Thread: perceiving functions Q~

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default perceiving functions Q~

can anyone tell me what perceiving function this is using?

http://youtu.be/3wDyXcifW_s?t=6m19s

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extroverted Sensing.
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks, that what i suspected

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's a car it doesn't use any psychological functions...

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do that, and I am PoLR Se.

That is also positive Ne. (I give a sadface for Socionics being so ambiguous.)

Here is a cut and paste of I think Gulenko explaining Se from the point of view of a person experiencing it.

"Positive objective sensing (+ ). Form, fashion, appearance. Movement, action, activity. Skills. Will.

Inverse objective sensing (- ). Beautiful/ugly (judgment). Physical violence, danger."

But here is his description of a person subjectively experiencing Ne.

"Positive objective intuition (+ ). Integrity of the environment: everything is known from beginning to end; the world as if rolls on straight tracks; there is a schedule; the world is predictable, people are predictable, too.

Inverse objective intuition (- ). Infringement of the integrity of environment: unexpectedness, breach of schedule; the result of events is unpredictable, or an unexpected event."

The music is very +Ne - a sense of the predictable nature of the path, that everything is smooth running. It is 14 minutes of predicable turns, each action is prefaced by the "known-ness" of the experience. Think "whistle while you work." Now it gets harder. Alpha NTs do the Plus form of both Se and Ne. The Se is not valued but the Ne is. Sadface for Socionics...

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

what country is that? denmark? it looks nice.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm confused...I don't know much about plus and minus.
    Based on what I've learned so far I said Se.
    Armin van Buuren is IEI, by the way.

I know some Se egos who enjoy driving mountain roads like that with at least 80 km/h while listening to loud music. I enjoy that speed, too, but I prefer a completely empty Autobahn and a blue sky and then drive with 140 km/h, my motor is too weak for more.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    what country is that? denmark? it looks nice.
    Information for mercutio: There are no mountains in Denmark. I think, it looks like Austria, the Alps probably.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    Information for mercutio: There are no mountains in Denmark. I think, it looks like Austria, the Alps probably.
    well it is the other side of the world to me, and the houses made me think of denmark. and it looked it could snow there.

but yeah, i'm still trying to figure it out. apparently the more southern places are more mountainness, and i suppose not near water, so probably get colder than would be expected.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I'm confused...I don't know much about plus and minus.
    Based on what I've learned so far I said Se.
    Armin van Buuren is IEI, by the way.

I know some Se egos who enjoy driving mountain roads like that with at least 80 km/h while listening to loud music. I enjoy that speed, too, but I prefer a completely empty Autobahn and a blue sky and then drive with 140 km/h, my motor is too weak for more.
    the roads are really easy there from what i saw. the only caveat is they're not very wide. but i think 80 to 130k/hour would be appropriate for long straights / and hazardous areas.

i tried to find youtube videos near where i live, found something nearby, but terrible quality :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv71weEf47c
    Last edited by Satan; 03-17-2014 at 09:27 AM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the roads are really easy there from what i saw. the only caveat is they're not very wide. but i think 80 to 130k/hour would be appropriate for long straights / and hazardous areas.
    You absolutely have to drive on streets in the Black Forest. That's an experience. Especially in the back seat. Directly after having eaten a couple of cheeseburgers.
    Serpentine roads...can be a torture. Especially if they are slowly heading upwards, you have to be good at rear shifting or else you start rolling backwards or the motor just stops if it's not that strong.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well it is the other side of the world to me, and the houses made me think of denmark. and it looked it could snow there.

but yeah, i'm still trying to figure it out. apparently the more southern places are more mountainness, and i suppose not near water, so probably get colder than would be expected.
    It doesn't snow so much in Denmark, I think, due to the ocean. Sometimes everything is covered in frost though. Looks beautiful. I don't really know how the houses look like, only in the cities, they have these fancy big facades that hide the actual house.
    In Austria on the other hand you have many wooden houses similar to Alaska, I guess. With small windows.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

You absolutely have to drive on streets in the Black Forest. That's an experience. Especially in the back seat. Directly after having eaten a couple of cheeseburgers.
    Serpentine roads...can be a torture. Especially if they are slowly heading upwards, you have to be good at rear shifting or else you start rolling backwards or the motor just stops if it's not that strong.
    haha omg, i found a different video, and i am seriously wondering if at the start of video he was following my car, but it's not close enough to tell - no clear pictures

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFvmfTuW6PA

i don' think it was, because i don't think i went out on the date that it was recorded. but i can't remember for sure ;/

but my car looks pretty similar to the black one at start.
    Last edited by Satan; 03-17-2014 at 09:52 AM.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

heh, if i've bought groceries, they tend to roll around on corners if i'm not careful. but often when you're driving you don't really noitce. what's rear shifting?

like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bly3xz9Ofg

that kind of looks similar to new zealand.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

It doesn't snow so much in Denmark, I think, due to the ocean. Sometimes everything is covered in frost though. Looks beautiful. I don't really know how the houses look like, only in the cities, they have these fancy big facades that hide the actual house.
    In Austria on the other hand you have many wooden houses similar to Alaska, I guess. With small windows.

i don't really know anything about alaska

austria reminds me of the german/austrian village in peru. but i don't know anythinga bout austria in general

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ7S7oACyio at 1:40

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh, if i've bought groceries, they tend to roll around on corners if i'm not careful. but often when you're driving you don't really noitce. what's rear shifting?

like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bly3xz9Ofg

that kind of looks similar to new zealand.
    Can't watch the videos right now.

Oh, I meant gear shifting. Got the wrong letter...

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Can't watch the videos right now.

Oh, I meant gear shifting. Got the wrong letter...
    as long as you keep revs up you're fine. i hate it when stuck behind slow cars and have to use an easier gear. it's quite a common problem as videos show

but i love windy hilly roads. straights are so boring.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    The music is very +Ne - a sense of the predictable nature of the path, that everything is smooth running. It is 14 minutes of predicable turns, each action is prefaced by the "known-ness" of the experience. Think "whistle while you work." Now it gets harder. Alpha NTs do the Plus form of both Se and Ne. The Se is not valued but the Ne is. Sadface for Socionics...
    I agree with this though I still find a lot of +/- material to be confusing. My typing of Armin Van Buuren has been SEI-Fe so/sx 9. Though what stands out for me from his music the most is the expansive, light and breezy, almost wonderland-like feeling of the soc-9 rather than anything that has to do with functions.

The driving style did remind me of driving of a particular ILE-Ne.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    I agree with this though I still find a lot of +/- material to be confusing. My typing of Armin Van Buuren has been SEI-Fe so/sx 9. Though what stands out for me from his music the most is the expansive, light and breezy, almost wonderland-like feeling of the soc-9 rather than anything that has to do with functions.

The driving style did remind me of driving of a particular ILE-Ne.

i agree, his music is light and upbeat but also not quite the whistling while working that Sablestorm posted above. its more of enjoying the moment and experiencing the now rather than looking for something else that isn't here. For me its hard to slow down enough to be "in the moment" often so it helps when i have sensory things like audio and visual to impact the senses more and turn off whatever else is on my mind. the speed (even though its obviously sped up) also helps to be pulled into the moment and not much of a future based way about it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do that, and I am PoLR Se.

That is also positive Ne. (I give a sadface for Socionics being so ambiguous.)

Here is a cut and paste of I think Gulenko explaining Se from the point of view of a person experiencing it.

"Positive objective sensing (+ ). Form, fashion, appearance. Movement, action, activity. Skills. Will.

Inverse objective sensing (- ). Beautiful/ugly (judgment). Physical violence, danger."

But here is his description of a person subjectively experiencing Ne.

"Positive objective intuition (+ ). Integrity of the environment: everything is known from beginning to end; the world as if rolls on straight tracks; there is a schedule; the world is predictable, people are predictable, too.

Inverse objective intuition (- ). Infringement of the integrity of environment: unexpectedness, breach of schedule; the result of events is unpredictable, or an unexpected event."

Hmm so you're saying that Ne is when you're not immediately in the moment ("on tracks," "knownness") while Se is the spontaneous flitting about without any preparation? How can you differentiate between Se and Ne if they both supposedly do the exact same thing?

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne is about positive potential - Se is about the clarity of form.

Ne is seeing a box spring and realizing that you can catch toddlers falling out of 3 story buildings with it. So it is more like seeing things like a "Keystone caper" silent movie or like Charlie Chaplin playing with balloons. Se is more like doing stunts with a motorcycle. They are very similar but they do have a repressive relationship.

When Ne is experienced it feels like "the world is perfect" because of the perception of potential. It is not really the "known," as in having experienced before but the "perfection" that comes from an awareness that potential is actual.

Se is form, beauty, and extends into risk and movement, action, activity. Skills. Will. Physical violence, danger.

Thus you can see that driving can be either Ne or Se... I would imagine more violent driving is more Se, more casual driving is Ne.

Here is Ne driving: note the absence of any discussion of skill, will, risk and so on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mFoSpbhAOw

Here is Se driving (Listen to the driver interviews, note the focus on skill, will and risk...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D09yD0MN4Vg

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW! You explained that so well!

The traffic cameras are a bit annoying in the Black Forest, but otherwise, driving over there is definitely an adrenaline rush!

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you like this guy? Celebok? He is a bit more inhibited than you, more dorky and awkward, but he is still a pretty clear LSI.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Celebok

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne is about positive potential - Se is about the clarity of form.

Ne is seeing a box spring and realizing that you can catch toddlers falling out of 3 story buildings with it. So it is more like seeing things like a "Keystone caper" silent movie or like Charlie Chaplin playing with balloons. Se is more like doing stunts with a motorcycle. They are very similar but they do have a repressive relationship.

When Ne is experienced it feels like "the world is perfect" because of the perception of potential. It is not really the "known," as in having experienced before but the "perfection" that comes from an awareness that potential is actual.

Se is form, beauty, and extends into risk and movement, action, activity. Skills. Will. Physical violence, danger.

Thus you can see that driving can be either Ne or Se... I would imagine more violent driving is more Se, more casual driving is Ne.

Here is Ne driving: note the absence of any discussion of skill, will, risk and so on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mFoSpbhAOw

Here is Se driving (Listen to the driver interviews, note the focus on skill, will and risk...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D09yD0MN4Vg
    Damn those Porsches are sexy.. but i do get a little tired of hearing him drone on and on about the "elegance" and each boring little detail between the 2 cars for ages. He seems more like he wants to just discuss the car rather than enjoy the driving experience.

The second video I can see is more focused on the driving, but it's also more of a documentary than showing actual driving experience - it's just talking about danger more.

I prefer a balance between the two, where you're not necessarily always unhappy because you can push everything a little more (shave .001 off your last time, open up the intake/exhaust a tiny bit more for a fraction more power), but yet you're not just doing a lecturing lesson where all you do is talk about each little detail.

Hence why I liked the original video I posted, it's just about getting lost in the driving experience, very engaging of the senses. No one having the explain every little thing, you can just see it yourself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, as other SLE's have said, you can appreciate the speed, rush and skill it takes to do something without actually wanting to do it. Some people don't think it's worth their death just to get an adrenaline rush.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akjohnny View Post
    Also, as other SLE's have said, you can appreciate the speed, rush and skill it takes to do something without actually wanting to do it. Some people don't think it's worth their death just to get an adrenaline rush.
    I think you would have to care about death to rationalize not doing something like that in the first place.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lifer View Post
    I think you would have to care about death to rationalize not doing something like that in the first place.
    you think SLE's don't consider risk? if you read about them or any description, it will say that they are calculated risk takers. meaning they will never attempt something that they haven't completely thought through and are confident they will be able to master. Many SLI's for example will never skydive because they will not put their life in the hands of a parachute which may fail. Just because they l ike the thrill/adrenaline rush of something doesn't mean they will kill themselves for it.