Thread: The Power of Fi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Power of Fi

Throughout my life, I noticed that I have the ability to make people trust me with their innermost secrets, even after a week of meeting them. This has helped me with my self-growth, hearing from people the experiences they have gone through and understanding where they are coming from. Just be wary that with the power of Fi, there comes some responsibilities. I noticed that guy friends who have bared their soul with me and trusted me with their problems, and such, tend to like me romantically after wards.

Fi, being my base function, has helped me tremendously in many ways. It makes me fully aware of my feelings about myself, and how other people are feeling as well, and often why they feel that way. I can pinpoint exactly what is bothering 99% of the time having this high self-awareness. With this in mind, I then avoid the people who make me feel "uneasy."

The ability to give genuine compliments, see the good in others also is Fi. At work, I have encountered people who initially did not like me, after noticing what they do best and giving them genuine compliments (or gifts) at appropriate times, they end up liking me. There is always something good in each person. When this is brought out in the open and recognized, their heart soften and feelings change for the better.

For me, Fi is the ability to gain trust, ability to appreciate others, and the ability to understand the feelings of oneself and the feelings of others.

How has Fi helped you in ways?
    ESI (ISFJ)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it makes me feel good

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracefully View Post
    Throughout my life, I noticed that I have the ability to make people trust me with their innermost secrets, even after a week of meeting them. This has helped me with my self-growth, hearing from people the experiences they have gone through and understanding where they are coming from. Just be wary that with the power of Fi, there comes some responsibilities. I noticed that guy friends who have bared their soul with me and trusted me with their problems, and such, tend to like me romantically after wards.

Fi, being my base function, has helped me tremendously in many ways. It makes me fully aware of my feelings about myself, and how other people are feeling as well, and often why they feel that way. I can pinpoint exactly what is bothering 99% of the time having this high self-awareness. With this in mind, I then avoid the people who make me feel "uneasy."

The ability to give genuine compliments, see the good in others also is Fi.
    This is why I get so emotional when people don't see the real me and see what they perceive as a person in their own imagination, who can often be that person who left a scar in them. There are a lot of hurt people who can't get past their past issues and see every new person as a new and unique experience.

At work, I have encountered people who initially did not like me, after noticing what they do best and giving them genuine compliments (or gifts) at appropriate times, they end up liking me. There is always something good in each person. When this is brought out in the open and recognized, their heart soften and feelings change for the better.
    I often see those in people who don't see it in themselve.

For me, Fi is the ability to gain trust, ability to appreciate others, and the ability to understand the feelings of oneself and the feelings of others.

Me too, I really can do this with ease. It's because people can trust me. Gaining and keeping trust is very important to me; it's all apart of Fi and proper maintanance of relationships.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-10-2010 at 07:32 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    it makes me feel good
    damn straight
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- can make you loose your friends in any second.
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Actually will cause us to hold onto friendship way past all that may have forsaken them.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    If you avoid what you can't understand, you will never understand. It makes me think you aren't as accepting and skilled at getting people as you like to say.
    You assume that what makes one uneasy is only the unknown. Sometimes, it is the person you understand the best that makes you feel uncomfortable.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No ones made me feel uncomfortable jut annoyed.

Well maybe one weird person who I was sure was a child abuser.
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    No ones made me feel uncomfortable jut annoyed.
    Annoyance is just a subset of Uncomfortable. I find annoyance to be an uncomfortable state of mind.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds like bullshit. But then again, I'm not Fi-leading. :wink:
    It's more of a Ne-issue than a Fi one.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually will cause us to hold onto friendship way past all that may have forsaken them.
    And the other way round when you don't like somebody.
    I've been threatened very harshly by this ESFp. We just didn't liked one another and she tried to make me lose my friends. When she didn't succeed at that she switched to backstabbing me to people I have never met but she knew I will. I couldn't manage to destroy the image she created for me so I just simply kept following it. Now I have a very nice amount of enemies. POWER OF IS AMAZING. I AGREE.
    Sincerely Yours,

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FiNe does that not FiSe.

And the other way round when you don't like somebody.
    I've been threatened very harshly by this ESFp. We just didn't liked one another and she tried to make me lose my friends. When she didn't succeed at that she switched to backstabbing me to people I have never met but she knew I will. I couldn't manage to destroy the image she created for me so I just simply kept following it. Now I have a very nice amount of enemies. POWER OF IS AMAZING. I AGREE.
    i have been on the receiving end of this from my conflictor and it's hell. i've been working quite diligently to turn things around, which involves a lot of effort on my part since i have to go relationship by relationship, plus focus on Fi which i can't even do in the first place, to try to bring it back. it's bad news. it's like the dark side of Fi.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How so?
    Hmm. We may be talking about two different things.

Anyway, what I am remarking on is the fact that you stated that my assertions of "being uneasy with the known" as "bullshit".

It is common that what makes one uneasy are things they don't understand. It is a reasonable guess to assume that Gracefully may have meant this, but in doing so, you disregard the alternative perspective (which is what I asserted). This is a consequence of de-valued Ne. I'm sure you can conjure up your own experience that contradicts your statement, but to reinforce your motive, you had to disregard the alternative; thus you went ahead with your assumption and gave your opinion on the matter.

This is just speculation though. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I could have written the first paragraph myself.

I relate to the second paragraph, as well, but not the part about avoiding people who make me feel uneasy. I think this could relate to Expat's view of Fi and his analogy using laser beams.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    The difference between the ISFj and the INFj lies essentially on which kind of software feeds their laser beam detectors. The ISFj's is fed by an observation, and memory, of real events and real actions as perceived by the ISFj. The INFj's is fed rather by the INFj's perception of potential qualities and alternative possibilities regarding the specific person. Both are static, not easily changing; however, since the INFj's criteria are based on a potentials as perceived by the INFj, they can "jump" from one static state to another with less trauma than for the ISFj, for whom reality should be more fixed.
    For me, the laser beam "potential" with everybody is blue, so I strive to move relationships in this direction at all times. For you, if a beam is red, you may be more likely to accept this color and choose to interact with people with whom you have better relationships. I don't think one approach is necessarily better than the other, because there are pros and cons to both.

I asked somebody who knows both Socionics and me very well about how I manifest Fi in a "powerful" way to go along with the title of the thread. He said that I'm very good at reading people and have the ability to be very "sly" in my interactions (which sounds kind of dirty, but hey). I think that my enormous capacity to love others might have something to do with my type (not that other types can't be loving), which I believe is far more powerful in comparison to the strengths he mentioned.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi helps me guilt employees into following company guidelines.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss Expat's presence.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Lol, bad Delta.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Creepy-male

The ability to give genuine compliments, see the good in others also is Fi. At work, I have encountered people who initially did not like me, after noticing what they do best and giving them genuine compliments (or gifts) at appropriate times, they end up liking me. There is always something good in each person. When this is brought out in the open and recognized, their heart soften and feelings change for the better.

Apparently by socionics theory, Fi should be my PoLR (I'm likely ILE) and that means it usually is a source of negativity. Although I really don't feel that way about Fi.
    Last edited by male; 07-11-2010 at 02:57 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, / does it too. Seen it many times.

types in general are even worse about that, haha.
    really? i don't see isfj as being at all forgiving. but maybe i don't know enough of them.

Te types yes i could see them being the ultimate cut throats, esp in business.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sincerely Yours,

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    For me, the laser beam "potential" with everybody is blue, so I strive to move relationships in this direction at all times. For you, if a beam is red, you may be more likely to accept this color and choose to interact with people with whom you have better relationships. I don't think one approach is necessarily better than the other, because there are pros and cons to both.
    That's a good analogy for Fi, I'd have to say this part particularly is spot on IME

Fi types prefer to surround themselves with those people with whom they share a blue laser beam, that's when they feel most comfortable. They prefer to isolate themselves from those with whom they share a red laser beam - and once it's red, it's not impossible for it to change, even to blue, but it's not something that the Fi types expect to happen very frequently. A constant change of color would leave them confused and mistrustful of the quality of their detectors.

The color can be established, of course, even with someone the Fi type never met personally, and up to a point, with people they don't really know, such as public figures - whereas in that case the color is more easily rebooted when new information is received.
    The benefit largely forms from having this internal scanner, so to speak, which enables the ability to filter the type of communication and relational distances needed on a person to person basis.

Yep, I think ESI's are a bit better at holding those distances whereas EII's allow room for the proximity in relations to change, and yeah, they're benefits and disadvantages to both
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you are saying might be related to the other person's naivete though. Also, I see functions being separate from actual abilities. What you are saying here is that Fi can be used for manipulation, which is true, but being Fi valuing does not make one manipulative by itself.

I see this as projecting yourself onto other people, without really having actual information about how the other person is feeling. Believe me, I know this all too well... Thing is, since human beings tend to have the same "emotional programming" where certain actions trigger certain feelings, by projecting yourself onto others there's a good chance that you have hit the mark with whatever you predict. I think it's very hard for Fi leading types to actually stop themselves from projecting, and actually believe that there are other people who just have a different emotional programming than them.

I disagree with the bold. Fi is about bonding, not about "goodness vs evil." I've noticed that I might be biased in my understanding, being E6, and that E1 will see Fi as more related to morality... Anyway, I do sense that you might just be manipulative in those situations. I've "been there" in terms of what you are saying, the thought process. I realized that it's just a desire to control the environment, masked with believing that it's for the good of all.

The only things that come to mind in how Fi has helped me is in being able to project myself successfully (again, this can backfire) onto others in order to maintain smooth interactions with people and to make it easier for people to trust me for my own benefit. Sounds ugly, but I consider this the truth :/.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bonding is such a weird term

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    bonding is such a weird term
    Yeah, I'm now considering that Fi being bonding is not actually true... I think it's more of being attune to inner emotional programming, if that makes sense. Sort of like how you have a code, and you have inputs and outputs. Since humans tend to avoid pain, an instinctual Fi framework would be of avoiding painful outputs. However, it gets modified by knowing that in some cases, pain is actually a more beneficial output in the long run, among other possible reasons.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're not nearly as bitchy and stubbornly tough-minded as they're frequently caricatured to be on here. There is a grain of truth to the notion and I can see why the stereotype arose in the 1st place. But it isn't really isn't a kind of definitive and overriding quality about them IME.

I don't think they're more likely to be 'cut throats' than any other type. What I was getting at, is that types frequently make hasty judgments of others characters—for better or for worse.
    very VERY VERY true of the Te-dominants in my life!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Is this all really Fi? A lot of these things apply to me.
    Those are all a bunch of actions. Both Fi and Fe could manifest with those actions, i suppose, the difference resting in motive.

some of it i related to, some of it i didn't.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your strongest functions are Ni and Fi fwiw
    The end is nigh

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

As you should, because you can use Fi effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    Apparently by socionics theory, Fi should be my PoLR (I'm likely ILE) and that means it usually is a source of negativity. Although I really don't feel that way about Fi.
    You're not supposed to feel negative about us; you are probably just likely to overlook personal relations and stand on your own, independent and secure.

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    I could have written the first paragraph myself.

I relate to the second paragraph, as well, but not the part about avoiding people who make me feel uneasy. I think this could relate to Expat's view of Fi and his analogy using laser beams.

I asked somebody who knows both Socionics and me very well about how I manifest Fi in a "powerful" way to go along with the title of the thread. He said that I'm very good at reading people and have the ability to be very "sly" in my interactions (which sounds kind of dirty, but hey). I think that my enormous capacity to love others might have something to do with my type (not that other types can't be loving), which I believe is far more powerful in comparison to the strengths he mentioned.
    That doesn't sound like INFj.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 08-03-2010 at 06:24 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That doesn't sound like ENFj.
    Fixed.