TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really want him to be an ESTj, does anyone else see it? @Maritsa

I think he's cute

It's funny because he talks about his girlfriend being a "gay man", and she is an INFj lol I also feel like this sometimes so it makes sense
    Last edited by Becca; 05-13-2014 at 01:25 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    I really want him to be an ESTj, does anyone else see it? @Maritsa

I think he's cute

It's funny because he talks about his girlfriend being a "gay man", and she is an INFj lol I also feel like this sometimes so it makes sense
    You've leared how to use "mention"

Yeah, he could be LSE.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    You've leared how to use "mention"

Yeah, he could be LSE.
    Yes I can now mention...but I'm bad at the other things like quoting people...I always copy and paste their name from the first paragraph, and then the end quote.
    I also do not know how to make a spoiler, not that I need to

I think he is LSE because he seems very protective of her, and he makes a lot of jokes that are silly and I get. He also has that quality of being adorable yet not realizing it... or maybe he does. I find that when you tell an LSE that they are great and amazing, they'll just say "I know...next." It's really funny

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I can now mention...but I'm bad at the other things like quoting people...I always copy and paste their name from the first paragraph, and then the end quote.
    quoting: I assume you meant when you wanted to divide smn else's words to address particular issues separately
    in such a case you have smn's nickname with a code in the front when you're editing the post, which looks like this (minus the stars ofc):

[*QUOTE=Becca;1017118*] text [*/quote*] <- so basically with the first part you just don't do anything with what is already visible as the beginning of a quote and to end quoting you type [*/quote*] without the stars and write your answer to this part of their post

then if you want to quote the rest of their post (that you still have below in the message window if you hadn't deleted it, you simply write:

[*quote*] their text [*/quote*] (everything without the stars) - so you just frame another part of their post without the code and it will look like this:

when it comes to making spoilers, you write without the stars:

[*spoiler*]part of the text that is supposed to be hidden or a link to a video photo, etc. [*/spoiler*]

If you want a spoiler to have a name instead of the word "spoiler", then you type it like this (minus the stars):

[*spoiler=title of the spoiler*]text[*/spoiler*]

so an example would be:

or

don't use extra signs such as , " ' etc. in the title of the spoiler cause it doesn't work properly then

that's it

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    quoting: I assume you meant when you wanted to divide smn else's words to address particular issues separately
    in such a case you have smn's nickname with a code in the front when you're editing the post, which looks like this (minus the stars ofc):

[*QUOTE=Becca;1017118*] text [*/quote*] <- so basically with the first part you just don't do anything with what is already visible as the beginning of a quote and to end quoting you type [*/quote*] without the stars and write your answer to this part of their post

then if you want to quote the rest of their post (that you still have below in the message window if you hadn't deleted it, you simply write:

[*quote*] their text [*/quote*] (everything without the stars) - so you just frame another part of their post without the code and it will look like this:

when it comes to making spoilers, you write without the stars:

[*spoiler*]part of the text that is supposed to be hidden or a link to a video photo, etc. [*/spoiler*]

If you want a spoiler to have a name instead of the word "spoiler", then you type it like this (minus the stars):

[*spoiler=title of the spoiler*]text[*/spoiler*]

so an example would be:

or

don't use extra signs such as , " ' etc. in the title of the spoiler cause it doesn't work properly then

that's it
    Lol Thanks soo much for the tutorial it's really that simple?
    Btw are you an INFj now, as originally? That's interesting that you're so unsure. I know I am INFj without question...I used to think I was extroverted, but that was my only question. I didn't really know myself I guess.
    But I had thought you were an ISTp... maybe from your avatar picture. But idk, maybe I would pose like that for a pic if I wanted to lol.
    My brother is an ISTp, and he really gets annoyed with me sometimes because he says I'm too...goody-goody you could say. I say he is too pleasure oriented sometimes...

But yeah I am realizing that all INFj's are different, and there are no two alike. It can depend on your upbringing, or your choice of behavior...and probably other things idk. But I think INFj's are smart, driven, and kind at their best

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol Thanks soo much for the tutorial it's really that simple?
    yeah, you're welcome

Btw are you an INFj now, as originally? That's interesting that you're so unsure. I know I am INFj without question...I used to think I was extroverted, but that was my only question. I didn't really know myself I guess.
    But I had thought you were an ISTp... maybe from your avatar picture. But idk, maybe I would pose like that for a pic if I wanted to lol.
    My brother is an ISTp, and he really gets annoyed with me sometimes because he says I'm too...goody-goody you could say. I say he is too pleasure oriented sometimes...

But yeah I am realizing that all INFj's are different, and there are no two alike. It can depend on your upbringing, or your choice of behavior...and probably other things idk. But I think INFj's are smart, driven, and kind at their best
    yeah, back to square one as INFj. I really think I am one. I asked someone trusted to VI me cause I was in doubt and they only confirmed. My mum is in all likeliness an SLI and I was under a strong pressure from my family to "become" SLI for quite a long time which led me to supressing my Ne and ending up using mainly Fi, Si and Te which can be confusing when it comes to typing I guess.
    One thing that kind of makes me think "not SLI" is how easily emotionally moved I get. I do my best not to show my emotions, especially among strangers, but it takes a tremendous toll one me, cause my eyes water when I hear beautiful music, hear about sth bad on tv, watch a moving scene - even if I only switched channels, etc. etc. The SLIs I know are sensitive people, but holding back their outward emotions is more effective in their cases.

There's a fair chance my husband is a SLI also, lol (despite testing as MBTI ENFP with very low % on NFP which confused the hell out of me... He's socially extroverted but his enneagram 9w8 describes him better than any of the ENFp descriptions... and he gets along with my mum very well (to the point of my dad saying that they are very similar to each other and it is true when it comes to many things about them), although it's clear that they're different subtypes. Whichever subtype he is - it's the one more compatible with me than my mum's lol. I'm still figuring him out, but I remember seeing @Galen write that he had a 9w8 SLI friend, who tested as ENFP in MBTI and I think this is most likely the case with my husband. I'm still figuring this out though. There's more to that and other ramblings in my typing thread, but I'm already derailing this thread too much.)

I've kind of been "shedding" my SLI clothes over the past couple of months... I've completely changed the course of my career path - back to the one of my initial choice instead of trying to fit in to others' expectations, which brought me no good. When I let my Ne work again it felt like releasing a part of me that I thought had died and I'd never see again. I know it sounds melodramatic, but I don't know how else to describe it tbh. It's good as long as I don't go "Ne" about my career plans in front of my parents (ESI and SLI). Then they just "shoot me down" and I kind of lose the momentum and self-confidence. Building it up is much easier when I don't spend too much time with them, which is difficult because they are an important part of my life.

I can very much relate to the goody-goody annoyance of your SLI brother towards you. Sth very similar was prominently visible in my relations with my mum when I was a teenager.

The avatar picture tends to throw people off on this forum, lol. I like this picture and I might have chosen as some kind of Se-PoLR overcompensation or sth
    The other "runners up" were marion-cotillard-russian-tatler-june-2010-8.jpg , brunette-hair-color-3-150x150.jpg and angelina_jolie___hair_by_joeleneybeaney-d38k6b4.gif

others I liked, but knew wouldn't use were:
    600full-marion-cotillard.jpg I absolutely love this pic, but after some interaction with some pretty nasty people in another forum I didn't feel like jumping out with an avatar stating - "hey look, I'm friendly, time to push my buttons"

aIp8D.png too sultry-looking, I don't want people to focus on this part of me

oZBX.jpg too vulnerable

mYorS.jpg wayyy too vulnerable

I've read of different ways of dealing with Se-PoLR, I guess in my case it's trying not to show others that I might sometimes be vulnerable. Maybe I'm overthinking this, but my dad's Se-creative and his life-advice probably has sth to do with this.
    Last edited by aisa; 05-15-2014 at 07:12 PM.

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    yeah, you're welcome

yeah, back to square one as INFj. I really think I am one. I asked someone trusted to VI me cause I was in doubt and they only confirmed. My mum is in all likeliness an SLI and I was under a strong pressure from my family to "become" SLI for quite a long time which led me to supressing my Ne and ending up using mainly Fi, Si and Te which can be confusing when it comes to typing I guess.
    One thing that kind of makes me think "not SLI" is how easily emotionally moved I get. I do my best not to show my emotions, especially among strangers, but it takes a tremendous toll one me, cause my eyes water when I hear beautiful music, hear about sth bad on tv, watch a moving scene - even if I only switched channels, etc. etc. The SLIs I know are sensitive people, but holding back their outward emotions is more effective in their cases.

I hear everything you said here, especially about suppressing Ne. My mom is my conflicter, and even I remember feeling frustrated with her even as a kid. Being that the people I grew up with did not validate my Ne, I would often run off somewhere and be alone because that was the only place I felt comfortable to be myself. I always felt different. Whenever I watch sad movies, I cry.
    Interesting story- My brother, ISTp, went through a lot growing up, and often took it out on me and hit me for no reason. One time, I hit him back without realizing how forceful, and he fell and started crying. My heart went out to him, and I tried to comfort him by patting his back. When his cries persisted, I said in the most gentle voice, "I know how you feel." He snapped his head up and said, "No you don't and you'll never know so shutup."
    That stabbed me like a knife and I never tried to speak like that again. I felt foolish and like he was rejecting me. It was rejecting me in the biggest sense, because that was all I wanted to do; to be there for someone. I still feel awkward thinking about it.

There's a fair chance my husband is a SLI also, lol (despite testing as MBTI ENFP with very low % on NFP which confused the hell out of me... He's socially extroverted but his enneagram 9w8 describes him better than any of the ENFp descriptions... and he gets along with my mum very well (to the point of my dad saying that they are very similar to each other and it is true when it comes to many things about them), although it's clear that they're different subtypes. Whichever subtype he is - it's the one more compatible with me than my mum's lol. I'm still figuring him out, but I remember seeing @Galen write that he had a 9w8 SLI friend, who tested as ENFP in MBTI and I think this is most likely the case with my husband. I'm still figuring this out though. There's more to that and other ramblings in my typing thread, but I'm already derailing this thread too much.)
    I find that typing my family and people close to me pretty easy, however people that I do not know personally or see on a daily basis is harder. Maybe I just have a "knack" for getting people? This is why I find it surprising that you do not know your husband's type. Can you see yourselves as activity partners? I am not good with the enneagram thing...I don't really trust in it. Seems kind of ambiguous.

I've kind of been "shedding" my SLI clothes over the past couple of months... I've completely changed the course of my career path - back to the one of my initial choice instead of trying to fit in to others' expectations, which brought me no good. When I let my Ne work again it felt like releasing a part of me that I thought had died and I'd never see again. I know it sounds melodramatic, but I don't know how else to describe it tbh. It's good as long as I don't go "Ne" about my career plans in front of my parents (ESI and SLI). Then they just "shoot me down" and I kind of lose the momentum and self-confidence. Building it up is much easier when I don't spend too much time with them, which is difficult because they are an important part of my life.
    Yayy I'm so proud of you!! I did that too since this past year, and it feels amazing. I can't pinpoint it being Ne, but it was something. Keep going!

I can very much relate to the goody-goody annoyance of your SLI brother towards you. Sth very similar was prominently visible in my relations with my mum when I was a teenager.

I see how your mother treated you and I am sorry to hear that you grew up like that. I wonder which is worse, growing up with a conflictor or activity mother.
    I hear what you say about her bashing your dreams, though it is not conscious of her. I've learned to deal with my mother by realizing that she truly wants what's best for me in her eyes, and sometimes I have to explain to her what I really want. Our relationship is fabulous, despite the differences. And when she compliments me, sometimes I see them as superficial compliments, but I take them. Such as "You always look pretty" or "You're very charming and smart." I know that she tries to find the good in me that she can see. I appreciate it. Knowing about socionics makes me realize what makes us the way we are, and I can look past a lot of things.
    Activity partners EII and SLI may be hard because you are both introverts... So there are more things unsaid? I'm just taking a guess.

The avatar picture tends to throw people off on this forum, lol. I like this picture and I might have chosen as some kind of Se-PoLR overcompensation or sth
    The other "runners up" were marion-cotillard-russian-tatler-june-2010-8.jpg , brunette-hair-color-3-150x150.jpg and angelina_jolie___hair_by_joeleneybeaney-d38k6b4.gif

others I liked, but knew wouldn't use were:
    600full-marion-cotillard.jpg I absolutely love this pic, but after some interaction with some pretty nasty people in another forum I didn't feel like jumping out with an avatar stating - "hey look, I'm friendly, time to push my buttons"

aIp8D.png too sultry-looking, I don't want people to focus on this part of me

oZBX.jpg too vulnerable

mYorS.jpg wayyy too vulnerable

I've read of different ways of dealing with Se-PoLR, I guess in my case it's trying not to show others that I might sometimes be vulnerable. Maybe I'm overthinking this, but my dad's Se-creative and his life-advice probably has sth to do with this.

Those last two pictures reminded me of myself. And I know what you mean about being "too friendly" and people taking advantage.
    I have had people describe me as fragile, and I do not like these descriptions because I know that I am strong inside. It's the Fi that makes us so open to others that feels rejection so much, so we try to hold it in. But holding back our Fi takes away from who we are...and doesn't let people get to know us. That is why INFj's are so private and look "cold and calculated" on the outside. But the minute we open up to people they could see how "vulnerable" we are. So we gotta be careful I guess.
    I've said too much