Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Are Fe types usually louder?

I've noticed that most Fe types I know talk at very high volume in comparation to Fi types in normal conversations.

Thoughts and experiences are welcome.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

My IEE friend is unaware of volume. It's not about speaking loudly for emphasis so much as just not having a good sense for how loudly she's speaking. It's gotten a little better as she's gotten older but I've had to shush her for talking about very sensitive subjects at a medium to high volume in public so many times.

My IEI friend is comically quiet. Sometimes he whispers. And then I start whispering. And then I'm like "wait, why are we whispering?"

If I had to attribute it to anything itd be more social extroversion/introversion.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have often been told that I need to speak louder. Sometimes a person will get annoyed at me, as if I'm willfully making things hard, as in a "I *still* can't hear you..."

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

in average:

F-E > F-I
    Fe, I > Fi, I
    Fi, E ~= Fe, E

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@lemontrees you are right, SEIs dont raise their voice, thats true. But all the rest Fe I know do it.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

sol is right, there are offsets, but Fe base extroverts are crazy loud (but its not mere volume, its loudness in a weird way, whereas Fi types talked in "hushed" tones, but IEI will literally whisper), so too often is Fe mobilizing

the "loudness" comes from Fe + Se (some combination of 4d + 2d) but its a weird distinct kind of loud that isn't straight volume, although it often is

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

They just talk with high voice, but that doesn't mean they're loud.

Probably they're loud if seen by strangers

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well I'm actually confused between eie and iee in real life :/

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SEE is the loudest type in my view:

4D Se-lead and 4D Fe-demonstrative.

They need to learn how to slow down and shut up without a cock in their mouths.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The SEE i know wasn't that loud though :/ they just look like sluts (because they're hot and they love to look good) but they're noisy as well but not loud.

I'm actually thinking if two of my friends are eie or eii.. :/

I'm thinking it might be eii...because hmmm. :/ or eie???

Because.. Does eie have many friends? Because they both have lots of friends and it seems easy for them to talk with people. Yes. They're eie. Because they're too much concerned about me. Yes. Eie confirmed... Like they mostly ask questions About me rather than always talk about themselves. So basically it's Fe plus they're good social butterflies

So yeah. They have loud voices lol xD
    Like whenever I'm with them, like I have three eie real life friends, our voices are so fucking loud 🔊 lol we don't even realize it. Like we're so very close with each other yet we talk like we're so far away lol.

I think this applies with 7w8.. I also know type 9 who's got loud voice if she's too happy but serious mode, they're not loud. :/ nah. It's not enneagram related. So if the atmosphere is happy their voices are loud. Well mine too lol xD

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm a social introvert but I still can go from 0 to 100, in that most of the time I'm silent or speak calmly but when a topic comes up that I'm passionate about comes up I can speak boldly and more assertively or at least with more enthousiasm if it's not a rant (alot of the times it is a rant where my voice raises the most)

But the majority of the time I'm just uncaring and bored with everything going on, preferring to not get involved too quickly in any interactions, even with people I'm familiar with .. and so I don't really speak up at all or say anything.

One of the reasons actually for why I consider having 1D Ne is that I am not spontaneous with words and ideas and tend towards abstinence in speaking about things that aren't that relevant to me right now. I sometimes will have nothing to say for too long until somebody else gets my brain going with new content.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a first Tinder date with an EIE at a quiet-ish coffee shop. He walks up behind me and greets me with a big hug and proceeds to talk at a volume where everyone in the place could hear our entire awkward conversation. I was totally put on edge by it.... As an Fi dom Fe creeps me out.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember I was like 18 and the homie brought our other homie and like 3 hoes through the crib. They was chattering, like young hoes are wont to do. I didn't care though, I was watching the fights. But then my sis comes up and she's like *whispers* those girls are loud. And I'm like yup, hoes tho. I'll handle it. So I'm like, "Hey" and I stand up. And they look, and I say "Y'all need to shut the fuck up a little. On a scale of library to drunken elephant y'all are at wood chipper. I pat myself on the back. I regulate this here property. I watch the fights. Chael sonnen lays on some guy for 3 rounds. Then my sister comes out and whispers, Mom wants to talk to you.

So I'm like, sup. And she's like, "If you don't shut those bitches the fuck up I swear to God I'm going to shut them up myself " and I'm like no doubt.

So I go out there and I'm like, Hey my mother is a very deep sleeper, she can sleep through an earthquake. Y'all woke her up. You are louder than an earthquake, by like an objective measurement. Y'all need to go out on the porch. Also, let's take shots. Regulator.

And oooweee, Wanderlei Silva just put someone in a coma and I'm excited and mom yells out. Shut them the fuck up now. And I realize they're outside and oh damn if my mom can hear them that's going to wake up our neighbors.

So I stepped outside and I'm like, hey, are any of you girls trying to sleep with me, like right now? Because I gotta kick y'all out because you girls are just the absolute worst people I've ever met. And they're like, After the way you've been talking to us are you fucking kidd" and I yelled out REGULATORS because I knew where that was going. And I pointed at my friends and the one girl who looked like she was questioning whether she would and I said y'all can stay, but you and you can't. Y'all gotta leave before you get murdered. Also make them walk, they're wearing heels.

And so everyone left. One of the homies apologized to Moms, and I'm the hero of the story, pretty sure. It was cool.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not type related, some of the loudest people I know appear to fit the inaccurate stereotypes of ILE, LIE, IEE, LSE, LSI

That IEE in particular was so loud she would give me headaches. If IEEs are childlike, perhaps she was one of the bratty ones.
    Last edited by at sirac son of sirac; 02-02-2018 at 05:20 AM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    My IEE friend is unaware of volume. It's not about speaking loudly for emphasis so much as just not having a good sense for how loudly she's speaking. It's gotten a little better as she's gotten older but I've had to shush her for talking about very sensitive subjects at a medium to high volume in public so many times.
    I'm also like this.

Actually when I was younger I used to be just really loud. I pay a bit more attention now.

(I also don't think many subjects are that senstive, but well, w/e)

In general extroverts seem louder to me. An SLI-Te I know can also be really loud.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    this is interesting, my ESI sister is basically the only person to complain when I awkwardly rise my voice while talking about passionate matters... but in general normal people tell me the opposite, I'm often asked to repeat what I say because it was too quiet and people don't hear, then I'm like "nevermind". she even complains if I walk around the house using my whole feet because the heels produce a higher sound then the tips, but who walks on their toes?! I'm not a dancer... so IDK if this is because I feel more natural when my sis is around or just that she has some kind of weird ear problems, boh

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For me it depends, I regulate it how I need it. My voice is naturally low-pitched so not as audible as a clear one - sometimes I have to repeat myself often for others - so I'm amping it up regularly to claim my space. My singing voice is the same, not inherently loud to be heard (thank god, since I'm a mediocre singer). I'm around many rude adults that ignore/do not take me as a full member of their circle so of course I want to step up since I feel looked down upon. The less serious they take me, the more imperious I will get until their either flee or listen like they are supposed to. As for tone-policing thrown at me, I don't care much if it's a hater. I speak how I prefer unless somebody's sleeping in the other room. As for a general volume, eh... I'm not a screaming mess on a daily basis. Too busy with myself. I abhor group dynamics where you have a lot of chaotic voices overlapping, it's confusing and infuriating at the same time. Too much input. My brother and mom are constantly yelling at each other, I desperately want to distance myself from that, too. It's not good for my mental health at all. If I had to describe how loud I am and how loud I like others to be it's medium, conversational pitch with some spikes in volume.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup, it's funny 'cause my sister is the one to scream on a daily basis at people, out of anger... and she annoys the fuck out of me when she's in social situations and makes the fake high pitched flirty tone of voice, which sounds like a chicken. yet she complains of me if I'm excited over something and raise my voice... ah, people *ranting*

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

My ILI-Te dad talks way louder than I do, despite his obvious Fe-PoLR.

There are many other variable that I could see contributing to this, such as being Se-valuing, "social" instinct (so/sp the "voice over the land"), general degree of extraversion, enneagram types (e.g. 7s vs, 4s), upbringing and early feedback (did they get positive reactions to this?), and inborn traits and qualities (do they have a naturally loud voice?).

The whole concept of Fe=loudness & social showiness is a stereotypes that has circulated around this forum, on basis of which we have almost every talk show host and on-stage performer getting typed as EIE, but in reality it is much more complex than a single IE.

I did guess a while ago that our new roommate is going to be Te-LIE solely on basis of how she modulated her voice, which was no modulation at all, she would speak in a linear singular manner, and how loudly she spoke most of the time.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

loudness is one of those things that means different things to different people. if we're talking straight volume there may be some correlation to extroversion in general, but I believe the "Fe loudness" is a thing in how people talk that hits a weird part of the brain that goes to more than mere volume. in fact if "volume" is a Ti concept, Fi understands "loudness" in its own unique way and I would say it correlates strongly to Se and Fe because of how objective functions tend to expand to the limit (they are concerned less with precision and instead put a premium on getting the "job" done--they focus more on being on the right side of threshold areas than internal harmony). that expansion over time creates a pattern that is distinctly "loud" to me. emotions correlate to sound on some level and Fi Si is probably best in a position to perceive and place such relative positioning in such a way as to form a hierarchical understanding (consciously to the degree the functions are conscious) of intensity with Fe Se being limit cases on the whole

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kinda depends on your nurture, i think. If you come from 5 kid family, you probanly speak louder because of noise you grew up in. Also depends on your confidence in situation.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're outwardly expressive, depending on the circumstance they may or may not project themselves, but clearly they're more expressive relative to other types

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Fe expressiveness can mean loud, or it can mean packing a lot of punch into a whisper.

the HAY GUYZ!!~~ kinda thing I see as loosely type-related within context (ie I'd see it from a goofy 4D Fe type before a relaxed 1D Fe type) but its not like, what Fe is really about.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes in my experience they are loud but it's interesting that SLE and IEE are also loud but their loudness bothers me much less than the Fe type of loudness, I have to focus when a Fe type talks, to ignore their tone and accumulate the information in their words, and after an hour it becomes tiring

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Extroverts are generally louder than introverts, with excited ExFx people being the loudest on average.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The quietest person I know is a SLI, you have to ask them to repeat what they said twice because you didn't hear it, and think they hung up the phone while they didn't, just aren't talking

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Extroverts are generally louder than introverts, with excited ExFx people being the loudest on average.
    But SEEs aren't that loud, I think SLE is louder

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If loudness has to do with extraversion then why are some LSIs so loud while they're doing their "lecturing"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    But SEEs aren't that loud, I think SLE is louder
    Depends.

An excited SEE is gonna be louder than any SLE-Ti, for example.

An excited SLE-Se is more similar to an SEE, and might be louder, depending on circumstance.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

If loudness has to do with extraversion then why are some LSIs so loud while they're doing their "lecturing"
    If you are talking of Jordan Peterson, he is the extroverted subtype (ILI-Te imo) as well as Sx/So (or So/Sp according to some people).

Extroverted Contact subtype plus a more 'extroverted' stacking = louder tone of voice, apparently.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fe leads are the loudest

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE are the loudest

I have an ESE aunt. I already knew she was over at my grandma's before I even stepped foot in the building Also she has this way of becoming louder when other people are around and she secretly wants to prove a point to them without talking to them directly.

My voice heightens when I get passionate and/or emotional about something, I've noticed it and hardly have any control over it.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both ESE and SEE – ESFx – is the answer, I guess, because both have 4D + (leading + demonstrative or the other way round)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As a principle, I think about what purpose the loudness would have. SLE does not have 4D but for the sake of imposing their will they might scream and shout louder than ESE or EIE. Simply because the loudest might have the biggest impact. On top of that, lack of ethics could indicate lack of control over emotions. My LSI uncle is barking orders quite loud inappropriately, it is completely exaggerated simply because he has no other way of solving problems.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xLE and LxI are both valuing types. Either as mobilizing or dual-seeking function.
    -ego + valuing can be quite expressive. Weak valued need time and opportunity to grow mature.
    All weak valued extraverted functions of a person might be seen as immature by other people.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are talking of Jordan Peterson, he is the extroverted subtype (ILI-Te imo) as well as Sx/So (or So/Sp according to some people).

Extroverted Contact subtype plus a more 'extroverted' stacking = louder tone of voice, apparently.
    No I was talking about my father, I don't agree that all extraverts are loud or all introverts are quiet. I'm not loud. Also being the extraverted subtype doesn't sound like enough reasoning to me

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends.

An excited SEE is gonna be louder than any SLE-Ti, for example.
    You mean SEE-Se?

An excited SLE-Se is more similar to an SEE, and might be louder, depending on circumstance.
    You mean in your experience? I think gender also plays a role. I think in SEEs I know, the male are generally louder, but my experience with SLEs has been mostly with males, and they were all louder than the SEEs, even the male SEEs, but the SLE aunt I have is also very loud

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

You mean SEE-Se?
    Not exclusively, no. SEE-Fi can be louder sometimes, and SEE-Se less loud. It is to some extent situational. SEEs are adaptive and oscillate between the two modes. Because they don't value Fe, the contrast between those two states can be rather great. They are not on the "Fe high" all the time, like some other types try to be (mainly xLEs).

You mean in your experience? I think gender also plays a role. I think in SEEs I know, the male are generally louder, but my experience with SLEs has been mostly with males, and they were all louder than the SEEs, even the male SEEs, but the SLE aunt I have is also very loud
    In my experience, including the countless celebrities I have typed. ^^'

I haven't noticed any great gender disparity between male and female SEEs in terms of "loudness", but the females have actually been louder perhaps, on average. The female SEEs tend to use their Fe more than the males, could be gender roles related. (The stereotypical woman is xSFj, and SEE women often come across as ESFj-like as a consequence.) SEE males often try to come across as more serious or stoic at times in contrast, trying to fit into the gender role of the ISTx male. (I'd say SEEs are amongst the most gender-roles-conscious types in the Socion. Could be 3 fix and/or Se valuing related.)

And yes, SLEs can be very loud, but it depends. SO last SLEs can be surprisingly shy and withdrawn in social/group settings, especially if they are also Ti subtype.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Fe can feel more enthusiastic about something, and can talk louder when we are more excited. Sometimes people will say to me 'calm down and stop being such a fag' j/k they don't say that last part - but they will tell me to calm down. It's like you get hyper because you're temporarily passionate about what you are saying in the moment - and to me that's a better way to live than being a robot or whatever. Most of the time though, viewing myself objectively- I just really talk like debbie downer and I *deflate* the energy more than anything else. I sound really sad and negative but with a few times where I am really over the top positive and gay, like exactly you would expect of me based on my posts here. Fe feels almost like it has more sudden bursts of energy with high diurnal ranges, whereas Fi the energy output is more consistent.

TIM
    SLI E6 sp/so
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far I recall and ESE boss, EIE pre-school director, and SEE classmate. They were all pretty loud with a few differences: the ESE was (usually, unless flared up or handling some urgent stuff of course) somewhat more paused in her speech, and her voice tone was sort of "soothing/breathy"; the EIE spoke a bit faster and normally had a hint of urgency/stress in her tone, kind of like she was walking on a thread and talking while keeping balance (the kids she managed were perfectly content and learning quickly though, so it was really just that, a hint of stress - which is to be expected in her job, but thought it was a diff. worth noting since the ESE managed a whole branch of lubricants at a petrochemical company yet had a distinct demeanor).
    The way they used words was also different: the ESE was a bit more natural and casual in her choice of words, while the EIE was more formal and streamlined.
    The SEE normally did not take on leadership roles in group projects at school, but she sure as hell was heard in them as if she was lol; although most of the time you would hear her laughing, cracking jokes, or teasing people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast