Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Types of Intelligence you are strongest in

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

specific intelligences could be defined as their ability to "process" types of information, hence mathematical intelligence could analyze and synthesize mathematical ideas (synthetic a priori judgements would be the technical term), quickly. "discrimination" would be the analytic part of that. other kinds of intelligence would likewise discriminate according to their objective, like emotions, spacial relations, linguistics, etc. numbers are very exact, their granularity is almost limitless but that makes discrimination easier in some sense because we can use methods to positively determine their status and do not need rely on pure "intelligence" in the same way, say, as basketball player must. this is probably how EIE can get great at math, but he's probably not going to win top mathlete when it comes down to calculating in real time, where its more like a basketball game

of course over a long enough time period EIE might be able to come up with something completely novel in mathematics, which could make far more of a mark then being a human calculator will, so I suppose it relies on criterion for judgement as well. if you really think about it the whole concept of specific intelligences is highly circular in that sense. there's as many types as goals we can posit, but really only one underlying factor--the ability to, all other things being equal (which they never are) do something faster.. roughly that would correspond to fluid intelligence (the all other factors being equal). but since nothing is ever totally equal crystallized intelligence becomes a meaningful measure and factor

in that sense the idea of there being multiple intelligences doesn't seem to be strictly speaking supported, except as a heuristic to talk in terms of "being fast at x domain"

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to test Raver posted:

4.43 Naturalist
    4.25 Kinesthetic
    4.00 Linguistic
    3.86 Spatial
    3.29 Intrapersonal
    3.00 Math
    2.71 Social
    2.29 Musical

I think this is more interests than intelligences. I could just as easily say (listed in above order):

I'm interested in the world around me
    I enjoy being active
    I like words, books and poetry
    I'm able to find my way around the world, mentally rotate objects, and draw
    I introspect and sometimes keep a journal
    Math is easy for me, but I'm not all that interested in it
    I'm able to interact with other people in the world but I'm not particularly social
    I can read music, play an instrument and enjoy listening to music sometimes but it's not a big part of my life

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My results:

4.86 Musical
    4.71 Math
    4.14 Intrapersonal
    3.71 Linguistic

The other intelligences (Spatial, Kinesthetic, Interpersonal and Naturalistic, in this order) are buried down under 2.50.

I agree with @squark. It is more of an "interest" matter than else. For example, I know that music, math, poetry and self-analysis are very important in my life, while I'm not much interested in nature or sport, just to name a few.
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I would say intelligence and interest are strongly linked, though not entirely.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    According to test Raver posted:

4.43 Naturalist
    4.25 Kinesthetic
    4.00 Linguistic
    3.86 Spatial
    3.29 Intrapersonal
    3.00 Math
    2.71 Social
    2.29 Musical

I think this is more interests than intelligences. I could just as easily say (listed in above order):

I'm interested in the world around me
    I enjoy being active
    I like words, books and poetry
    I'm able to find my way around the world, mentally rotate objects, and draw
    I introspect and sometimes keep a journal
    Math is easy for me, but I'm not all that interested in it
    I'm able to interact with other people in the world but I'm not particularly social
    I can read music, play an instrument and enjoy listening to music sometimes but it's not a big part of my life
    Yeah that test is pretty useless, they should ask questions about math, language etc and not personal assessment questions, but solvable questions which you can answer wrongly, you know, like a REAL test.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Yes, though I think there is a limit. From all Multiple intelligences, I find Mathematic intelligence the most discriminatory. You won't find an ExFx person who is particularly strong in that domain. Mathematical intelligence is strongly linked to , especially in combination with Intuition. All the other intelligences tend to be less cognition specific, apart from perhaps Kinesthetic intelligence and Interpersonal intelligence; it will be rare to find an xNxp who is particularly kinesthetically strong or an IxTx who is particularly interpersonally strong, but both are not as uncommon or (likely) impossible as a highly mathematically intelligent ExFx.

@idontgiveaf
    Well I'm good at math. Does that doesn't make me an FP user?!

I'm the source of my friends and they grateful to me because without me they will fail the math subject xD

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    Well I'm good at math. Does that doesn't make me an FP user?!

I'm the source of my friends and they grateful to me because without me they will fail the math subject xD
    No, considering what you posted in the j/p thread, you don't naturally have your mind on logical consistency in real life. That doesn't mean you can't do some specific tasks or skills well, that depends on more than type.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    No, considering what you posted in the j/p thread, you don't naturally have your mind on logical consistency in real life. That doesn't mean you can't do some specific tasks or skills well, that depends on more than type.
    Well, hmm.. Logical consistencies are boring anyways xD

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    Well, hmm.. Logical consistencies are boring anyways xD
    SEEs can be very good math or not. The way they can handle objects is a huge plus.

One example:
    SEE flunked at math but when he received financial problems on same topic those were done instantly.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    SEEs can be very good math or not. The way they can handle objects is a huge plus.

One example:
    SEE flunked at math but when he received financial problems on same topic those were done instantly.
    Lol motivation helps for sure. Or what did you mean by the way SEEs handle objects? Was that something on their way of thinking? Let me know.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol motivation helps for sure. Or what did you mean by the way SEEs handle objects? Was that something on their way of thinking? Let me know.
    I think they have really good way of thinking and imaging objects in space. Money is an object as well.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I think they have really good way of thinking and imaging objects in space. Money is an object as well.
    That's different from logic that's abstracted away from these concrete objects, tho'.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes. Hard to get exactly in their head.

Overall lots of people like to have concrete objects in their head. Probably helps in some way or motivates. I find it bit weird that some people might need visualization aids when it comes to fraction operations but it helps sometimes.

In 3D geometry that might become very useful. I have problems when it comes to object rotation.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ah I didn't see the test.

Musical-4.14
    Language-3.57
    Self-3.43

Social-3.29
    Kinesthetic-3.14
    Nature-3

Logic-2.29
    Spatial-1.43

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

One example:
    I never flunked at math. I'm always the highest in our class. like there would be two math geniuses, and I'm the only good at math, not a genius lol xD

And math is the subject i always get a highest score. Like A+

Sometimes, i don't take it seriously because it's boring to always get an A so i intentionally tries to not try harder..

Because probably i just wanna be normal like everyone else so i have the habit of limiting or hiding my hidden talents so that i can just be an average person and just relate with everyone

Because being in the top is boring 💤

And being in the middle is perfect 👌

It's not a mediocrity issues because i still do my best but not overly do it.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What does the antisocial part look like?
    Communication tends to be a bit stiff, doubtful. mainly due to lack of experience i guess, but still.
    Also people tend to view me as very stubborn in my views, very defensive when it comes to me defending my actions.
    I mean it's because I always think twice before I do something, I hesitate a lot, so if people criticise me I always have an explanation at the ready, and am willing to protect myself from criticism.
    Oftentimes though, the defending isnt needed and they are just trying to help, or it isnt necessary to tell them, or they just dont care why i did it wrongly, just that next time it shouldnt be. (often at work i experience this with my supervisors, managers).
    its funny because today i was in a really good mood, and it really showed off on my performance at work (im a waiter at a restaurant, so i have to deal with people all the time, delivering food, asking if everything is alright etc.). usually im a bit anxious, but today i was much more inclined to be my ''dry'' self, and twist things up with humor. (exaggerate my dryness, making me laugh at the situation and therefore smiling at the guests).

If you are looking for someone to show you better logic, that also points towards IEI>ILI.
    im not sure that if you are te polr that means you automatically look for better logic. I mean, as a logical person, everyone should be looking for better logic. Dont we all wanna know the truth? I know I would, whether I was ''ethical'' or not. As if ILIs don't look for clarifications in people smarter than them, or know more about a topic that interests them.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Number 9 large, ok, answering in your type thread

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, I would be definitely be very high in both Musical and Visual/Spatial intelligence, as these are essential traits for composition. I suspect that Interpersonal would be quite high as well. I am very sensitive to others' emotional states.

What would be low...maybe Logical/Mathematical, as I struggle to break things down sequentially. Definitely Intrapersonal because the self is my blind spot (EIE) and I usually need someone else to help me figure out what I really believe/value.

The others would be somewhere in the middle I suppose.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm strongest in spatial and musical, also existential, intrapersonal, logical, are ok, verbal, linguistic I would say average, even though I know 5 languages but I have trouble studying grammar (it is tedious and Ti related) but I am bad at naturalistic, Interpersonal, and kinesthetic, although I think I would get better by proper training.

I admire people with Intrapersonal intelligence, I knew a EII and a SLE, they were both good at it.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there's also a "sense of smell" intelligence. relating smells to colors and sounds or distinguishing between smells, finding similarities, remembering smells, etc. or is that related to kinesthetic intelligence? or maybe naturalistic?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234