Default Possibility of the XXXx

Is it possible, discuss....

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

what do you mean?

Creepy-male

A type who has no function preferred above the other for their leading function... they are equal with respect to all functions.... they valued Se as much as Ne, Ni, Ti, Te, Si, Fe, and Fi

Creepy-male

Not within Socionics, no, since the model does not work on gradients, axes, or spectra, but discrete elements.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've wondered this too. There doesn't seem to be anything preventing it from being the case, does there? My excuse (and I'm aware that this is a solution to a problem within a model rather than a claim that has a lot of evidence support from real life) is that people specialize in certain functions over the course of early childhood, and that one could not possibly survive childhood without some degree of specialization. Like, it's too difficult to hold these mutually contradictory models in tension and grow in all of them equally. But you have to grow in a few of them in order to be skilled enough at much of anything to accomplish your goals or at least your communication goals when you get older.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's probably not within the range of the human genome.

For a while I thought that crisis-oriented, confident, deeply determined people might be such, but they actually do have a type that becomes apparent in the character of the organizations which they lead. The thing about that group though, is that they tend to have a lot of humility and are willing to listen to many, many points of view. They don't really have a sense of where things are headed, but they can distill such an understanding from the opinions of many people. Presidents often collect "brain trusts" around themselves for this purpose: they don't buy into any one expert's point of view, but try to distill the real situation by gauging the relative probabilities of each proposition, until an image become apparent of the most probable scenario. But they aren't demonstrating function proficiency by such evaluation, just being very humble and acknowledging that they can't figure everything out by themselves.

I have heard that AI researchers are trying to create such an intelligence however using computer technology. It's kinda scary actually, because the intention is apparently to create a kind of artificial god to watch over and advise mankind.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A person could come out that way on a test but either the person has extremely poor self-awareness or the test really sucks or both.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only people without any possible means of information input or output.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    A type who has no function preferred above the other for their leading function... they are equal with respect to all functions....
    never met one.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually there is a possibility that DID sufferers are XXXxs, because the type change would entail with it both a transformation of identity and an inability to make sense of information that is obvious to another type. Type acts as a decoder, hence one type cannot "read" information produced by another type.

By the way, the reason type exists, is due to repression. Each of the alternative types is associated with something negative that one must suppress to avoid having negative thoughts. However the negativity itself is due to the functions having the attributes and qualities of their native positions. Type is simultaneously a dynamic and static condition.

I think what happens in the case of a DID person, is that a weaker function attains the mastery, but still has the attributes of its respective position.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No, not if it's genetic, and no, unless you don't exist.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Here's an idea; god, triviality.....arghhh

If you have someone born of a morphologic type to one type; like an ESFj who looks like an ESFj, but is somehow mentally impared, then you could have a morphologic ESFj that doesn't prefer any functions, because functions are the process of the brain, the absense/damage to a part of a primary processor/locator in the brain could cause the brain to circuit information, but that would result in the person being mentally handicaped.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    It is a model which you either accept or not, for me and other people and socionists it makes sense, if you want to talk about it you have to comply to the theory.

Please don't ask such cretinous questions again, if you really think that XXXx is possible, then put it into "alternative theories" or ask about different models.
    lol listen to yourself... you sound like a fanatic. YOU MUST COMPLY TO THEORY... there is no reasoning required. YOU ARE EITHER WITH THE MODEL OR AGAINST IT!!!! AHH!!!!! CRETINE!!!!!

Asking questions IST VERBODEN!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU MUST ACCEPT OR DENY THE ALLEGATIONS PUT BEFORE YOU ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT QUESTION!!!!!!!!!

lol get real. By the way I don't suffer from cretinism (cretinism - definition of cretinism by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.)... I'm actually 6'4'' and have a very healthy thyroid, thank you very much. How about you just give your opinion on the topic and go jack off a donkey. I'm just taking a poll of ideas/opinions here, and I don't need to be personally attacked because a question makes you insecure. Fucking weak piece of shit.

In Socionics it is not possible by definition.
    Thank you for your opinion.... come again. This would suffice next time.

Creepy-cinq

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    lol listen to yourself... you sound like a fanatic. YOU MUST COMPLY TO THEORY... there is no reasoning required. YOU ARE EITHER WITH THE MODEL OR AGAINST IT!!!! AHH!!!!! CRETINE!!!!!

Asking questions IST VERBODEN!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU MUST ACCEPT OR DENY THE ALLEGATIONS PUT BEFORE YOU ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT QUESTION!!!!!!!!!

lol get real. By the way I don't suffer from cretinism (cretinism - definition of cretinism by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.)... I'm actually 6'4'' and have a very healthy thyroid, thank you very much. How about you just give your opinion on the topic and go jack off a donkey. I'm just taking a poll of ideas/opinions here, and I don't need to be personally attacked because a question makes you insecure. Fucking weak piece of shit.

Thank you for your opinion.... come again. This would suffice next time.
    LOL!!

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-male

your insinuation is dumb.
    Lol, and how did I insinuate anything... I only asked if you think its possible. Insinuating would be me suggesting that XXXx can exist, which frankly I'm not... I'd like to keep my thoughts on this issue private, but I'm curious about what other people think. How is this so horrible? It's like I'm getting viciously attacked and my intelligence is being verbally assualted just by merely asking a question.... and by the way.....

There's no fanaticism involved, but your stupidity and obstructionism.
    That's where I see the fanaticism. Fanatics hold viewpoints so rigid that merely questioning these viewpoint is seen in a negative light. I don't understand the need for retaliation here on your part, since when did asking a question ever hurt anyone? You ask a question, you get an answer back... it's usually the answer that is the part to pay attention to. I'm keeping my answer private, solely for the purpose of preserving harmony between me and other people.

If you don't believe the Earth is round, you can't talk astronomy, dumb ass.
    lol you had too....

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.nasa.gov/worldbook/earth_worldbook.html
    Earth, however, is not perfectly round. Earth's spin causes it to bulge slightly at its middle, the equator. The diameter of Earth from North Pole to South Pole is 7,899.83 miles (12,713.54 kilometers), but through the equator it is 7,926.41 miles (12,756.32 kilometers). This difference, 26.58 miles (42.78 kilometers), is only 1/298 the diameter of Earth. The difference is too tiny to be easily seen in pictures of Earth from space, so the planet appears round.

Earth's bulge also makes the circumference of Earth larger around the equator than around the poles. The circumference around the equator is 24,901.55 miles (40,075.16 kilometers), but around the poles it is only 24,859.82 miles (40,008.00 kilometers). The circumference is actually greatest just south of the equator, so Earth is slightly pear-shaped. Earth also has mountains and valleys, but these features are tiny compared to the total size of Earth, so the planet appears smooth from space.
    If your were talking astrodynamics... a part of astronomy... you'd be incorrect in assuming the earth was perfectly round. Of course a round earth model is useful, but sometimes a more accurate model is required if you wish to say accurately track the trajectories of objects in the earth's gravitational field.

Now would you like to continue to talk astronomy? I actually find this topic fascinating.

Oh and who is the dumb ass now?

you just refuse to acknowledge things.
    Umm once again I just asked a question.... I didn't acknowledge or unacknowledge anything so far.

you come with the same shit over and over again
    don't know what you're talking about honestly, maybe you could be more specific?

don't you get why you're so bothering? What is your actual problem
    Wow, way to be vicious... this is exactly WHY I don't have a problem being bothering to you... you're just feeding this energy into me. If you'd stop the unnecessary personal attacks such as "dumb ass, implying everyone finds me bothering, I have some problem/am disfunctional/broken, I make dumb contributions, I make worthless contributions".... well then I'd be very kind to sit down and listen to your ideas civilly whether I agree or disagree with them.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Actually there is a possibility that DID sufferers are XXXxs, because the type change would entail with it both a transformation of identity and an inability to make sense of information that is obvious to another type. Type acts as a decoder, hence one type cannot "read" information produced by another type.

By the way, the reason type exists, is due to repression. Each of the alternative types is associated with something negative that one must suppress to avoid having negative thoughts. However the negativity itself is due to the functions having the attributes and qualities of their native positions. Type is simultaneously a dynamic and static condition.

I think what happens in the case of a DID person, is that a weaker function attains the mastery, but still has the attributes of its respective position.
    I've had these exact same thoughts. This would especially be the case for someone similar enough to Sybil. But I would say it is definitely not a healthy state. I would even be bold to say that those who don't feel they fit into a type cleanly have some DID symptoms that can be on a scale say from ~mild to ~moderate to ~severe.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper
    blather
    Behold, Xerxes! Behold what you have wrought!!

Actually, I think Piper is a troll.

@Divided: ah I think the people who think they don't have a type do so as a factor of tendency to assume that unlimited self-willed personal change is possible, that the mind's function is completely plastic, etc.

Basically, people who assume too much.

DID people believe they have a type... in fact, they would prefer that they acted like their "preferred" type more often.

Creepy-male

you despicable maggot
    I am probably the first to tell you that you that you're creepy.
    Don't make your creepy fantasies anyone's problem.
    Please shut the fuck up
    you fucking retard
    You're fucked-up and living in an illusory intellectual superiority.
    It's currently obvious who's the dumb-ass
    the same idiotic question
    Then address a special agency which deals with your disability.
    from....

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz
    Possibility of the XXXx
    Is it possible, discuss....
    *walks away calmly*

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    @Divided: ah I think the people who think they don't have a type do so as a factor of tendency to assume that unlimited self-willed personal change is possible, that the mind's function is completely plastic, etc.

Basically, people who assume too much.

DID people believe they have a type... in fact, they would prefer that they acted like their "preferred" type more often.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not an expert on DID, but wouldn't it be hard for a person with DID to separate themselves into a particular type that feels true to their inherent selves without the help of someone knowledgeable on the theory as well as DID to help them sort things out?

Creepy-cinq

It's disappointing the thread is reduced to this, really. I was thinking about my response at work during the day and had plans to post something when I returned from work.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Pied Piper, you should calm down. You're going way overboard here.

You may be correct to say that this thread would be better off in the Alternative Socionics Theories section on the grounds that with Model A, there is an assumption that each individual is stronger at some functions than others, but it is a bit of a grey area to say this thread topic definitely cannot address some aspect of Model A theory.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cinq View Post
    It's disappointing the thread is reduced to this, really. I was thinking about my response at work during the day and had plans to post something when I returned from work.
    Why would that stop you? Just because they are having an argument doesn't mean other people won't come in and give you a constructive discussion on what you are thinking. Just do it!

Don't make Buttercup unhappy

Creepy-cinq

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    Why would that stop you? Just because they are having an argument doesn't mean other people won't come in and give you a constructive discussion on what you are thinking. Just do it!

Don't make Buttercup unhappy
    Why? Cause I'm mad, really mad Buttercup. It's the same 'ole shit, day after day.

Creepy-male

*Bubbleshugs*

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The issue is in the context of his passive-aggressive bloat threads. This is one is useless and part of the same series of denial, if you prefer him playing with the users I have no further claim.
    I find unfortunate that you treat us equally in the matter - where this thread is not an isolated case -, giving satisfaction to this monkey. I assume that this forum gets what it deserves, hence my reluctance (probably others', too) to write about more serious things and having to call people on e-mail lately. It disgusts me to see that crap is treated with the same respect as constructive things.
    There are two issues here - the issue regarding you is that you have been acting disproportionately in this thread. If you had an issue with HaveLucidDreamz, your approach was not an ideal way of attempting to resolve the situation.

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do I smell a real live flame war about to erupt to christen our new forum dedicated specifically to "flamming"?

Stan is not my real name.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I currently favor viewing psychological type as something developed in the brain, which would support the view that everyone starts out XXXx and develops a type. However, remaining XXXx would involve working all eight functions equally, which is... rather hard. XXXx is, under this interpretation, an unstable equilibrium - a negative state that it is very easy to get out of.

Didn't Augusta also consider psychological type a necessary adaptation rather than something technically impossible to avoid? IIRC, she even allowed for less-developed (but still functional) people not yet having a type.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-male

You know the pita kind of reminds me of the tortilla, except the pita is usually associated with greek food, while the tortilla is usually associated with mexican food. I also tend to like corn tortillas more than flour, and of course I enjoy pita bread from time to time.

/waits for backlash from community

Creepy-bg

pita bread is tasty. gyros are definately one of God's foods.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default how about pita chips

Creepy-male

Hmmm Pita Chips look good, I'd be willing to try them... but to be honest part of the attraction of pita bread for me has always been its puffy texture... its like a pillowy soft disk of warm bread.

I tried these wasabi crackers one time, and they were pretty good... but I was playing this game and on the mic I was like "mmm wasabi crackers" and someone was like "ewwwwww" lol... I still liked the crackers though.

Wasabi is crazy though... I don't even know what's in that stuff but it makes your nostrils stimulated as fuck.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not an expert on DID, but wouldn't it be hard for a person with DID to separate themselves into a particular type that feels true to their inherent selves without the help of someone knowledgeable on the theory as well as DID to help them sort things out?
    No, because they blackout when their personality changes.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    I currently favor viewing psychological type as something developed in the brain, which would support the view that everyone starts out XXXx and develops a type. However, remaining XXXx would involve working all eight functions equally, which is... rather hard. XXXx is, under this interpretation, an unstable equilibrium - a negative state that it is very easy to get out of.

Didn't Augusta also consider psychological type a necessary adaptation rather than something technically impossible to avoid? IIRC, she even allowed for less-developed (but still functional) people not yet having a type.
    Cite please.

Creepy-male

Oh I should say for the record Pinnochio, you're not really a quote "fucking weak piece of shit"... that was rather harsh, I think that was a bit like a dagger in the back. Just for the record.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    pita chips
    hehe stacy's simply naked

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast