Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type a friend

This woman was a very important mentor to me for many years and remains a friend:

Sorry no better pix.

I initially knew her as a dancer/choreographer with an advanced degree in math, and she later became a multiple business owner. Very logical, orderly, not exactly an "easy" person. Does her own thing her own way, pleasantly but firmly demands that things be done her way with perfection and precision. She can shoot holes in anything, any idea, any artwork, any proposal. I've seen her rub many people the wrong way. But if you meet her standards, she'll never give up on you or lose faith in you. She's inspiring as a teacher, with a lot of unusual ideas. her.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

INFj

The lots of unusual ideas part is Ne.

And, INFj's like things their way and are very demanding, sometimes on the surface look cold, but we're very warm.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First reaction was INTj but either INXj seems likely.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

She looks like me, but with bigger and rounder forehead then my own. Same smile and same slant of the eyes.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    She looks like me, but with bigger and rounder forehead then my own. Same smile and same slant of the eyes.
    Do you wear lots of red Maritsa?
    .................................................. ...
    This lady has almost no shoulders!

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldilocks View Post
    I could also consider INTx for her type but not INFx as I have never seen an INFx dress or sit like this. Was the photo a specially posed photo or just a snapshot?
    Snapshot. She wears a lot of bright, vivid, but form-fitting clothing of any color. But in a city where bright clothing is not unusual. (This ain't Paris, ha.)

I see her as INTJ.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    Do you wear lots of red Maritsa?
    .................................................. ...
    This lady has almost no shoulders!
    Yes, pinks and florals too. There's a picture of me on my facebook account with a bright red dress on.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenwings View Post
    Snapshot. She wears a lot of bright, vivid, but form-fitting clothing of any color. But in a city where bright clothing is not unusual. (This ain't Paris, ha.)

I see her as INTJ.
    INFj's and INTj's can look like one another because Fi and Ti role functions get switched and a feeler can look like a logical and vice versa. She VI's as INFj; INTj's have a flatter forehead; get touchy emotions because of Fi role. INFj's are sometimes more lively but hold onto hurt emotions for longer time. INFj's also have the tendency to repeat things that sink in over and over again.
    -

TIM
    LII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's INTj. Reminds me of Patti Smith.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My instant reaction was LII. Looks exactly like an LII friend of mine. And your description seems to fit that as well.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure it's not very socionomical to say this, but ... this woman just sort of crackles quietly with a powerful mental energy. Her role in the businesses she has owned is to systematize. Her approach to choreography was similar--she sort of built up systems of movement that were highly conceptual and pristine but that audiences--and even other movement artists--often found impenetrable.

For her to be INTj would make me her benefactor, which on the face of it could seem odd for a mentor-mentee relationship (with me as mentee). But somehow it does make sense. Because I am very different from her ... she chose me as the principal dancer in her troupe, and her choreography was greatly changed when put on my body. She said at the time that she wanted to experiment in having me perform her work because I "wear my emotions just under my skin." She does not. From her, one gets no sense of rising and falling emotions, only of this mental prowess.

She had to reframe her work and develop a system for how to teach it to me, and through that process, her choreography became something different. Audiences were able to relate to it, where they had not been able to before. It became more human. In this way, I did something for her. And I'm sure I let her down sometimes by being a space cadet par excellence, but she tended to overlook that.

Still thinking about this ...
    Last edited by golden; 09-17-2010 at 07:54 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that makes perfect sense to me.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. I'm not trying to set up pass/fail quizzes here or anything, and I appreciate forum members taking the time to help me type people I know. I'm trying to understand, by seeing how y'all VI, what it is that shines through to help one see type rather than just infer it from behaviors.

VI fascinates me because it's a new idea to me. I would never view it as infallible, and I am sure that photos can be very limiting, but I'm starting to notice how it seems to hinge on physical expression more than on structural traits. At least, that's how I think it could be ... a loose impression based on structure and movement and gesture, but with the keys lying in things like gaze, smile.

Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If her forte is in creating precise, practical systems, consider LSI.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I considered LSI, but she seems much more LII to me. I came into the thread with the hidden agenda of "Does she look LII?" lol. What would you say are the salient differences between LSI and LII?

She seems extremely intuitive to me in real life.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenwings View Post
    I'm sure it's not very socionomical to say this, but ... this woman just sort of crackles quietly with a powerful mental energy. Her role in the businesses she has owned is to systematize. Her approach to choreography was similar--she sort of built up systems of movement that were highly conceptual and pristine but that audiences--and even other movement artists--often found impenetrable.

For her to be INTj would make me her benefactor, which on the face of it could seem odd for a mentor-mentee relationship (with me as mentee). But somehow it does make sense. Because I am very different from her ... she chose me as the principal dancer in her troupe, and her choreography was greatly changed when put on my body. She said at the time that she wanted to experiment in having me perform her work because I "wear my emotions just under my skin." She does not. From her, one gets no sense of rising and falling emotions, only of this mental prowess.

She had to reframe her work and develop a system for how to teach it to me, and through that process, her choreography became something different. Audiences were able to relate to it, where they had not been able to before. It became more human. In this way, I did something for her. And I'm sure I let her down sometimes by being a space cadet par excellence, but she tended to overlook that.

Still thinking about this ...
    INFj's can be just as inventive in making new systems or approaches to things, but are more ambitious and driven then INTj's

We are able to see the potential and approach to each individual with use of Ne in the ego block and Fi primary.
    -

TIM
    LII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    INFj's can be just as inventive in making new systems or approaches to things, but are more ambitious and driven then INTj's
    What makes you think that?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    why? what is intuition, iyo?
    Well, I'll probably get this wrong from a Socionics perspective--okay?

But I have experienced her as someone who is able to tap into a sort of timeless, sweeping perspective ... on art, on life, on other people. She holds the long-range picture in mind in her business activities. Her partner deals with the day-in, day-out issues.

Let's say she was delivering a critique of another choreographer's work. I think if she had been more sensing, she would have focused more on the actual movements, the work-in-itself as it appeared before us. (Some, maybe most, of the other people did this in their critiques.) My friend would take this global approach that came "from some other place." Sort of mysterious; she'd make these big connections. She would somehow get a sense of who the choreographer was, how he/she came to develop his/her approach through past experiences, and what kind of feedback would give the person a new direction to grow in, in the future. And in her own work, she never gave a sense of the here-and-now, and instead she imparted a sense of the eternal. That was the area in which she and I overlapped.