Thread: Taking another stab at the questionnaire

TIM
    1w9 3w4 5w6 sp/so
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Taking another stab at the questionnaire

Decided to take another stab at this because I'm unsure on my type.. just thought I'd get some opinions and see what others think.

Personal concepts
    1. What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is when you see something and feel a deep appreciation for its existence. Love is is really the same thing. You appreciate a trait or characteristic in someone. Or you appreciate the person in spite of any negative traits they may have, because the positive is more than the negative.
    2. What are your most important values?
    Integrity, honesty, acceptance, growth, challenging myself to always be better
    3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I'm spiritual. I believe in enlightenment and work to become more enlightened every day. I think every person naturally wants to be whole and they try to become that in many different ways, and for me it's about pushing myself to overcome my fears and insecurities.
    4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    War is necessary. There must always be a balance between light and dark forces, because that is the way nature works. Power to me personally is the strength to overcome obstacles and do what must be done.. being able to control my own environment to get to where I need to be.. it's a feel good thing too.

Interests
    5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    My spirituality takes up the most of my conversations. Well, not so much IRL, more online with specific forums devoted to that. I enjoy helping people out.. and actually this is in real life too, you'll usually find me advising someone on something, like how to become more whole or how to advance in a situation they need help with. I'm not so good at conversation for the sake of it. It has to have a purpose.. which is usually helping enlighten people.
    6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I am interested lately in exercising.. I want to have a perfect form and figure that I can walk around in and show off (my guilty pleasure, lol, sure my mother gets tired of hearing me and my brother too go on about our muscles all the time) .. it makes me feel more grounded in my body too, like I own it more. Also I'm not very aware of health stuff but I try to take in the minimum amount of protein each day.. you'll probably find me eating fish or eggs for that. Oh, and I make sure I eat a decent amount of fruit/veg and drink enough water. When it comes to diet it's basically like the minimum to stay fit and healthy.

7. What do you think of daily chores?
    Chores.. I like to do them when I need a break from something and just want to do something else for a while and there is nothing else to do. So in this way I usually get the minimum done.. but I like things to be clean and I can't let things slip too bad. So I will do a chore if I have to, but otherwise it's not too important.
    8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Well, I just finished watching an anime called Magi which I really enjoyed. It's fantasy themed and it's about these special magicians who nominate kings, and right now everyone is fighting to control the world.. it reminds me of Game of Thrones in that way.. I love Game of Thrones too (rooting for Daenerys btw). As for books.. I usually read spirituality themed books, like stories of people who have seen 'the other side'.. I just find it fascinating. I guess I'm into all things adventure. But, I'm not actually a huge book reader or tv watcher.. I have to remind myself to take time out sometimes.
    9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I don't really cry. Well, a friend/lover the other week died and that made me cry.. but apart from natural grief over something I don't really cry. I'm not that emotional. And smiling.. I don't know. I smile when something makes me happy I guess?

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    I do and I don't feel at one with the environment. I'm not naturally that comfortable in new places but I can relax myself into it.

Evaluation & Behaviour
    11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    My weaknesses.. I'm often told I can be a bit brash sometimes and not very concerned of others opinions or feelings. And I have to say this is true.. I don't really like to waste time on people who don't see things the same way as me. But what people don't realise is that I'm generally a very positive person, and whilst they might think I'm being negative and look like I want to kill them, I'm very accepting of people and also myself. I don't dislike things in myself, or in others, I only see where things could be improved to be better than they were before.
    12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    I often get called wise beyond my years. People are inspired by my strength and determination to keep going in life no matter what's thrown at me. I'm very motivated when it comes to working towards my goals and I stand in my own confidence and knowledge that I can do anything I need to to get ahead.
    13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I am not so good at the details. I notice a lot of things often escape my attention.. I might overlook something completely obvious and usually having someone to help me out with implementation of what I want to achieve can be greatly appreciated because I might get a bit confused sometimes.
    14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    No, I don't ever feel stuck in a rut. I always keep going.

People & Interactions
    15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    Well, it has to be said, I get along with people who think like me. If we have nothing in common then I have no interest in you. So I guess people who display characteristics like me is what I like in people.. strength of will and determination, a desire to become the best they can be.. an understanding and acceptance of the spiritual side and nature of life. Also rational people. I have no time for romantic fantasies and illusions. One thing that annoys me the most is when people say that there is a special "one" for everyone out there, because it's just not true. Where has there ever been solid evidence of that? People break up and marriages end and where's your fairy tale now? In the dust long since buried and yet.. they still cling on because they have nothing else in life worth living for.. I think that's sad.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I am not interested in romance or relationships. I'm a staunch believer in if you love yourself then no one else will have to do it for you. Sex- well, I'm asexual.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    I would make sure they grow up with a strong sense of self, fully aware of who they are and what they can do. Every child is unique and I don't believe in conforming them or trying to make them fit a model. I'd make sure they were brought up with a sense of equality and I would probably be very concerned with discipline and yet- I wouldn't let rules take away their freedom. There needs to be a good balance for a child to grow up healthy.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Inward- I don't agree. Outward- if it's important enough I'd say I don't agree. It depends whether it's worth making a fuss about. If something is obviously wrong then I'll say something.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I don't get very involved with society, although I would like to more. I've always been on the sidelines, but I'm looking to change that at some point. People as a whole, well, they're good hearted, but rough around the edges. I find it tiring to be involved in social events I have no interest in. But I do enjoy social events I do have interest in. A prevalent social problem would probably have to be the justice system. As an extreme example, if someone murders someone they should be given the death penalty, not five years jail time with a chance of parole after three. I believe in cause and effect. You murder someone, you deserve to die.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I don't really 'choose' friends, I just keep up a wall until I see that someone has similar values to me. If we share similar values and I think we'll get along and then I let them in for a while.. if we don't get along then I shut them back out again. I'm generally a very serious person, but around friends I loosen up a bit.

21. How do you behave around strangers?
    Depends if I want something from the stranger or not. If I want something then I can be more open and friendly.. if they have nothing to offer me then I usually just ignore them. Unless I have a purpose to talk to a stranger then the usual rule of contact is "don't speak unless spoken to". I have nothing to say, but I won't ignore someone a conversation if they so desire it (unless I'm at a party, and then talking to strangers is kinda expected and something I'll do more of if I'm interested).

TIM
    1w9 3w4 5w6 sp/so
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

sx/sp - by no means : I am not interested in romance or relationships. I'm a staunch believer in if you love yourself then no one else will have to do it for you. Sex- well, I'm asexual.

I haven't read everything, but let's just say LII, IEI or ILI

wuuut

Beauty is when you see something and feel a deep appreciation for its existence. Love is is really the same thing. You appreciate a trait or characteristic in someone. Or you appreciate the person in spite of any negative traits they may have, because the positive is more than the negative.

TIM
    1w9 3w4 5w6 sp/so
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    sx/sp - by no means : I am not interested in romance or relationships. I'm a staunch believer in if you love yourself then no one else will have to do it for you. Sex- well, I'm asexual.

Yeah actually I kinda just realised that the other day. I'm likely sp/so.

I haven't read everything, but let's just say LII, IEI or ILI
    Interesting. I did type myself ILI-Te but I was considering LIE. Actually the test I took recently said LIE too. I was just wondering if anyone could confirm that.

wuuut

I actually have a more complex view on beauty/love but I couldn't be asked to explain it all mostly because no one would likely understand, so I kept it simple.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CodenameK View Post

Yeah actually I kinda just realised that the other day. I'm likely sp/so.

Interesting. I did type myself ILI-Te but I was considering LIE. Actually the test I took recently said LIE too. I was just wondering if anyone could confirm that.

I actually have a more complex view on beauty/love but I couldn't be asked to explain it all mostly because no one would likely understand, so I kept it simple.
    well you can tell us what you find beautiful, show us a picture, a film, a video, something. Also it could be interesting if you expanded on spirituality ... isn't that more of a NF thing, how can you be spiritual via Te?

TIM
    1w9 3w4 5w6 sp/so
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    well you can tell us what you find beautiful, show us a picture, a film, a video, something. Also it could be interesting if you expanded on spirituality ... isn't that more of a NF thing, how can you be spiritual via Te?
    I find everything beautiful. There's beauty in everything if you just know how to look. Doesn't matter if I like it or not.. it's still beautiful in its own way. Really, I can't explain my concept of beauty without explaining first my concept of love which also ties in with my concept of spirituality. So I'll answer all these questions in one, but don't be surprised if you don't understand.

I'll start from the beginning:

I was never spiritual. Though I grew up with a Christian family I split off from that and became first an agnostic, then an atheist. But I was going through some depressing times and I had an NDE which changed the way I saw the world. So that's primarily 'how' I could be a spiritual Te. It's hard to dismiss what you've experienced first hand. So anyway, that experience showed me that the entire Universe is just love.. everything is love and everything we see, even the negativity is just beautiful. So to put it a simple way, I said that love and beauty is something you appreciate, because it actually is. We were made to experience and to appreciate what we are.. beauty and love is experiencing beauty and love, and that's beautiful. There is nothing that's not love, so I see and feel beauty in everything. My very existence is beauty and love and the existence of everything around me. I am beauty and love interacting with beauty and love. It's a dynamic appreciation, being involved in the process of the thing I appreciate. So, does that make sense, and is it helpful to your analysis in any way?

Though I have to say, I don't think religious/spiritual beliefs really have anything to do with type. Isn't it more down to the way you process information?