. The ending in the book btw isn't as happy as in the movie, the guy ends up in an assylum. Fightclub isn't something glorius, it's a perversivation that arises from living a meaningless life without a real identity, real connections to people and helplessness in the world. In this sense the fightclubs are akin to "going to group sessions you don't need". It's a reaction to the problem, not a sollution.

Does this change anyones mind on Fightclub?

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MOAR quick opinions needed!

Mumford and sons
    Daughter
    the XX

Vikings (tv series)

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    Just need a few quick opinions, don't overthink this, only types those you know. Looking for the general themes rather than specific characters (although you can totes base it on characters if you tell me why it matters for the theme).

Type by theme -> quadra

Cruel intentions
    Basic Instinct
    Death Note
    Code Geass
    Fightclub (woofl go nuts )

Californication

Type these artists:

Birdy
    Damien Rice
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Milky chance