Thread: Si role or Si polr??

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Si role or Si polr??

i was thinking iei for this person but i'm now considering eie.

- for several years has been committed to getting at least one hour of exercise a day because they feel better when they do. talented athlete (tennis, yoga, running)

- often wears the same clothes so they don't have to think much about it

- is attractive or at least not ugly by any conventional standard but hates looking in the mirror so much they took out the rearview in their car.

- shy, with sporadic boldness. seems to highly prefer to not take the lead.

- keeps pretty busy with athletic and artistic endeavors but spends a lot of time doing things alone (goes camping by themselves, goes on vacation by themselves and spends much of the time reading/staying inside)

- expresses interest in mainstream socializing things like bar etiquette and dudebro culture. not pretentiously or sadly, but genuinely being apart from it but curious and wanting to understand.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs

- for several years has been committed to getting at least one hour of exercise a day because they feel better when they do. talented athlete (tennis, yoga, running)
    I do this. The rest idk.

I also do a lot of (exploring-related) things by myself, but not because I want to, simply because I can't find anyone that wants to come with me, people are either fucking lazy (sat-sun doing nothing) or workaholic (sat-sun busy with work).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i was thinking iei for this person but i'm now considering eie.

- often wears the same clothes so they don't have to think much about it

- is attractive or at least not ugly by any conventional standard but hates looking in the mirror so much they took out the rearview in their car.

- shy, with sporadic boldness. seems to highly prefer to not take the lead.

- keeps pretty busy with athletic and artistic endeavors but spends a lot of time doing things alone (goes camping by themselves, goes on vacation by themselves and spends much of the time reading/staying inside)

- expresses interest in mainstream socializing things like bar etiquette and dudebro culture. not pretentiously or sadly, but genuinely being apart from it but curious and wanting to understand.
    Most of those could be true of Si role or polr, except:

is attractive or at least not ugly by any conventional standard but hates looking in the mirror so much they took out the rearview in their car.
    ^ That tips the scale toward Si polr, with Se hidden agenda helping out.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Supposedly Si role:

- never wear the same clothes twice in a row, very fussy about this kind of stuff
    - sometimes obsessive relation to mirrors
    - not athletic, but I like exercise; it's kind of fluctuating though: periods of being very intensively into it, then if busy with other things I can go even 1-2 months without. But normally it does make me feel good, I like it, it gives me more energy and stuff, I feel more into Se when I just lose myself in it.

I think Si polr folks are not really shy and don't mind taking the lead at all. Can be even controlling - couple Se HA with Je strict plans (and the need to take action to prevent change that may go in the wrong direction). But the way I see this Polr it's more like a preference for high-strung activities instead of homeostasis. A love for challenge and even struggle ("oh, really. Yes, I can do it. Just watch me"). I don't know about its relation to fashion and clothes ...my father usually received suggestions from my mother and I for cool clothes. Left on his own, maybe he wouldn't really dress like crap, but he wouldn't care much about style, colors, what fits what etc. By nature he's more like "whatever. it's comfortable". He is aware that even for social purposes, if not for your own taste it matters what you wear, but he has no talent of his own in this area.

I don't know what more to say , cause Si is the function I dislike most .... and here Socionics bewilders me a bit. Because one would expect the polr to be like that. But compared to people I know for sure to be E-NJs, I'm not always on the move and fidgety and my work rhythm is not constant: I have full-day times when I can work till exhaustion, but in-between I need some 'breaks'.