View Poll Results: Who do you find easier to type?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Older people

2 22.22%
  • Younger people

3 33.33%
  • depends on the person

4 44.44%
  • all equal

0 0%

Thread: Older vs Younger

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Older vs. Younger

Do you find older people harder to type than younger people or vice versa? Vote in the poll and feel free to explain.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my opinion on the matter: it depends on the individual. However, it also depends on the person's relationships as to how much they act like their type.

My theory is that the more dualized you are, and for longer, the more you act like yourself AND YOUR DUAL. So for instance, a dual pair may be the easiest to type of all. And a pair that's been together for 30 years may be easier than a pair that's been together for 2 years.

If you're not dualized, you *may* seem different than your actual type due to behaviors you've learned that make an inter-quadra marriage work, for instance.

All things being equal though, I think older people are easier to type because they've generally made peace with who they are and aren't reluctant to just be who they are.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read somewhere that older people are harder to type than younger ones because you usually get more balanced in your personality when you grow old. I'm not sure if it's right, but it makes sense to me.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    I've read somewhere that older people are harder to type than younger ones because you usually get more balanced in your personality when you grow old. I'm not sure if it's right, but it makes sense to me.
    oh! Interesting.

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think as people get older they learn to appreciate devalued IE's more. The younger people are, the more they take a "whatever" approach to their weaknesses and the things they don't appreciate, but as they live life and it becomes more obvious how these things are limiting them, they start to think "hmm... maybe I really am missing out on something."

Of course, the opposite probably happens with some people. Over time, their successes and failures solidify their sense of "who they are" and their personality becomes more sharply defined. But I'd guess the first trend is more common.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It feels to me like people get more like themselves as they get older and are less influenced by trends, so I vote that older people are easier to type.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know. BTW, I find "rural people" easier to type than "urban people". Perhaps it doesn't make sense to you, but people who live in big cities are more "balanced" whereas red necks are addicted to their ego functions because they don't develop their weak points IMO.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Kids between 8-13 yrs of age.

TIM
    infecting u with Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got the impression younger people tend to have more externally noticeable stereotypical behaviors (that might or not help with distant typing) but older people are easier to type through proper dialog because they tend to know who they are and acknowledge their weaknesses more readily (whereas younger persons tend to think they are invincible or that their skills are infinite)

A teenager might say "no way I'm any of these 16 squares, I'm better than that", and adult might say "ok I have to admit I'm not perfect, but there are things where I'm more skilled than the average person, and areas where I'm not good at"...
    "Everyone carries a shadow, and the less it is embodied in the individual’s conscious life, the blacker and denser it is.
    At all counts, it forms an unconscious snag, thwarting our most well-meant intentions."

C. G. Jung

-----
    Know your body, know your mind, know your limits.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    I don't know. BTW, I find "rural people" easier to type than "urban people". Perhaps it doesn't make sense to you, but people who live in big cities are more "balanced" whereas red necks are addicted to their ego functions because they don't develop their weak points IMO.
    lol
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.