Thread: Mosque on Ground Zero; Requested Split Topic

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think that ashton is right and that we should bomb the shit out of mecca. not because it is a good idea internationally actually it is a disaster but it is a good idea because islam is a stupid religion. i mean seriously it says there's a god and people go to like this place in the sky when they die if they perform all these convoluted rules like the pilgrimage to this city in the desert where its like a thousand degrees.

we should be nuking mecca not because muslims are terrorists but because the islamic religion is totally stupid and if we destroy mecca in a humanitarian effort maybe those stupid dipshits in uganda will stop wasting their lives.

oh and no disrespect to kam of course, your religion is totally stupid though.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikesex View Post
    i think that ashton is right and that we should bomb the shit out of mecca. not because it is a good idea internationally actually it is a disaster but it is a good idea because islam is a stupid religion. i mean seriously it says there's a god and people go to like this place in the sky when they die if they perform all these convoluted rules like the pilgrimage to this city in the desert where its like a thousand degrees.

we should be nuking mecca not because muslims are terrorists but because the islamic religion is totally stupid and if we destroy mecca in a humanitarian effort maybe those stupid dipshits in uganda will stop wasting their lives.

Good idea, and let's nuke anything that holds any meaning to anyone.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    Good idea, and let's nuke anything that holds any meaning to anyone.
    yes yes lets do it it sounds fun nuke my house i dare you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ALSO OMG LETS NUKE ISRAEL AND PALESTINE SO NOBODY CAN HAVE IT OMG IT WILL BE SO MUCH FUN

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by ilikesex View Post

Imho religion isn't the problem, it's how its used. Everyone has "holy beliefs" and "core ideals"..... whether they acknowledge them or not, religion is people attempting to find harmony among these "core ideals".

Now I can understand what you mean about all the rules.... but personally I think that is a retarded way to look at spirituality. Most people flock to strict rules in religion because they feel lacking in their moral confidence so they require a solid rulebook foundation to trust in. Usually this wouldn't be a problem, but it leads to moral fanaticism and indoctrination, which in my opinion are the real problems for organized religion.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heared they wanted to build a gay bar next to the mosque.

Since the mosque on ground zero stands for tolerance, a gay bar would fit that picture too. Let's see how the muslims react to that!

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should set up scheduled bombings, one every week, and give them the schedule and some pamphlets.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post

Since the mosque on ground zero stands for tolerance, a gay bar would fit that picture too. Let's see how the muslims react to that!
    haha yea

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

If religion (or anything else) tells you to kill infidels and that sort of thing, then in my view, it is a problem to me.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    If religion (or anything else) tells you to kill infidels and that sort of thing, then in my view, it is a problem to me.
    lol then don't be a member of a group that tells you to kill infidels, if thats not your thing....

you do have free will to choose what you feel is right for you, do you not?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love how people keep calling it a mosque when it's actually just a community center.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Only if other nations have the means and the will to do so. Most don't. Even more, most nations won't actually stand up for others unless they themselves have something to gain by doing so. If there's nothing to gain, the victim is SOL.

Historically, many protagonists have pursued outright belligerent ends and nobody held them accountable for it. Either because no one could and/or because no one cared.

Every war is rooted in an ideological imperative—societies don't just engage in warfare senselessly. Even the most bellicose madmen were pursuing rational ends in the wars they initiated. They start them because they feel they have something to gain and because they're confident enough they can actually beat their opponents.
    My point about the ideology thing was this: some nations fight over ideological ground. You've agreed on this... ideological imperative. This would mean that if someone is ideologically sympathetic to your opponent even if this sympathy was develop post facto, that could lead to aggression against you on ideological grounds.

You can't just kill a person and that's the end of their cause... other people may pick up the cause, and now you have to deal with them. You can't put an end to a "cause" or ideology you dislike through shear brute physical force, you can only block its physical manifestation.

Most people don't 'flock to religion', most people are brought up and raised with religion. It's usually not a voluntary choice.
    Oh really then why has mankind been plagued by the very creation of religion then if its all so awful and about nothing beyond indoctrination.

Uh, it's not that simple. If someone's religion dictates to kill Subterranean and someone chooses to act upon that, then the only recourse Subterranean's free will has at that point is to defend himself by any means necessary.
    Of course... but my point was I think it would be more direct and sensible to connect the negative association with the experience itself, instead of intertwine it with the religion.

The difference can be seen in the two quotes "I hate religion, because religions tell people to kill infidels" and "I hate it when religion tells people to kill infidels". Their is a difference.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    The difference can be seen in the two quotes "I hate religion, because religions tell people to kill infidels" and "I hate it when religion tells people to kill infidels". Their is a difference.
    You said before that "Imho religion isn't the problem, it's how its used" ...

But I would object to a person who believed that people he considered infidels should be killed, even if he didn't kill infidels.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post

LOL
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously think about this. On one end of it, why would someone build some Islamic center on or near Ground Zero? The only reason why this is considered being built and the news media is reporting on it is so that 1.) they get a news story and 2.) is to p!ss people off.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean View Post
    Seriously think about this. On one end of it, why would someone build some Islamic center on or near Ground Zero? The only reason why this is considered being built and the news media is reporting on it is so that 1.) they get a news story and 2.) is to p!ss people off.
    it makes no sense to me.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    it makes no sense to me.
    Why would you build something that would give you bad media attention and potentially vandalized?
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Why would you build something that would give you bad media attention and potentially vandalized?
    Why defend your freedom if...oh right, yeah...

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To whom does this situation benefit?
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

Creepy-male

Nah I think its the message people see in it.... it shows tolerance.... it could be considered a bit of a flamboyant show of self-righteous tolerance though. Lol I actually prefer people just being sensible and not over-dramatic about it..... lol sell the land and let people decide what to do with it.... that way it doesn't become a symbolic battleground for conflicting ideologies. If someone really wants to memorialize the land, they will accumulate enough money to move forward with the project.