Thread: Type me (again) please!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me (again) please!

I'm still not sure about my Socionics type. The tests fail me; too often, none or several of the answers apply.

The IEI profile sounds like me, but Fe does not. The EII profile does not suit me. Some ILI profiles also sounds a bit like me, but again, the functions don't seem correct.

I made a thread here awhile ago: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...tml#post559884

I thought people could ask me questions for info that may be helpful in determining my type.

One thing I am sure of is that I am an introvert.

Thanks!
    4w5 sp/sx MBTI INFP (Fi Ne)

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What do you mean "the IEI profile suits me but Fe does not"? Which profile are you talking about? And what do you mean by "Fe"?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say Delta NF

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    What do you mean "the IEI profile suits me but Fe does not"? Which profile are you talking about? And what do you mean by "Fe"?
    The descriptions of the IEI (INFp) type that I've come across. By "Fe" I mean extroverted feeling:

I'm just not used to these symbols yet...'

Quote Originally Posted by matilda View Post
    I would say Delta NF
    Thanks. Any particular reason?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What is your understanding of introverted.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    The descriptions of the IEI (INFp) type that I've come across. By "Fe" I mean extroverted feeling:

I'm just not used to these symbols yet...'

Thanks. Any particular reason?
    I've seen you in the other forums

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you think that doesn't suit you?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    What is your understanding of introverted.
    I'm more focused on my inner world of thoughts, ideas & feelings than anything. I prefer to be alone (I NEED copious amounts of alone time to just think & daydream), as people drain me. Pretty much any definition of introvert you can come up with, I fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    Why do you think that doesn't suit you?
    My understanding of in this theory is that it makes a person emotionally demonstrative & they desire to affect and are often affected by other people's expressions. The only way I could see this manifested in myself is through my sense of aesthetics (in graphic arts & fashion) - I do seek some response in others then, but my primary motivation is still my own expression. I admit I may get a perverse delight in freaking people out sometimes - not in anything I say or even do, but in general demeanor/appearance. But more often than not, I am accused of being aloof, cold and not expressive of emotional feeling. People IRL question the existence of my feeling, but they'll also sense an air of moodiness. Close family will say I am temperamental, as I will have outbursts on occasion if I feel very frustrated.

I also don't find in socionics ringing true for myself either. I read stuff about it understanding social hierarchies and what is appropriate - and that is all totally foreign to me. Social protocol and appropriateness allude me a lot of the time. I always feel like I missed the memo on that stuff. I'm more interested in concepts & ideas than people also - I like altruism more in theory than in reality. In reality, people often annoy me and I like to avoid them. I'd say I am more imaginative/creative than altruistic.

This may sounds like hogwash, but I'm going to type it anyway:
    I do feel that I have an almost innate connection to some basic foundation of morality that exists within all people, but that not everyone accesses as clearly/easily. "Moral truth" is something I find within myself, and things align with my internal compass or they do not, rather than adjusting myself to the external moral values. This is why I identify with MBTI INFP. But EII sounds really freaking DULL. Like this little plain, mumsy do-gooder who has no backbone. The profiles also sound much more structured than me - I dislike routine with a passion. When I had the same 9-5 for 4 years, I felt like a zombie - I was miserable. I also hate when people get stuck on what I see as trivial things like being "on time". I also like NEW for the sake of new.

I'm not that gentle - I've been called terse by people. I'm deceptively easy-going in that I am just quiet & not insistent on "my way" in small, everyday matters, but I can be quite stubborn otherwise. I've actually been called argumentative by those closest to me, but sometimes I just see it as discussing & analyzing. I don't have a problem saying "no" and I'm not very self-sacrificing at all. I can be a bit selfish & self-absorbed actually.

IDK....I'll stop there I guess...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEI-Fe=ILI

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may sounds like hogwash, but I'm going to type it anyway:
    I do feel that I have an almost innate connection to some basic foundation of morality that exists within all people, but that not everyone accesses as clearly/easily. "Moral truth" is something I find within myself, and things align with my internal compass or they do not, rather than adjusting myself to the external moral values. This is why I identify with MBTI INFP.
    This doesn't sound like hogwash at all, I relate to it quite a bit as a matter of fact. This entire section sounds very to me, and combining this with the original post in your last thread I'd say INFj would be a good bet.

But EII sounds really freaking DULL. Like this little plain, mumsy do-gooder who has no backbone. The profiles also sound much more structured than me - I dislike routine with a passion. When I had the same 9-5 for 4 years, I felt like a zombie - I was miserable. I also hate when people get stuck on what I see as trivial things like being "on time". I also like NEW for the sake of new.
    Haha, type descriptions in general tend to be very iffy and over-generalized. When they talk about Ij types they try to make them out as being very boring and overemphasizing perfection, which I've found isn't necessarily the case. Take a look at INFjs like April on the board, she definitely has a backbone in her and I don't think anyone here would call her "mumsy" lol.

Do you have any good photos of yourself for VI?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

keep it simple, are you an ethical or logical type or in your case of IEI vs ILI, are you a social type or a business like type.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding of in this theory is that it makes a person emotionally demonstrative & they desire to affect and are often affected by other people's expressions.
    I am Fe creative, and I am very concerned about what fits the emotional climate and what not. I often go with the flow and I don't want to stir up anything. So it's not that I am emotionally demonstrative in that way.

From wikisocion:

Fe as a creative (2nd) function (SEI and IEI)

The person is sensitive to the emotional atmosphere around him, either from an individual, or a group, or even from inanimate objects such as the landscape, the state of the physical environment he happens to be in, or his own emotional associations with the place or people around him. A positive emotional atmophere is essential for his sense of well being and inner peace, and he either tries to promote it himself by directly influencing it around him, or by simply moving away from the environment or the people causing a negative emotional environment in his view.

For the SEI, this takes an on-the-spot aspect and is reflected in cracking jokes, trying to make people laugh, or simply moving away from people he perceives as affecting him negatively. For the IEI, this takes a longer-term perspective; so the focus, rather than being on the immediate emotional environment, is on the perceived longer-term emotional state of others towards the individual, and is reflected in trying to be on good terms with those he interacts with or seeking distance or protection from, or "preventively" attacking, those he sees as irremediably hostile emotionally.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Haha, type descriptions in general tend to be very iffy and over-generalized. When they talk about Ij types they try to make them out as being very boring and overemphasizing perfection, which I've found isn't necessarily the case. Take a look at INFjs like April on the board, she definitely has a backbone in her and I don't think anyone here would call her "mumsy" lol.

Do you have any good photos of yourself for VI?
    Yes, there are photos in my original thread I linked to in the OP.

Here's a recent one:

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    keep it simple, are you an ethical or logical type or in your case of IEI vs ILI, are you a social type or a business like type.
    Neither....I'm spacey & hermit-like . Neither the social sphere nor business sphere suits me. At work, I am a "let's get to the point" kind of person. I generally don't like having to schmooze. It feels phony & I really just don't care. I have no interest in developing friendships with people I work with.

In personal relationships, I like banter, but at a certain point need meatier conversation. I think a balance is good of serious/playful. I'm probably more of a serious person overall though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    As far as I recall, I was pretty much certain that you were an ILI. Maybe it's an option?
    Yes, it's still on the table. Having as the second function is a weird idea to me though.... but it seems the ILI has a moody side that doesn't necessarily make them the robotic sort that everyone makes them out to be...?

I came across one ILI description once that hit home in a lot of ways....but I can't find it now. Other descriptions, not so much....

If it makes any difference, I draw SEE types to me a lot. My ex-boyfriend is ESFp and I have a lot of ESFp friends. However, I prefer them MUCH better as friends than for romance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    I am Fe creative, and I am very concerned about what fits the emotional climate and what not. I often go with the flow and I don't want to stir up anything. So it's not that I am emotionally demonstrative in that way.
    Hm...I'm not very concerned with or even aware of "emotional climates", & I will make blunders because I tend to be more aware of how I feel & tend to stay true to that. I do go with the flow & feel no need to stir things up for the sake of it. As I said above, I tend to passively express myself.

From wikisocion:

Fe as a creative (2nd) function (SEI and IEI)

The person is sensitive to the emotional atmosphere around him, either from an individual, or a group, or even from inanimate objects such as the landscape, the state of the physical environment he happens to be in, or his own emotional associations with the place or people around him. A positive emotional atmosphere is essential for his sense of well being and inner peace, and he either tries to promote it himself by directly influencing it around him, or by simply moving away from the environment or the people causing a negative emotional environment in his view.

For the IEI, this takes a longer-term perspective; so the focus, rather than being on the immediate emotional environment, is on the perceived longer-term emotional state of others towards the individual, and is reflected in trying to be on good terms with those he interacts with or seeking distance or protection from, or "preventively" attacking, those he sees as irremediably hostile emotionally.
    I AM really affected by my atmosphere....the aesthetics of my environment will affect my mood. I tend to make my home visually appealing for my own sake rather to impress other people - it's about soothing my own nerves. As a child, I found arguing in the home very agitating (but who doesn't?). However, I never take any initiative to actively alter the emotional mood of a group.

I also tend to withdraw from people as a sort of preemptive tactic to protect myself. I even find it easy to detach from a situation emotionally if I want to. I can sincerely empathize with someone and then walk away & find my original mood unaltered.

In enneagram, I relate this to being a type 4 with a heavy 5 wing & self-preservation instinct.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, there are photos in my original thread I linked to in the OP.

Here's a recent one:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w.../bsheer1-1.jpg
    Hmm, something about you seems more tense than I'd expect out of INFj. Not sure what else you'd be though.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I recall, I was pretty much certain that you were an ILI. Maybe it's an option?
    I think I thought ILI last time too.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You sound pretty interesting and intense....I can relate to you a lot. But I get this sense you like to fight and shit. Well maybe you don't like it but you find yourself in an aggressive role regardless, it seems. Then again I've always been drawn to women that have a lot of darkness inside so lol. I would get that checked out though. You honestly sound....pretty violent. But it's repressed. I think it's interesting, but it could land u in prison if you don't work on it.

and ooh you have dolphin-ish eyes kinda.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Hmm, I thought I was the only one who saw that. Don't know if what we're seeing is VI-related though...

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're in the situation where you have two types which both sound kind of true, you should start to compare them directly. Look at the quadras, which one seems more like your 'group' of people? You can also take a look at the other small groups like clubs or Temperaments. Then, you can compare all of the Reinin dichotomies (you can find them here: Link) or even better: if you don't know they yet in detail, just read the descriptions and then answer them all regardless of types and then compare it with the existing combinations. I don't know if you are already familiar with the socionics terms, but you can also take a look at the 'hidden agenda' (the 6th function) and the 'point of least resistance' (aka polr, the 4th function). I think this will give you more clues what your actual type is.

PS: If I may say so, you're really pretty. Otherwise I can't say much about how you VI.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    You sound pretty interesting and intense....I can relate to you a lot. But I get this sense you like to fight and shit. Well maybe you don't like it but you find yourself in an aggressive role regardless, it seems. Then again I've always been drawn to women that have a lot of darkness inside so lol. I would get that checked out though. You honestly sound....pretty violent. But it's repressed. I think it's interesting, but it could land u in prison if you don't work on it.

No, I am not violent at all. I'm very anti-violence. I won't even watch violence on TV or in movies because I am not desensitized to it enough, and it disturbs me. When I say "temperamental", I mean moments of being emotionally reactive when I usually am not. I don't hit people or anything . I CAN be aggressive when it comes to defending something important to me, but it's all verbal, and I'm usually defending an idea/principle/value

I have no idea what "dolphin eyes" means - my eyes literally look like dolphin eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    If you're in the situation where you have two types which both sound kind of true, you should start to compare them directly. Look at the quadras, which one seems more like your 'group' of people? You can also take a look at the other small groups like clubs or Temperaments. Then, you can compare all of the Reinin dichotomies (you can find them here: Link) or even better: if you don't know they yet in detail, just read the descriptions and then answer them all regardless of types and then compare it with the existing combinations. I don't know if you are already familiar with the socionics terms, but you can also take a look at the 'hidden agenda' (the 6th function) and the 'point of least resistance' (aka polr, the 4th function). I think this will give you more clues what your actual type is.

PS: If I may say so, you're really pretty. Otherwise I can't say much about how you VI.

Thanks for the info.......I'm still becoming acquainted with the quadras....I'm not really sure what distinguishes the groups, outside of the cognitive functions.

I'm finding the Deltas kind of stiff so far, but then I am not exactly a "relaxed" person. I can appear relaxed to the casual observer IRL though.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

T > F again, maybe.
    Don't you mean the opposite here?

Although quadra attitudes are very interesting, they're IMO not understood and taken too literally, unless having a baggage of correct typings. Stereotypes and prejudice, that's what they become, causing a lot of mistypings IME.
    Sure, but they are still a part of your type and are an integral part of your intertype relations.

@OrangeAppled:
    I don't know if this is a good approach, but I read the descriptions of all functions at Wikisocion. And then I thought about which one I value. That means it's vs. , vs. and so on. Maybe you find one function you put high value in, like in my own case. I thought I'd be ILI at the beginning, but then I realised that I'm probably a -type rather than . However, self-typings can be very fluctuant, it's almost normal to doubt your choice after a while.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither....I'm spacey & hermit-like . Neither the social sphere nor business sphere suits me. At work, I am a "let's get to the point" kind of person. I generally don't like having to schmooze. It feels phony & I really just don't care. I have no interest in developing friendships with people I work with.

In personal relationships, I like banter, but at a certain point need meatier conversation. I think a balance is good of serious/playful. I'm probably more of a serious person overall though.
    You are a logical type.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TBy "Fe" I mean extroverted feeling:
    I understood that, i mean how do you believe manifests itself and why not in you?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    I understood that, i mean how do you believe manifests itself and why not in you?
    I think I explained that in another post in this thread....if you need more clarification, then I can possibly expand on what I've written, but the basics are covered.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamma, most likely Ni-INTp.

On a side note, you look rather charismatic in the photo.