Thread: Type me by watching my youtube videos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me by watching my youtube videos

I'm curious what you guys think my type is by watching my youtube videos below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AkXOEFVV_A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3tEKnrtps0

This one is made by my friend I just appear in it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIVHM0IkRFQ

Another one filmed by my friend
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9CdYa2iNbA

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems kind of alpha irrational. I could maybe see Delta as well.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SEI

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You look so happy and adorable Another vote for SEI. Irrational and Ne/Si is a given.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mb INTP, ENTP

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    INTP
    do you do the p-j flip?

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
    SEI
    Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    You look so happy and adorable Another vote for SEI. Irrational and Ne/Si is a given.
    I'm curious. What do you all type that Vektykun fella in the first video? He is the same type of a guy I know and did not get along with in high school.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    do you do the p-j flip?
    Jung called judgment types as rational ones. Preference J in MBT and rationality in Socionics/Jung have identical description. Hence no flip, certainly. INTP = ILI

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm curious. What do you all type that Vektykun fella in the first video? He is the same type of a guy I know and did not get along with in high school.
    Oops, did I type the wrong guy?. Ok.. from the first video - the right guy is Ne/Si irrational (I *think* SEI, but some kind of Ne dom is also possible - purely because he reminds me a lot of my friend, who looks similar, but is actualy IXE), the left guy (Vektykun?) is intuitive for sure, I'd say ILE or ILI - he seems irrational. I can't say more, because I can't listen to anything they say atm : )

Ftr, I think doing the switch from mbti to socionics is wrong, it doesn't make sense. J is J in both systems. The problem is that it's not that apparent or clear cut for all people - it's more like a spectrum. But Ni base should be P in both systems, cause it's an irrational function. Jung was describing IEI and ILI in his Introverted Intuition type, not INFJ and INTJ - MBTI fucked it up. SLI and ISTP are the "mechanics" in both systems, it's not like ISTJ is called the "mechanic" type, it's called the logician, thus LSI, hence it should be Ti dom. They got the functions for introverted types wrong.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Oops, did I type the wrong guy?. Ok.. from the first video - the right guy is Ne/Si irrational (I *think* SEI, but some kind of Ne dom is also possible - purely because he reminds me a lot of my friend, who looks similar, but is actualy IXE), the left guy (Vektykun?) is intuitive for sure, I'd say ILE or ILI - he seems irrational. I can't say more, because I can't listen to anything they say atm : )
    Wait, ok, now i'm confused. In the first video, the larger guy is Vektykun, and the skinny guy who is doing the interviewing is Julian Montoya aka PepC. I typed PepC alpha irrational based on his persona, sense of humor, and friend group. I'm still not sure if I'd say SEI or ILE for him- honestly i could almost see IEI or Delta NF too but I think Alpha makes the most sense based on the other videos. I wanted to liken him to Hamilton Morris considering they look a little bit a like, but I figured that would do a disservice since they definitely seem like different types to me. As for Vektykun, the guy he reminds me of I typed LSE or ESE but I never got to figure his type out. He hangs out with a lot of Deltas but has very apparent Fe.

Ftr, I think doing the switch from mbti to socionics is wrong, it doesn't make sense. J is J in both systems. The problem is that it's not that apparent or clear cut for all people - it's more like a spectrum. But Ni base should be P in both systems, cause it's an irrational function. Jung was describing IEI and ILI in his Introverted Intuition type, not INFJ and INTJ - MBTI fucked it up. SLI and ISTP are the "mechanics" in both systems, it's not like ISTJ is called the "mechanic" type, it's called the logician, thus LSI, hence it should be Ti dom. They got the functions for introverted types wrong.
    I agree with that hence why i don't mess with MBTI. There are so many problems with the typings and descriptions in MBTI, and the problems seem to vary based on the site you visit, which speaks to wider problems with the system as a whole. In some INTJ descriptions you almost get a type that looks closer to some logical sensor, but really it's more like a mix of typings. If they at least get the description of Ni right then you just end up with a mix of ILIs and LIIs because the ILIs relate with Ni while the LIIs relate with the J. Anyhow, I was just curious so i could know what Sol meant when I saw his typings.
    Last edited by Contra; 02-06-2016 at 03:33 PM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Jung called judgment types as rational ones. Preference J in MBT and rationality in Socionics/Jung have identical description. Hence no flip, certainly. INTP = ILI
    This is correct but the use of MBTI notation is misleading. Jung did define perceiving dominants as irrationals, and the preference of J in both MBTI and socionics do have the same or similar connotations. However, as you know, MBTI IJ types are perceiving dominant while socionics Ip types are perceiving dominant. While people understand the similarity in irrationality on a letter basis, when you actually write INTP everyone is going to think of socionics INTj because the IEs/Functions take precedence over the actual letters. If you wanted to remain consistent you should just use INTp. This way, people know you are talking about an Ni dominant and an irrational (p) type.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

This is correct but the use of MBTI notation is misleading.
    As preferences in MBT are correct and are compatible with Socionics/Jung dichotomies wich have similar concepts (Socionics uses just wider concept of E/I wich doesn't controvert to MBT or Jung), as types are same Jung's ones in MBT and Socionics, - then it's acceptable and not misleading. While this is better as most people know MBT notations, but have no idea about ones used in Socionics. So the misleading is categorically reject using of MBT notations for Socionics/Jung types. And in the situation wich needs popularization of Socionics this is not good.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

my computer is taking a nose dive and it freezes when I watch youtube. I'm planning on getting a new one by the end of this coming week. Would you please post photos instead? thank you
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a podcast Vektykun and I do. This should give you a little bit better understanding of us since we're acting like ourselves.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imVpDn859rI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwm6vetNgXE