Thread: 8 functions correlated with biological parameters for life

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About what labcoat said, he's trying to point at my association with Ba-Gua elements, don't worry. I also found that the principles which govern the human psyche are to be found elsewhere in the nature.
    Actually, no. I hadn't even noticed you posted in this thread or that had ever made a statement on the topic you mention (wherever you did). On the whole I spend very little time thinking about you and wouldn't mind keeping things that way.

lol. if you want to criticize please follow up with a suitable explanation. Otherwise your criticism is egocentric and worthless.
    in my experience you can apply socionics soundly to almost anything. we're dealing with fundamental logic, after all.
    1: life must consume and expend energy: Ne - why not Se? Consume refers to an animalistic top-dog/under-dog paradigm
    2: life must respond to changes in its environment: Se - sounds more like a Dynamic element
    3: life must maintain a homeostatic environment: Si - hm, ok.
    4: life must have a plan for its growth encoded in the form of DNA: Ni - plan and encoded could refer to something more Ti/Te ish.
    5: life must reproduce: Fi - could be argued to be more Si/Se ish.
    6: life must evolve and descend from previous life forms: Fe - any association with functions would be forced
    7: life must consist of a cell or cells: Te - ???? I'm phased. Same as the above
    8: life must be highly organized: Ti - ok, but Te should also work here

So, yeah. Your associations seem almost random.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    1: life must consume and expend energy: Ne - why not Se? Consume refers to an animalistic top-dog/under-dog paradigm
    Because consuming and expending energy is opportunistic and takes direction. There is the issue of intention. It's more of an active role to take.
    2: life must respond to changes in its environment: Se - sounds more like a Dynamic element
    It's really the same thing as when you hit a ball with a baseball bat. Responding to changes is reactive. The organism is afflicted with changes by the environment. Reactions are prescribed. In this sense the organism is static.
    3: life must maintain a homeostatic environment: Si - hm, ok.
    4: life must have a plan for its growth encoded in the form of DNA: Ni - plan and encoded could refer to something more Ti/Te ish.
    plan is Ni, plain and simple. it's a course of events. with DNA this plan is dynamic; its expression depends on environmental factors. the complexity of DNA does suggest Ti, but focusing on that aspect here is missing the essence of this point. Instead I delegate that to point 8.
    5: life must reproduce: Fi - could be argued to be more Si/Se ish.
    refer to the discussion we had up there about discriminatory conditions. I don't see where you're getting Si/Se, you'd have to explain
    6: life must evolve and descend from previous life forms: Fe - any association with functions would be forced
    inheritance and catharsis seem pretty easy associations to me. the point basically operates on tradition and expression.
    7: life must consist of a cell or cells: Te - ???? I'm phased. Same as the above
    consider a fact the same thing as a cell. it can be used as a building block, it can do work in the world. a cell emphasizes operation.
    8: life must be highly organized: Ti - ok, but Te should also work here
    no, this is a framework. Te is not a framework, it's more related to operation. If we looked inside the cell at all the parts, that is Ti. But if we consider it a cell; a discrete unit which performs tasks, that is Te.
    So, yeah. Your associations seem almost random.
    ^
    Last edited by crazedrat; 01-12-2010 at 02:11 PM.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe you're asking me to do such legwork for you. Get off my back already.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are being closed minded and it may be related to narcissism.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Probably, but are the biological parameters also universal enough to have very close matches?
    parameters for all life? Pretty universal. I duno, you decide. Maybe these parameters will be modified as we discover new life, but I suspect the operating principles will remain the same and only the wording of the parameters will change.
    Last edited by crazedrat; 01-12-2010 at 02:06 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess what I meant to say was the number of parameters could have easily been 6 or even 10, but it shouldn't matter all that much. I agree with most of the correlations anyway.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yet they are eight..
    Anyway, if they were 6 or 10, I'd apply my modified model of socionics to them

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuggin' sneaky Ni dominance!
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)