TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Dominance and Assertiveness Tests

Dominance Test

Are you a hungry power-seeker? Do you need to be in control? Do you thrive on high status and take pleasure in looking down at people? The desire for power has a significant effect not only on our career choices, but also on our behavior. An obsession with power can corrupt us, as the old saying goes, but a lack of influence can leave us open to being taken advantage of. The reasons we pursue power and the manner in which we wield it are what separates the tyrants from the true leaders.
    This dominance test is made up of two types of questions: scenarios and self-assessment. For each scenario, answer according to how you would most likely behave in a similar situation. For the self-assessment questions, indicate the degree to which the given statements apply to you. In order to receive the most accurate results, please answer each question as honestly as possible.

Assertiveness Test

Are you a human doormat? Do you say "yes" when you mean "no"? Do you keep your opinions to yourself for fear of upsetting or starting an argument with others? Find out if you stand up for yourself as much as you should with this test.
    Assertiveness is the ability to formulate and communicate one's own thoughts, opinions and wishes in a clear, direct and non-aggressive way. This test determines whether a lack of assertiveness skills may be keeping you from fulfilling your potential and reaching your goals. Please examine the following statements and indicate how often or to what degree you agree with the statement.
    After finishing the test, you will receive a Snapshot Report with an introduction, a graph and a personalized interpretation for one of your test scores. You will then have the option to purchase the full results.

Post your results!
    Last edited by Hope; 07-26-2017 at 06:12 PM.
    "All nations will place their hope in him."
    (Mt 12:21)

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Snapshot Report

Dominance

Your responses indicate that you have little desire for control. You seem to be content letting others take charge and make all the decisions. Although there's nothing wrong with taking a back seat every once in a while, letting others take control too often leaves you open to being taken advantage of. It is important that you assert yourself when necessary and realize that being in command of a situation won't make you a control freak. As long as you're willing to hear others out and be open to their opinions, there's nothing wrong with taking the lead sometimes. Remember that wielding power effectively requires the ability and willingness to take control when necessary. By working on your self-confidence and assertiveness, you'll be more at ease when taking control of a situation.

Snapshot Report

Ability to speak for self

You seldom hesitate to address the issues that concern you the most. Whether it's noisy neighbors or perhaps a raise you feel you deserve, you'll immediately bring it to attention. You express yourself quite freely, asserting your personal rights with the confidence that your request is reasonable. As a typically self-assured individual, you are fairly comfortable with letting others know you disagree with them, especially when you feel you're being treated poorly. This approach shows that you feel you deserve respect, and want others to treat you this way.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Results are in
    Snapshot Report
    Dominance
    Your responses indicate that you have little desire for control. You seem to be content letting others take charge and make all the decisions. Although there's nothing wrong with taking a back seat every once in a while, letting others take control too often leaves you open to being taken advantage of. It is important that you assert yourself when necessary and realize that being in command of a situation won't make you a control freak. As long as you're willing to hear others out and be open to their opinions, there's nothing wrong with taking the lead sometimes. Remember that wielding power effectively requires the ability and willingness to take control when necessary. By working on your self-confidence and assertiveness, you'll be more at ease when taking control of a situation.
    Snapshot Report
    There are times when you'll hesitate to address the issues that concern you the most. Whether it's noisy neighbors or perhaps a raise you feel you deserve, you'll be reluctant to bring it to attention. Those times when you are feeling self-assured, you are somewhat comfortable letting others know you disagree with them, especially when you feel you're being treated poorly. Keep in mind however, that if you act like you deserve respect, others will treat you accordingly.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snapshot Report
    Dominance
    Your responses indicate that you have an extremely dominant personality. You are very comfortable taking charge and making all the decisions. Although there's nothing wrong with sitting in the driver's seat every once in a while, taking control all the time can leave others feeling frustrated. It isn't fair to take a charge of a situation without being open to the opinions of others. Remember that wielding power effectively requires the willingness to take control when necessary, but it also depends upon trusting others to take the lead sometimes. Don't be afraid to let go of the reins!

You rarely hesitate to address the issues that concern you the most. Whether it's noisy neighbors or perhaps a raise you feel you deserve, you'll immediately bring it to attention. You express yourself freely, asserting your personal rights with the confidence that your request is reasonable. As a self-assured individual, you are comfortable with letting others know you disagree with them, especially when you feel you're being treated poorly. This approach shows that you feel you deserve respect and expect others to treat you this way.

These always seem too simple and straightforward, even if the point is just to get people to talk. If people overwhelmingly score significantly higher on Assertiveness than Dominance, I'm going to assume that's because the Dominance test has too many silly-sounding Nietszche-esque answers. (I mean, people think like that, they just don't tend to word it that way because it sounds comical. You might as well have the Assertiveness test have questions like "people would use me to release various tensions if I ended up in prison", followed by "I'm too much of a wuss to do anything to end up in prison anyways".)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Dominance: 39
    Assertiveness: 56
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

dominance - 28
    i'm not fond of the description, it assumes that a lack of desire for control correlates with a desire to be led. i just want to do my own thing.

assertive - 50
    this test was slightly better but i found the questions about "standing up" for oneself in situations where there's a disagreement concerning what we should get for lunch, slightly weird. if we have enough time then why can't we just go our separate ways, buy the food we want to eat, and then come back home and eat it together? if i want to go snowboarding but my friend wants to go hiking then why can't we do both on different days? we're hanging out because i think you're cool and fun, what we do is of little important to me, unless you want to murder me. there's so much room for compromise in everyday life. numerous times i've been labeled a doormat for opting out of petty conflict, or conceding in debates that don't matter, but oh i disagree.
    Last edited by wasp; 07-26-2017 at 12:13 AM.

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    dominance - 28
    i'm not fond of the description, it assumes that a lack of desire for control correlates with a desire to be led. i just want to do my own thing.

assertive - 50
    I think that lack of dominance means not wanting to dominate everybody else or taking leadership more than being easily dominated/led. As you, its not like I accept or do what others say just like that, its pretty much the opposite.

However, in social environments I prefer others leading (taking the organization) because leading means taking more responsibility and work, and being 1DFe I'm not really interested in social stuff most of the times, so if someone else want to lead, for me its ok.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    I think that lack of dominance means not wanting to dominate everybody else or taking leadership more than being easily dominated/led. As you, its not like I accept or do what others say just like that, its pretty much the opposite. However, in social environments I prefer others leading (taking the organization) because leading means taking more responsibility and work, and being 1DFe I'm not really interested in social stuff most of the times, so if someone else want to lead, for me its ok.
    word up slugabed. that's a better way of putting it. more often than not i find myself shrugging my shoulders like "sure why not?"

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Much of this stuff doesn't even apply to how I live my life. I would say I am more opinionated around people I know well and assert myself more with them but in rare situations I can be that way with strangers but it would be something important. My natural state is just do what I have to do and get out of a situation so I can do what I would rather be doing. I am pretty chill but I stand up for myself when I need to. I am more likely to stand up for someone I care about than myself though. People I don't know well I just deal with in the best way I can in the moment.

The dominance quiz asked questions about stuff I could care less about taking charge of. I would never feel bad about someone I care about achievements even if I had a bit of jealousy. I would be happy for them because I care about them. I am pretty competitive and always have been but I'm not a bitch about it, usually.

I wouldn't even be planning a weekend getaway with a group of people. I have a sister who does that and it blows my mind that she can organize a group of 20 people and get them all on the same page for a weekend getaway. I have been to group get togethers that revolve around a certain activity but I would not want any of the responsibility of planning or running it by myself. A lot of the questions that would have led to a higher scores are things I think of control freaks having to do. Like an ESI aunt with a 2 in her tritype would probably have scored high on both of these tests but a lot of people disliked her for it. She could seem sweet and helpful until you didn't go along with her program then that quickly turned to anger and she just took over control, in my family and her job, whether we liked it or not. Not saying this is an ESI thing at all. Just an example I thought of.

Edit: I just noticed @Wyrd's results. I am not talking about you when I mention control freaks. I saw you scored really high after my post. I had a particular person (s) in mind.:/

Snapshot Report
    Dominance

Snapshot Report
    There are times when you'll hesitate to address the issues that concern you the most. Whether it's noisy neighbors or perhaps a raise you feel you deserve, you'll be reluctant to bring it to attention. Those times when you are feeling self-assured, you are somewhat comfortable letting others know you disagree with them, especially when you feel you're being treated poorly. Keep in mind however, that if you act like you deserve respect, others will treat you accordingly.

Edit: When we were kids my family/friends were those noisy neighbors.
    Last edited by Aylen; 07-26-2017 at 01:18 AM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen
    Edit: I just noticed @Wyrd's results. I am not talking about you when I mention control freaks. I saw you scored really high after my post. I had a particular person (s) in mind.:/

Yeah, I know. I think the really wacko people would score nearly 100% on Dominance even with the answers that sound like parody since I actually answered moderate and even low on a lot of the questions, both desire and situational, and also didn't answer super high on all the Assertiveness ones (is this quiz curved due to being taken by Internet geeks?).

I mean, if you really want people to do things, sometimes you should be polite (the whole North Wind and the Sun thing), and a lot of the things to control really just don't matter (like the lunch thing). On the Situational ones, most of the answers actually were asking people to do things and the "high" answers were fairly often just bully answers that would backfire in one way or another if you actually used them ("Get your work done by the end of the day or else!" anyone?), which makes me wonder if the people making this have actually lead anything before, or if they're just primarily looking for bullies and Dark Triad whatever people so they're not really looking for that. The test seemed to be conflating different motives and types of "Dominance" and "Assertiveness" even without trying to measure health or effectiveness.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it whenever this thread gets bumped. It's like DOMINANCE AND ASSERTIVENESS... with all the normal and lowercase titles above and below it.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

76 dominance

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Overall I think being less reactive is better way to go about.
    For example noisy neighbour: is it constant or just incidence? How long?

This becomes bit different if you have some sort responsibility and in cases like that I'd get more points.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    I like it whenever this thread gets bumped. It's like DOMINANCE AND ASSERTIVENESS... with all the normal and lowercase titles above and below it.

ROFL
    Last edited by Hope; 11-02-2020 at 03:21 AM.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    ROFL

Sorry, its my sx/sp 1DFe and Te maybe, I always do the same thing because I don't put enough attention to how the rest of the titles are out there, then I want stuff like being clear enough, so bump.

My dad LSE do the same thing, like writing stuff just with uppercase because Te and yolo
    It's funny with the title DOMINANCE AND ASSERTIVENESS TESTS though, because it's DOMINATING AND ASSERTING over the other titles.

I know some people who actually just use caps/small caps in handwriting instead of caps/lowercase. Are you one of those people?
    Last edited by Pallas; 08-05-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

my dad (LSE) is one of those all caps people

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    It's funny with the title DOMINANCE AND ASSERTIVENESS TEST though, because it's DOMINATING AND ASSERTING over the other titles.

I know some people who actually just use caps/small caps in handwriting instead of caps/lowercase. Are you one of those people?

WHAT?! NO I'M NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    my dad (LSE) is one of those all caps people

MINE TOO.
    Last edited by Hope; 08-08-2017 at 04:58 PM.
    "All nations will place their hope in him."
    (Mt 12:21)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

im more like zero punctuation all lower case with the occasional smiley

probably daddy issues

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

me too thanks

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I write properly. But my handwriting is messy.

We should do a thread of handwritings and types and post ours.

It'd be interesting.

Also we can wait for a random graphologist to appear and make an analysis of our handwritings.

I've always wanted one of those graphological analysis.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

44/42

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dominance 60
    Assertiveness 70
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vespertine View Post
    Dominance: 11
    Your responses indicate that you have very little desire for control. You seem to be perfectly content letting others take charge and make all the decisions. Although there's nothing wrong with taking a back seat every once in a while, consistently letting others take control leaves you open to being taken advantage of. It is important that you assert yourself when necessary and realize that being in command of a situation won't make you a control freak. As long as you're willing to be open to their opinions, there's nothing wrong with taking the lead sometimes. Remember that wielding power effectively requires the ability and willingness to take control when necessary. By working on your self-confidence and assertiveness, you'll be more at ease when taking control of a situation.

: 12
    You rarely address the issues that concern you the most. Whether it's noisy neighbors or perhaps a raise you feel you deserve, you wait for someone else to bring it up. When someone treats you poorly, you hesitate to speak openly. Letting people know you disagree with them is difficult since you lack self-assurance. However, if you act like you deserve respect others will treat you accordingly.
    is ok, I'll speak for you. touch Vespertine and I'll mail a box of black licorice to your door

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Accuse me of making everything super gay, maybe @Vespertine and @Wyrd should become a yin-yang couple? As it is said, "Love is mutual teaching". I'd support this

Now for my results, was I the only one that found the introductions to the tests a bit weird? The questions were ok, I found it interesting, and I identify with the outcome.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Dominance 59

Your responses indicate that you have an assertive personality. You are generally comfortable taking charge and making some of the decisions. Although there's nothing wrong with taking a back seat every once in a while, letting others take control too often can leave you open to being taken advantage of. However, this doesn't seem to be a problem for you. As long as you're willing to be open to their opinions, there's nothing wrong with taking the lead sometimes. Remember that wielding power effectively requires the willingness to take control when necessary, as well as trusting others to take the lead sometimes.

Assertiveness 88

You rarely hesitate to address the issues that concern you the most. Whether it's noisy neighbors or perhaps a raise you feel you deserve, you'll immediately bring it to attention. You express yourself freely, asserting your personal rights with the confidence that your request is reasonable. As a self-assured individual, you are comfortable with letting others know you disagree with them, especially when you feel you're being treated poorly. This approach shows that you feel you deserve respect and expect others to treat you this way.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snapshot Report
    Dominance

Your responses indicate that you have an assertive personality. You are generally comfortable taking charge and making some of the decisions. Although there's nothing wrong with taking a back seat every once in a while, letting others take control too often can leave you open to being taken advantage of. However, this doesn't seem to be a problem for you. As long as you're willing to be open to their opinions, there's nothing wrong with taking the lead sometimes. Remember that wielding power effectively requires the willingness to take control when necessary, as well as trusting others to take the lead sometimes.

Snapshot Report

You seldom hesitate to address the issues that concern you the most. Whether it's noisy neighbors or perhaps a raise you feel you deserve, you'll immediately bring it to attention. You express yourself quite freely, asserting your personal rights with the confidence that your request is reasonable. As a typically self-assured individual, you are fairly comfortable with letting others know you disagree with them, especially when you feel you're being treated poorly. This approach shows that you feel you deserve respect, and want others to treat you this way.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

62 Dominance
    64 Assertiveness

TIM
    ILE-Ti 6w7 683 so/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

77% Dominance
    92% Assertiveness

And I'm not even valuing!
    cp6w7-3w2-8w7 sx/so ILE--D

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Want to point out the obvious but critical fact that how dominant/assertive you act can be greatly affected by who is in your vicinity. Any adult can be assertive towards a bunch of dumb 12 year olds who live with their moms, but not everyone can tell a gruff muscular biker with tattoes to go fuck themselves from across the store for stealing skittles out of their shopping cart.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Want to point out the obvious but critical fact that how dominant/assertive you act can be greatly affected by who is in your vicinity. Any adult can be assertive towards a bunch of dumb 12 year olds who live with their moms, but not everyone can tell a gruff muscular biker with tattoes to go fuck themselves from across the store for stealing skittles out of their shopping cart.
    I would rather tell off a biker than complain or send back food in a restaurant.

"Hey give me back my skittles! please"

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

62% Dominance
    94% Assertiveness

Hmm, interesting.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Well this is why when taking these tests, you have to think about how you behave in general.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low scores (< 30) in both tests. I think that dominance and assertiveness are in some ways relatable to Se (for the latter I guess that any Extravert would get a high score). Useless to say that those are not some of my strongest IEs.
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1567 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Dominance