Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Video Discussion #1 : Socionics & You!

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    No Nick. No. No cutsey gay jokes. Just stop being an asshole and let the Deltas do their nice little project. Be a good little boy, okay? You know exactly what you're doing. So knock it off and just be a good soldier with this. =D
    Sigh. I suppose I can't fool my kin. The uprooting will occur inevitably.

And I'm only complying with you because you called me soldier.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    "One of the first things they do is bitch and scream about how it's so dark in the box and why you putting me in the box and so one of the first things they will try to do is break open the box and try getting out of the box and cardboard boxes break so easily and you can't keep anyone in the box...so one of the things you need to do is get boxes of more durable materials."
    i seriously snorted when he said that.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post

Field intuition. Not LII.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post

Field intuition. Not LII.
    ding ding ding.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Piss poor mood as of late. =/ I hope I didn't offend any... it's a cool idea and all but eh.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Piss poor mood as of late. =/ I hope I didn't offend any... it's a cool idea and all but eh.
    Your volume is fine, if anything, we can raise the volume on our own computers if we have a hard time hearing, I only had to give it a little boost. Responding to your question, I can understand that not everyone is going to life the format, I most likely made it how I thought would be best, and knowing that Socionics exists, that means there will be people who find my way of going about this the wrong way. So I wasn't offended, I like suggestions I'm not sure how effective just posting randomly would do... Only because you can already do that. A lot of people also don't like improv and feel uncomfortable with cameras without something to talk about, which is why I provided the questions. I want to reemphasize that no one has to read word-for-word the questions and go strictly by them if they don't want to, they are meant for inspiration.

I'd really like to hear your ideas Scarlett, because my natural guess is not much would come out of random posting, or if people would *want* to randomly post videos. But I definitely wouldn't want to leave out room for fun, I haven't really lead something like this before, so I don't know where I'm making mistakes. If you could give me a little more of a lead than suggesting people to post random videos of themselves, I'll definitely see how I can work it in. If anyone else has ideas to make this more enjoyable, don't be shy about commenting!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my god, I'm going to take my shirt off now. That was too hot for me to take.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    <3
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what the fuck is your problem?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what the fuck is your problem?
    Niffweed I'm very sorry for saying that, I sincerely apologize. I though you might have taken that as humor since your video was full of humor.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<3^2
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Niffweed I'm very sorry for saying that, I sincerely apologize. I though you might have taken that as humor since your video was full of humor.
    I like this man!

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I was going to pace posting my videos, but then I found out how speed up my uploading process by about 10 times, so all are just going to get all my videos I recorded these after work, so I'm tired and a little loopy, don't mind my appearance please

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright! I went through each of your videos (except for tutu's, but you didn't really have much to work with ) and created a question each to further develop out discussion. Remember, don't feel obligated to answer everything or questions that don't really inspire you. I'm putting these up to get your mind going, and then you share your thoughts with the rest of us. I'm still looking for suggestions on how to make this process better, so include that if you'd like I hope everyone is having fun!

TOPIC QUESTIONS ROUND 2

1. How would you describe the way you type? Do you think there should be a standardized way to type?

2. What difficulties make Socionics hard to teach? What is the best way you found to teach Socionics, or, what would make teaching Socionics easier?

3. Since learning Socionics, how has knowledge of Quadra values help you in your offline experiences?

4. What games/exercises/topics have you encountered or thought up that would be good for viewing information elements on video or at meet-ups?

5. How easily does Socionics' intertype relations work out for analyzing your relationships? What is your stance on the thought of people believing they can predict the dynamics of your relationships based just on your type?

6. Do you think types type differently? What specific traits common to your type help/hinder the typing process?

7. What are your thoughts about ascertaining someone's type based on "vibes" or general intuition? How easily do you assign value to qualitative and subjective data relevant to type/Socionics?

8. How flexible is Socionics, or how flexible should it be? When can we be too rigid, and when is flexibility inappropriate?

9. Boxes. Do you likes them?

Mine was a mixture of #1 & #6 since I answered a lot during my first response videos. Enjoy!

Last edited by Mattie; 06-24-2009 at 02:34 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My attempt to answer the first set of questions. I didn't see the second set of questions or ScarlettLux's comment about these questions being incredibly boring, because after reviewing my video, it is boring as dirt. But, here they are anyaway lol
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd discussion.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic View Post
    My attempt to answer the first set of questions. I didn't see the second set of questions or ScarlettLux's comment about these questions being incredibly boring, because after reviewing my video, it is boring as dirt. But, here they are anyaway lol
    I guess I must be a weirdo, I find all of these videos interesting... Thanks for posting your's, you brought up some really good points, similar to the line of thinking my NeTi best friend takes when I talk about Socionics around her. It's fine that you answered the first few questions, I really just post them as inspiration to talk, I guess I come off more rigid than I realize...

So I'm going to assume that my natural preferences are taking over the format of this discussion, and obviously those with opposing preferences are turned off by how I'm going about it. I still haven't received any suggestions to make this a more holistic experience for everyone. And it matters to me!

These are my goals for this "project":
    • To use video as a medium for forum interaction and as a better medium for typing.
    • To eventually build a library of videos that have good examples of information elements and types, as a more "hands on" resource for learning.
    • To have an open environment that allows forum members to feel comfortable to express themselves and their ideas, but also to constructive and progressive discussion.

If your ideas forward these three ideals, I will definitely be willing to adopt others' suggestions into how I'm already running things. Those are all I really want to keep established, I don't really care about "rules" if it seems like we won't need them. I put up the guidelines only because threads in this forum have a tendency to degrade into what I perceive as nonconstructive bickering. I wanted to make clear to everyone what I wanted to happen so I wouldn't get flamed for making future decisions that people might not like.

But seriously, I haven't gotten any suggestions, only messages (that I'm very thankful for ) about how they like the discussions going on so far. This will be my last message about it because I feel like a broken record asking and I don't want to continue to worry about what people are thinking For all of you who are interested and enjoy these discussions, definitely post more videos!

Thanks!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oooo, I think I'll do one of these tomorrow after work when my roomie isn't here to sing in the background. Believe me when I say that you don't want to be subjected to that.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, late to the party, but here's my response to the first set of questions. Gah I think I look & sound so awkward (especially that I apparently talk out of only the right side of my face) but fuck it, life's too short to be so self-conscious:

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iAnnAu View Post
    OK, late to the party, but here's my response to the first set of questions. Gah I think I look & sound so awkward (especially that I apparently talk out of only the right side of my face) but fuck it, life's too short to be so self-conscious:
    I really liked your video, I didn't think you were awkward at all! I like hearing how different types approach Socionics, the way you described your difficulties with typing sounded similar to Isha's. It's interesting to start seeing the similarities between people that could be indicative of the type they share... So I'm glad you joined in!

Where are all the male Deltas!?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    You actually only need to place the youtube link for it to be embedded -- right now we only see random unparsed code.
    Yep, making things more complicated than they needed to be. *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

snakes.

The end is nigh

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I've struggled to upload this video and I don't know why it's being so frustrating. Youtube only wants 2:50 of it. Photobucket is taking 5:00. The whole thing is ~7 minutes long in reality, but I think you guys can just deal with 5 minutes of it until I can figure out what my problem is.

Socionicsdiscussion1.flv video by colourmeducky - Photobucket
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a good vid, iAnnAu. Doing second takes vastly improves the quality I've found.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    That was a good vid, iAnnAu. Doing second takes vastly improves the quality I've found.
    I prefer flying by the seat of my pants. No prep. No do overs

It's probably different for others, but I think you get the most honest answer out of me if it isn't rehearsed.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fish for words and I feel like I'm coming across as an idiot. The second and third video I made were not redone however.

I'd expect such from a 7, Vero!
    The end is nigh

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    Ok, I've struggled to upload this video and I don't know why it's being so frustrating. Youtube only wants 2:50 of it. Photobucket is taking 5:00. The whole thing is ~7 minutes long in reality, but I think you guys can just deal with 5 minutes of it until I can figure out what my problem is.
    Guessing from the title of your video, what is a flv extention? It might be why you're having an issue with uploading. Convert it to a WMV or such and see if that works out. It's good so far though!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    I'm pretty sure that .flv is the format that youtube converts it to.
    flv is the format photobucket converted to. But your point is essentially the same.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post

Socionicsdiscussion1.flv video by colourmeducky - Photobucket

photobucket limits the time of your videos to 5 minutes. meaning it will cut off everything past 5 minutes. i'm not sure about youtube (think the limit is just under 10 minutes,) but i think vimeo allows for more time, and i know their upload limit in mb is 500.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-male

Oh yeah, and vimeo has HQ.

I think the only caveat is that they police copyright more closely than YouTube, which shouldn't be a problem in this situation.

How did I forget vimeo?

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This will be my last attempt to save the Video Discussions, if interest doesn't rise again, I'm just going to let them drop off the first page and into the abyss. If you do enjoy these discussions, please show your support so I know these are worth up keeping and that I'm not hanging onto something that's not working out. Remember that you don't have to answer all these questions, just use them for inspiration, as well, you can go back and answer past questions or whatever sparks your mind.

TOPIC QUESTIONS ROUND 3

1. Is there an area of Socionics the forum should focus on building up more of an understanding of? Or does the general active population need an overall brush up on Socionics?

2. Do you think the Wikisocion is a good resource for learning Socionics? What about the Wikisocion could be improved?

3. What details need to be ironed out to make Socionics more testable? How do you imagine Socionics being tested?

4. Have any suggestions to improve the Video Discussions?

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post

1. Is there an area of Socionics the forum should focus on building up more of an understanding of? Or does the general active population need an overall brush up on Socionics?

Is Socionics something every type should learn about?

2. Do you think the Wikisocion is a good resource for learning Socionics? What about the Wikisocion could be improved?
    What about learning Russian, tovarich?

3. What details need to be ironed out to make Socionics more testable? How do you imagine Socionics being tested?
    Most tests are crap, but this one is somewhat accurate

SOCIONICS: Functions, Types, Tests

4. Have any suggestions to improve the Video Discussions?
    people should appear completely drunk in these self-made videos
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    people should appear completely drunk in these self-made videos
    I'VE COME TO SAVE THE DAY

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    This will be my last attempt to save the Video Discussions, if interest doesn't rise again, I'm just going to let them drop off the first page and into the abyss. If you do enjoy these discussions, please show your support so I know these are worth up keeping and that I'm not hanging onto something that's not working out.
    I really enjoy watching the video discussions and hope you choose to keep it. I like comparing how the different socionic types approach the questions and observing their mannerisms.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm doing another vid for the most recent set of discussions. i support this project.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i'm doing another vid for the most recent set of discussions. i support this project.
    I support implied's hair on video.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    I support implied's hair on video.
    haha. thanks.oh god fuck vimeo.

i'm doing photobucket again heh.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll do more. I made one I haven't posted yet because I look so fucking lazy while I'm talking
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I'll do more. I made one I haven't posted yet because I look so fucking lazy while I'm talking

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast