Thread: Contrary (and Illusionary relations)

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Contrary (and Illusionary relations)

When a SEI sees a SEE using , it's probably the case that the SEI sees the SEE using the in a somewhat garish and irksome manner - it does not seem to be being used appropiately.

This may not be sufficient to cause major aggravation, but it does make the individual feel "What are they playing at? I could do better than that..." etc.

Perhaps it will spark a mini-rivalry, or simply a "Meh.". The individual may not quite feel the need to speak up\act, unless they've been "pushed" for some time.

I think the individual sees contrary or illusionary individuals as challenging their "abilities"...but it generally never seems like they are doing it on purpose (perhaps because the contrary\illusionary individual appears to have a different approach), and also the two individuals are sufficiently apart from each other that they don't clash significantly.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    When a SEI sees a SEE using , it's probably the case that the SEI sees the SEE using the in a somewhat garish and irksome manner - it does not seem to be being used appropiately.

This may not be sufficient to cause major aggravation, but it does make the individual feel "What are they playing at? I could do better than that..." etc.

Perhaps it will spark a mini-rivalry, or simply a "Meh.". The individual may not quite feel the need to speak up\act, unless they've been "pushed" for some time.

I think the individual sees contrary or illusionary individuals as challenging their "abilities"...but it generally never seems like they are doing it on purpose (perhaps because the contrary\illusionary individual appears to have a different approach), and also the two individuals are sufficiently apart from each other that they don't clash significantly.
    In work relationships, contrary relation is awful. Imagine an ILI boss, an ILE employee in a Ne Ti field. The boss was mad at the employee because of his approach to solving the task. The employee didn't want thorough work and structured actions, just brainstorming and quick solutions woo hoo whoo hoo whoo whooooo hoooo
    What really annoyed the boss was that the employee made it, I guess he thought "wow, how can he do that (Ne Ti) without following my Ni Te rules?"
    After months of clashing over and over, our relation was muuuuuuch colder
    Last edited by 1981slater; 10-26-2010 at 08:47 AM.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I dated an SLE before and I could never understand her need to always boss people around and give out orders and to constantly ridicule people and for it somehow to be expected as funny. Also had a lack of respect for peoples personal space, even in volume of voice (quite loud).

At first it was quite interesting, being around this person, but after a while I just felt I had to escape. It was vexing as I was sure she was a good person, she just annoyed me.

What I noticed was that she could become quite run down by doing too much activity, I think this was a manifestation of her ignoring function. She generally knew what to do to look after herself, but paid it lip service. Infact in such moments it was usually me looking after her, making her food during the day and supplying various goodies like fizzy sweets (fizzy candy) and stuff.

I think I liked her when she was run down, less manifestation of !

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol at NiTe "rules" and "structure". Though if it makes you feel better about yourself to believe this stuff... *shrug*

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's so weird... I always get this sense with IEEs that we initially want to be closer to the other and feel that we could be... then VERY soon after we realize the psychological distance between us and yet it's just so strange. It's like we COULD be... but then I see them in action or talking with other IEEs and I realize how different we really are. There is a sense of competition/jealousy/awkwardness too. Like, why are you behaving like this and stealing my spotlight? I dunno...

Illusionary = much better.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Illusionaries naturally appreciate me much, much better. They can be intrigued over my natural strengths.

Contraries view me as a problem that needs fixing. Although we can both understand inner worlds well and shit, and are good at psychology, it's just pretty annoying.

Illusionary > Contrary.

I say this with love in my heart (well actually I'm being hateful but you can take it , fags), but go fuck yourselves enfps. You can be quite boring, sexless and non-artistic. Take your therapy and forced institutionalized "humanitarianism" and shove them deep up your asshole.