Thread: I just wanna know my type for sure! Please help

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I just wanna know my type for sure! Please help

Hey guys so I'm having an identity crisis..please help if you can.
    Not really, but you get what i mean.

So... I typed as an ENFP and I'm having doubts.
    I read about and meet ENFPs in my life and always start doubting who I type as from that.
    They talk much faster and process things in general much faster than I do. I am not an "immediate person" and find myself having EXTREMELY slow reaction time to everything. I'm always taking in what people say slower than others and find myself always having to play catch-up. I find myself getting overwhelmed being around those who act stereotypically ENFP-like and get a bit sad because I cannot give them the verbal-sparring or immediacy in my reactions that I know they want. I like to talk about one solid thing for a long while and I quickly get frustrated when people change subjects or talk about something in a shallow manner when I always want to delve in further. I could literally talk about something for hours if I find it engaging enough.
    In addition, the self-importance that ENFPs have (not in a negative way) I do not possess. I don't identify with having a vivid personality myself and am usually a chameleon with people. On my own, I am very analytical until I sense that someone is more playful and am able to be charming. But generally I like to talk about theoretical subjects and I like to learn from people and always find it fun to find out a lot of information about people (how they are, where they are from, why they act the way they do).

With theoretical subjects, I find myself not Ne oriented. I've realized that, being a Philosophy major, I am so interested in learning about the essence of what each person said/their ideas but I find it extremely annoying and pointless when people challenge the beliefs, because they are already established and I think that everybody has their own beliefs and they shouldn't view it as something they follow but only as intellectual. (I hope that made sense). I don't enjoy sitting in class hearing people try to prove the theories as incorrect or not valid, I find it much more interesting to just learn about them without putting a direct judgement on the theory. Maybe I'm mixing up what Ne is but wouldn't I not be bothered from that?

I also enjoy things that make me think differently. I enjoy the Twilight Zone/Black Mirror/Forensic Files (basically shows that contribute to my paranoia lol) because they change my outlook on things and make me think. I do not enjoy sci-fi so much on its own if it's not making me think.

I feel like I am definitely not what I think I am. If you need me to answer a questionnaire let me know, I would rather not post a video.

Thanks for the help if anyone decides to answer!
    Cheers

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you talking about socionics or MBTI? Nothing here is recognizable as socionics.

Quote Originally Posted by sockpuppet View Post
    With theoretical subjects, I find myself not Ne oriented. I've realized that, being a Philosophy major, I am so interested in learning about the essence of what each person said/their ideas but I find it extremely annoying and pointless when people challenge the beliefs, because they are already established and I think that everybody has their own beliefs and they shouldn't view it as something they follow but only as intellectual. (I hope that made sense). I don't enjoy sitting in class hearing people try to prove the theories as incorrect or not valid, I find it much more interesting to just learn about them without putting a direct judgement on the theory. Maybe I'm mixing up what Ne is but wouldn't I not be bothered from that?
    That's not what Ne is, that's Ti. This attitude makes perfect sense for IEEs, a type that has weak and unvalued Ti and valued Ne. Of course this doesn't mean you are necessarily IEE though.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In addition, the self-importance that ENFPs have (not in a negative way) I do not possess. I don't identify with having a vivid personality myself and am usually a chameleon with people. On my own, I am very analytical until I sense that someone is more playful and am able to be charming. But generally I like to talk about theoretical subjects and I like to learn from people and always find it fun to find out a lot of information about people (how they are, where they are from, why they act the way they do).

I also enjoy things that make me think differently.
    I was in the same situation as you until @Myst helped me

One of the things that changed my mind about IEE to EIE (in case you are considering EIE type as a possibility)
    Wikisocion EIE domain : http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=EIE_domain

In case you just want to know if you are not IEE
    - read some IEE-SLI dual descriptions
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...e_Psychologist
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...Stratiyevskaya
    (last one is not fully translated)
    - ask yourself: Do you know any SLI oder LSI (Or Si-dom/Ti-dom). How do you get along with them. With whom do you get along better and why?

When I saw this thread:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ooms-To-Enjoya
    I knew I wasn't Delta. lol. Not my kind of rooms.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I didn't understand the part where you said you hope that made sense, rephrase a bit? You mean reading up on philosophy for intellectual stimulation but not taking the beliefs in it too seriously otherwise?

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell me about yourself?
    I study studio art and philosophy. I am always drawn to the idea of subjects and I want to have my hands in everything. I get frustrated, though, as I drop them fairly quickly after the reality sinks in. I am not good with follow through, not at all. I love every subject until I have to learn details about it, then my brain kind of just shuts off and i tell myself that something else may be more interesting. I am very content to get the "point" of everything and don't really have much of an interest in getting more than the gist.

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?
    I am currently working at a library. I am a student as I stated earlier, so this is just a job to get me by so I can buy fun stuff for myself lol.

What are your values, and why?
    I want people to be themselves and to be honest. I value altruism. I value doing what you truly desire and to be given the freedom to do so. I think living align to your authentic self is the most important thing unless it harms others; I believe that when we do that, we are able to make true progress.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?
    I go to school, prepare food ( I try to be healthy but I fail miserably) and I watch a lot of shows in between to escape from all of the monotony. Sometime I go to work, sometimes not. Sometimes I'll go out to a bar with friends, sometimes not.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?
    I treat friendships and romantic relationships the same and am often really guarded and protective of myself until I know I can trust them. I wish I were more open sometimes but I'm not. There is a huge difference between how I act with a person I trust and a person I don't. ( I mean this can be said for practically anyone but still)
    I look for honesty and openness. I appreciate people that make me feel welcome and like my presence is appreciated. I look for patient people that are willing to listen and try to understand where I'm coming from. I look for people that say what they mean and mean what they say. I enjoy being around people that enjoy life and can make small, everyday things an adventure. I enjoy playfulness and people that can laugh at themselves. I look for people that can hold an intellectual conversation and are willing to go wherever the conversation takes them.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?
    Can't remember, honestly. I really avoid conflict if I can. All of my conflicts are pretty much inner-conflicts lol. What happens on a regular basis is I'm doing dishes for my roommate because she never does them or I'm trying to do something to help others but I'm also really bad at explaining myself so people get confused at what I'm doing and usually get frustrated with me because I do everything in a roundabout way.

How would your friends describe you?
    My friends would describe me as the one that wants to ask abstract questions always or turns everything into a philosophical problem. I think they are always annoyed by it lol. They also would probably say I'm bubbly and always the goofy-one. This is when I trust you, though. I like being the one that people poke fun at (playfully of course).

What do people generally see as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    I am calculated and know really well how to create situations out of thin air. I can plant seeds wherever I go and tell someone something that I know will eventually create something weeks later. I also can get along with a lot of different types of people, if I choose to engage. I like that I am able to think deeply about things. I like that I am good at dealing with people on a personal basis.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I would love to be more outspoken. I have many thoughts I hold back and I am terrified that I will never share all of the thoughts I want to share.
    I am always told that I need to stick up for myself more. I need to be more assertive. I need to be more confident, etc. Blech fuck that who needs confidence

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I need help taking care of myself. I NEED it. I get too lazy to do shit and often need deadlines to actually get anything done.
    I can manage people well. I am good at getting along with people but I'm never a good manager because I can never be the superior or the one to implement structure. I don't like telling people what to do, I'd rather get to know them and be friends with them.

What things do you find to be a chore? What things do you enjoy more than others?
    Cooking is always a chore. Cleaning my room. Daily maintenance. I am lazy with self-care as well (sorry if that's TMI).
    I enjoy escaping with shows and talking to people about interestingish things.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?
    I want to have a job that makes me happy and satisfied (meaning it's challenging and doesn't bore me over time).
    I want to be in a meaningful relationship; I don't care about marriage but I do want kids. I want simplicity. I have pretty much always had these priorities.

If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?
    I'd take a boyfriend to far away places and travel. I would ideally move so I could be apart of many different organizations and spend my life helping people in some way.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?
    I enjoy people that are oblivious to social cues or are honest and awkward. I hate aggression. I never take abrasive language well.

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?
    I buy things, like I have wall hangings and a house plant. I don't keep up with it well, though. I suck at chores. I do things outside my room to keep the common space tidy but my room is a shit-show.

How do you behave around strangers?
    I give what you give. I will always mirror what is given to me. Rarely will I feel comfortable enough to just talk and not consider the person I am talking to.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?
    I close up. I get quiet and retreat to my room or take a walk. I don't like open conflict and don't deal with it well.

What is one common misconception that people have? Explain why it is wrong.
    I don't believe I have the right to tell anyone that their beliefs are wrong?

What did you do last Friday?
    I went out to a bar with my friend.

If you are doing a video you can stop here and/or choose from the rest of the questions as you like.

What is your biggest accomplishment?
    Nothing, lol I'm just living in this work in progress.

What is something you regret?
    I always put my foot in my mouth and have bad timing. I usually don't say truly hurtful things that would damage a person. I've done stupid small things that I regret like saying that a Policeman is probably going to get donuts nearby his car. lolol

Who do you admire, and why?
    I admire people that have confidence in their convictions and have the ability to let people know they want something. I am pretty cowardly about things.

What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?
    I perpetually worried that I am a screw up. I don't think that I have the presence to create my own life the way I want it to be. I quit things too often (jobs, projects) and want to stick with something and have the courage to genuinely try and fail.

What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and why do you hold them?
    I am interested in spirituality of all kinds. I don't think I have any clear-cut beliefs about it, though.

What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics
    ?
    I am as liberal as it gets. I care about politics but I'm not out protesting anywhere even though my country is shit right now.

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?
    I hope to be my own boss eventually. Not sure about any of it. I'll let ya know in a few years.

What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?
    Calm environments that aren't rule-oriented or overly structured. I look for friendly people.

What is or was your favorite school subject and why?
    I have always liked studio art growing up.

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?
    I don't enjoy having too much responsibility on my hands. I would rather someone tell me what to do. I expect that people do what they know they are supposed to do, it's not that hard to get things done.

Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?
    I went somewhere relatively local for a few days. Went antiquing and just observed the area by walking around. I like seeing new environments, it always gives me a fresh perspective.

What were you like as a kid? How have you changed since you were a child?
    I used to be much more emotionally open. I have closed off a lot because people used to always call me sensitive. I used to be 10000x more vulnerable. I also feel like I've developed a stronger sense of individuality and independence. i was a fairly rebellious kid and I am more complacent now.

What was your high school experience like?
    Ew.

Talk about a significant event from your life.
    I ditched a friend group that was completely toxic because they made fun of me for being quirky behind my back.
    First time I realized that they were literally threatened by me being different. Decided then and there to align with who I am as much as possible with people because I have nothing to be ashamed of just because I have a weird sense of humor and don't act like a complete follower.

Do you like kids? Why or why not?
    Yes, because they are wonderful and inspiring.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    I want them to realize that they are accepted for who they are. I was always told that my interests were boring and that I analyzed things too much. I want them to know that their thoughts and feelings are always valid.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    I feel stuck when I am stagnant and not learning anything new from a situation. I usually drop it then. Or I go find new information.

How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    People are all made up of different interesting variables that we can bring to the table. I consider it a social problem to not accept someone because they are slightly different. I find most people shallow.

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?
    I usually change the situation so it's a compromise or I change my mindset.

Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?
    Meh, I'd rather not. I'm too laid back.

How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry?
    I get angry when people are intolerant of me and other people. I do not get angry, often though. I am almost never situationally angry, it is more of a color I see in everything when I am in that state of mind.

What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week?
    I started classes again so I'm busy again and it's nice.

What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?
    Nada

What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life?
    The purpose of life is to contribute to other lives. Be better than those that came before you. Learn and love everything. Don't be a hog and actually give when you can.

What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?
    I loved Sweden and I loved the cities outside of stockholm. I love swedish culture. The environment is beautiful and so are the people.

How do you dress or manage your appearance?
    I am extremely inconsistent. I dress either extremely well or look like a complete bum.

Do you like surprises?
    Yes! But I also like boundaries.

Is there anything else important about you that we should know?
    I often feel like I don't have the ability to pull out facts like everyone else can. When I am put on the spot I freak out and can only concentrate on the fact that I am under pressure. I am not calm internally. I like to have my ideas prepared. I like to have solitary time to prepare myself for things. I get nervous easily. I dont like doing things 100% on the fly.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@thehotelambush Thank you, I was thinking it may be Ti PolR too

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Myst Exactly. Like it's an idea alone. These are also outdated theories in my mind so it makes no sense to challenge. In the same sense, I really don't like when people try to convince me to believe what they believe.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Horatio my favorite part is how you knew based on the rooms lmfao I love it

Thank you!!!
    Very helpful

I don't think I'm an Fe leading
    I could see IEI if IEE is a no go
    but not EIE I'm definitely not a j

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Horatio my favorite part is how you knew based on the rooms lmfao I love it

Thank you!!!
    Very helpful

I don't think I'm an Fe leading
    I could see IEI if IEE is a no go
    but not EIE I'm definitely not a j

Alright Glad I could help a bit.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Myst are you picking up anything from the questionnaire at all?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting SEI vibes

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Myst are you picking up anything from the questionnaire at all?
    IEI? Slow consideration of things compared to the Ne base types (introversion) and lack of ability to pull out facts (Te PoLR?).

This also goes against the Fi creative: "In addition, the self-importance that ENFPs have (not in a negative way) I do not possess".

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I don't see any personal issues with IEE. This for instance:

(...)

Sounds pretty IEE, imo. But then again, a lot of what you said could also fit with IEI.
    I don't see why that's not Ni about planting seeds to have something happen later. Being calculated is a Ni thing, too.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Myst I almost feel like it would be more Fe creative, which is why I'm thinking IEI.

Also I'm realizing that my main problems are all from having very low Se.
    I fear constantly not being able to speak up when it's most important and freezing under pressure.
    I have low sensing period and struggle to take care of myself but I think I always wish someone would just force me to live my life more and be present rather than someone that tells me constantly to sit and focus on my body.

I'm also struggling because I want peace. I am always searching for peace and I cannot tell if it's Ti or Si.
    I want peace of mind and for things to just not make me doubt and worry. I want to find something that is "me" and what I mean by that is something that is like a defining quality and that I can focus on, rather than being endlessly scatter-brained and dropping hobbies/things etc.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also thanks so much for all of your replies!

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Horatio the more I read about the quadras the more conflicted I get.
    I feel as though I've looked at this stuff to much in a close period of time that it just looks like a clusterfuck of nonsense. lol
    I find the "taking care" Si-related relationships endearing, genuinely. But I also have difficulty being openly mushy like that.
    I enjoy someone that wants to joke around more. I appreciate someone that has a lighter quality but I also love when someone cares about my needs?? :/
    Why is this confusing for me lol

-___-

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I am more focused than an ENFP. I'm definitely more outwardly calm. I contemplated EII as well but I have also known a lot of EIIs and can only spend a limited time with them because they don't ask about me and we just endlessly talk about their thoughts and their feelings. I get sick of it within a few hours.

Also, last but not least I find that I always end up watching type videos by Ti users and get impatient at how long Te users take to describe things. It confuses me.
    I love watching Looney Deliria and I used to LOVE EJ Arendee

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@phantombride
    why?interesting

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I think I am more focused than an ENFP. I'm definitely more outwardly calm. I contemplated EII as well but I have also known a lot of EIIs and can only spend a limited time with them because they don't ask about me and we just endlessly talk about their thoughts and their feelings. I get sick of it within a few hours.

Also, last but not least I find that I always end up watching type videos by Ti users and get impatient at how long Te users take to describe things. It confuses me.
    I love watching Looney Deliria and I used to LOVE EJ Arendee
    So you've already picked a type...

I feel as though I've looked at this stuff to much in a close period of time that it just looks like a clusterfuck of nonsense. lol
    I find the "taking care" Si-related relationships endearing, genuinely. But I also have difficulty being openly mushy like that.
    I enjoy someone that wants to joke around more. I appreciate someone that has a lighter quality but I also love when someone cares about my needs?? :/

-___-
    Because quadra values when put in that too general way can be interpreted in more than one way.

Did I say anything about Ni? I said IEI also works as a possibility too.
    Then I don't see what was IEE to you in the quote you commented on as being pretty IEE. I know you said IEI works as a second possibility. IMO, it's the main possibility, not IEE.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@phantombride
    why?interesting
    Nvm, that was when I woke up and didn't have coffee yet. Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I've tried to put together a little thingy-mabobber:

"I am always drawn to the idea of subjects and I want to have my hands in everything” - Ne valuing

"I think living align to your authentic self is the most important thing unless it harms others” - There’s your Si

So we have an Alpha or Delta on our hands…let’s continue

"I treat friendships and romantic relationships the same and am often really guarded and protective of myself until I know I can trust them” Fi valuing

"I look for honesty and openness” - There’s this constant valuing of honesty, so this confirms an Integrity-Seeking type (Delta/Gamma)

So we have a Delta

"tell someone something that I know will eventually create something weeks later” - A bit of Ni here

We have a Delta NF, and taking into account your need for 'putting a pin in everything', I'd say EP temperament.

I think IEE works well

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

-___-
    To make it simple I'd imagine the quadras like a high school cafeteria.

Alpha- The eccentric academic kids who are always attending school/community sponsored events.
    Beta- The jocky, boisterous kids who always talk about football and getting laid.
    Gamma- The serious kids who keep to their inner circles and no one dares mess with.
    Delta- The "fuck this place I'd rather be at home" kids.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

-___-
    These are very common values, so your description fits most people. I don't mean to sound rude. Of course you have values and ideas that are more detailed but hard to put in words. There are some that you are not even aware of yet. That comes with time.

One of the best ways to find out more about oneself is to channel the focus from your inner life and thoughts to other people and investigate their behavior and values. That's a longer process but sooner or later you'll have a more detailed perception of what you appreciate in yourself, people and an individual. Not just as a friend, but someone who you can get used to on a long run. Because he or she has qualities that you not just admire but need and vice versa.

Reading those descriptions is like reading a "wet paint" sign on the wall. Most people will touch the wall to be sure, anyway. So to be sure reading won't give you much. You also have to experience the reality behind the theory and build your own understanding.

Like Ares who posted the high school Quadra examples

(In case I was to vague: I just gave a metaphorical kick in the butt. Go outside and meet actual people. Take notes like a stalker if necessary )
    Last edited by Cosmic Teapot; 02-08-2017 at 09:05 PM.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Horatio no you're 100% right. wasn't rude at all.
    i think that's why i'm frustrated is because it is all based on values that we all have at times. You weren't too vague at all btw I love vague!
    What @Myst said was extremely helpful. I think I needed to just look at certain facts that I've been ignoring. I literally did choose a type in my mind but I think to an extent wanted someone to remind me of that, or to make it clear.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Starfall I'll give an example. I have two friends that recently got together. I knew one liked the other. So I obnoxiously went to the other and had a casual conversation with him. I eventually slipped in, "so what do you think about __?" He asked why and I plainly said that I was just curious. I knew he would then think about it and start questioning his relationship with her. They eventually started talking more and boooom.
    But that's just an example
    I love doing stuff like that

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Admiral Allahu Ackbar

I love it. Thank you. That was so helpful and concise.
    I'm definitely not an alpha.
    I value a merry atmosphere too much to be a delta/gamma. I prefer to be serious only when something important needs to be discussed.
    I also feel like I want someone that pushes me to leave my house not that comes and stays with me inside.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@phantombride I don't mean to be difficult and I like your feedback. But, to an extent don't we all want honesty from our friends?

Plus I've realized I'm much more competitive than Delta's I know. The more I think about it I always get jealous at how not worried Deltas seem. I'm not like that. I'm neurotic af and like to be on time to things/etc.
    I think I'm Ip tbh.
    I've struggled for awhile because I can be very social. I really can.
    But I need a ton of alone time. Much more than any extrovert I know.

All of the ENFps I know are extremely into politics and have much more of an awareness of world issues. I am largely in my head and don't know a lot of current events even though I would like to. I get flustered because the news is always changing so I hardly see the point in being hyper aware when it will probably be something else in a few days. It's going to happen regardless.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@phantombride I don't mean to be difficult and I like your feedback. But, to an extent don't we all want honesty from our friends?

Plus I've realized I'm much more competitive than Delta's I know. The more I think about it I always get jealous at how not worried Deltas seem. I'm not like that. I'm neurotic af and like to be on time to things/etc.
    I think I'm Ip tbh.
    I've struggled for awhile because I can be very social. I really can.
    But I need a ton of alone time. Much more than any extrovert I know.

All of the ENFps I know are extremely into politics and have much more of an awareness of world issues. I am largely in my head and don't know a lot of current events even though I would like to. I get flustered because the news is always changing so I hardly see the point in being hyper aware when it will probably be something else in a few days. It's going to happen regardless.
    Yes, but that’s not the point I was trying to make. It was the fact that honesty seemed to be a constant theme for you. It’s not that some people don’t like honesty, but they may focus on wanting something else from a partner instead. “Push me to succeed”, “Help explain things to me”, etc.

Competition is more of an Se-valuing trait, and it would seem fitting if it wasn’t 1D (Vulnerable or Dual-Seeking) for you.

How is your perception of time? What makes you feel like you are not good at keeping track of it?

Politics ring especially Beta to me, maybe Gamma. I can see Deltas caring about it but I really don’t think they are the ones to be preaching about it to their friends and what not…

What makes you think things will happen regardless?

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@phantombride okay so i'm only proving further and further IEE lol
    makes sense..
    that's good then!

I live my life by time. I actually never start things because I'm always afraid of not having enough time for it. I start in a physical way but not in a mental way... I hope that makes sense. I don't fully invest in things because I never want to drain my energy. I'm always savoring my energy because I'm waiting for the one thing to really but my time into.

I keep track of time but I see it as this passing thing. I pay most attention to things not truly lasting and eventually ending so I end up half-assing everything because of it

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Starfall okay well that's a great distinction. Thank you! Knowing that I can pretty much decide IEE

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Because they self type as IEE and I was pointing out that that behavior is not uncommon for IEE, though it could very well go for IEI as well, so it's not cut in stone.
    OK.

"I can plant seeds wherever I go and tell someone something that I know will eventually create something weeks later."

I took that as them easily being able to inspire people about new ideas that they know will work for them, but I could have interpreted that wrong. Maybe @sockpuppet can clarify.
    The seeds and the language about time made me think of Ni and there was nothing about inspiration about new ideas. But ok, it's an ambiguous enough statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Allahu Ackbar View Post
    To make it simple I'd imagine the quadras like a high school cafeteria.

Alpha- The eccentric academic kids who are always attending school/community sponsored events.
    Beta- The jocky, boisterous kids who always talk about football and getting laid.
    Gamma- The serious kids who keep to their inner circles and no one dares mess with.
    Delta- The "fuck this place I'd rather be at home" kids.
    I'd be Gamma then the way I was in middle and high school. Except if someone initiated in a good way I would easily get into interaction with people I didn't know all that well or anything. So that's where the Beta side would show.

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    Reading those descriptions is like reading a "wet paint" sign on the wall. Most people will touch the wall to be sure, anyway. So to be sure reading won't give you much. You also have to experience the reality behind the theory and build your own understanding. (...)
    I don't touch it lol.

Btw I 100% agree with your advice here. You are taking thoughts from my head or something

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

What @Myst said was extremely helpful. I think I needed to just look at certain facts that I've been ignoring. I literally did choose a type in my mind but I think to an extent wanted someone to remind me of that, or to make it clear.
    You say this then you say:

@Starfall okay well that's a great distinction. Thank you! Knowing that I can pretty much decide IEE
    Just be IEE then, this running around... isn't Ni base. :eyeroll:

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL there ya go
    okay
    IEE it is.
    thanks for your help everyone!

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consider IEI.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Omg and the cycle restarts.

Whatever type @sockpuppet is, it isn't IEI or any Ni base type. If not IEE, fine, but it's definitely not IxI. Far too easily and hastily catching onto new possibilities for that.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@crazymaisy @Myst
    what are basic observational differences between SEE and IEE?
    wondering if i may just have REALLY underdeveloped Se because i live with Ni users

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@crazymaisy @Myst
    what are basic observational differences between SEE and IEE?
    wondering if i may just have REALLY underdeveloped Se because i live with Ni users
    It doesn't really work like that with "underdeveloped" Ego function.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean? Would you mind explaining? @Myst

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

What do you mean? Would you mind explaining? @Myst
    You cannot NOT use your Ego functions.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay lol fairly obvious I suppose.
    Thanks for all of your help!
    As much as I keep questioning it I guess IEE is the most plausible type for me, given that all of my answers seem to point to it

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely see that your answers to your questions have parts that match my internal definition of Fi. Besides that, I don't really know, as I have yet to come up with a good definition for anything else in my own words. I want to make it in my own words, because that means I understand it.

As to why Fi, I've gotten the idea that you don't place the biggest effort on making others feel whatever you want them to. Instead you care more about your own emotions, although I consider it my expression of 'self'. People with Fi are generally more interested in making close connections between things. These connections can be considered spiritual, but I tend to think they are purely biological. For example, music makes me feel an emotional high sometimes. I assume something would do the same for you, such as exploration.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast