Hybrid View

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Te dual seeking/HA

What are some examples of Te dual seeking and Te HA? I think there are some threads regarding one of these or one of these blocked with a certain introverted perceiving function, but not one on differentiating whether Te is in slot 5 or slot 6 in model a. I think in general I am curious with the differences of these places, but currently with Te in these places.

In ESFps, I see a Te HA as a need for accuracy in facts whenever they want it, also knowing lots of facts seems to make them feel good. I am not sure of how I see Te dual seeking in IxFjs.. mostly I just see their strong Fi.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure that one manifestation Te dual seeking, at least in this INFj, is a tendency toward asking questions of explanation and clarification about topics I'm interested in and happily listening to answers. I'm even happier when I get answers without having to ask - provided they're applicable and desirable answers, that is.

I also recently realized that it probably explains my funny affinity for the "Did You Know?" sections of children's programs when I was a kid (even if I hated the rest of the show).
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I'm pretty sure that one manifestation Te dual seeking, at least in this INFj, is a tendency toward asking questions of explanation and clarification about topics I'm interested in and happily listening to answers. I'm even happier when I get answers without having to ask - provided they're applicable and desirable answers, that is.
    How then do you respond when you ask and receive a Ti explanation or clarification instead of a Te one?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    How then do you respond when you ask and receive a Ti explanation or clarification instead of a Te one?
    Like this:

o.O

No I don't know. It depends. Sometimes a Ti answer is what's needed, I'm sure. Other times not. It helps if the other person answering already knows what's required for the situation.

Maybe you could give me an example so I can give you a better answer?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Like this:

o.O

No I don't know. It depends. Sometimes a Ti answer is what's needed, I'm sure. Other times not. It helps if the other person answering already knows what's required for the situation.

Maybe you could give me an example so I can give you a better answer?
    I am not sure. How about you provide a question and then a variety of people will provide a response and then we can possibly see.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I have taken an ENTj's advice on investing because its something he is very good at, quite insightful in noticing trends, and so on (Ni type stuff). I wouldn't have taken his advice if he wasn't successful at it however, which is I suppose where the Te part comes in. Another ENTj used to give my ex advice on money-management actually, but I think I got more out of it than he did heh (easy to remember, simple stuff really, but may ultimately be why I have no real money issues, I soak good advice up and follow it and have since I was a little kid), and interestingly enough the one who was giving me investment advice is helping my ex now with his finances.

That's weird. . . I just thought of something. . . ahahaaha!! Oh funny, I'm going to have to rethink something.

But, I guess that's where I see Te seeking in myself, in that I will take in good advice/information and stick with it easily. I won't follow what I see as bad, uniformed, or hazy advice though obviously.
    And Diana has hit upon something that would seem to missing from the idea of -seeking: functions do not work entirely on their own, but naturally in pairs. In this case, it is blocked with .
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    I am not sure. How about you provide a question and then a variety of people will provide a response and then we can possibly see.
    Ok.

Hm, this is hard...

What's a question that could elicit both a Ti and a Te response?

Wait, I might have an idea...

Let's try this: What's the difference between capitalism and communism?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed that the Fi types I know often indirectly ask me to get information for them. And if they're in a complicated or overwhelming situation, especially financially, they talk to me about it and get my input on how to deal with it (and often assistance as well).

The most recent situation which comes to mind was a problem a Fi dominant I know had with her checking account. She had recently separated from her husband and found that right before they separated he had taken money out of the account without her knowing, and she ended up being overdrawn. Because she hadn't changed her address with the bank yet, she didn't even know that there was a problem with her account until after it had already been closed. There were a number of other factors as well, such as her check being directly deposited into the account (which no longer existed), and she was worried about her dad's credit score being affected because his name was on the account as well (she'd had it since she was a teenager). She didn't know the best way to deal with everything and didn't know where to even begin. I helped her find information on how to deal with the problems the best way, including prioritizing tasks and debts (she also had the bounced checks to deal with). This may not seem like all that complicated of a thing to figure out, but for someone who found all of that out in one morning and who doesn't know much more about how billing, credit, and banking systems work, it can be extremely stressful and overwhelming.

Not long before that, a Fi creative type I know was telling me about problems she was having with her mortgage company, and I gave her suggestions on how to get the information she needed in order to tackle the problem.

Sometimes it's on how to deal with a sticky interpersonal situation, but I ask them that kind of thing more than they do me. It's a different angle that each of us is looking for though of course, and I'm not sure how to explain the differences. I guess they're looking for things to point out to the other person, or strategies to use when someone's causing problems for them.

I guess the most typical things they come to me looking for input on are what to do in situations that involve borrowing/borrowed money, legal problems (even if it's just a mix up with the DMV), and just needing random information, I guess. I used to get calls asking "what do you know about *insert some random thing here*?", but I don't have as many irl friends these days. I guess I still get asked stuff like that online though, in emails and whatnot. A lot of times they just want me to point them in the right direction in terms of information sources. I guess "where do I start?" is a common theme, as well as help with prioritization. They want things simplified, too.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of that sounds pretty accurate, for me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Sometimes it's on how to deal with a sticky interpersonal situation, but I ask them that kind of thing more than they do me. It's a different angle that each of us is looking for though of course, and I'm not sure how to explain the differences. I guess they're looking for things to point out to the other person, or strategies to use when someone's causing problems for them.
    Maybe it's "What's your experience with this?" versus... well, whatever you ask Fi-dominants?

Creepy-Diana

Last edited by Diana; 01-18-2008 at 03:09 AM. Reason: cleaning it up.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    What are some examples of Te dual seeking and Te HA? I think there are some threads regarding one of these or one of these blocked with a certain introverted perceiving function, but not one on differentiating whether Te is in slot 5 or slot 6 in model a. I think in general I am curious with the differences of these places, but currently with Te in these places.

In ESFps, I see a Te HA as a need for accuracy in facts whenever they want it, also knowing lots of facts seems to make them feel good. I am not sure of how I see Te dual seeking in IxFjs.. mostly I just see their strong Fi.
    needing information resources, yes, but i think it's possible that one can get that from anyone, regardless of their type, and i think everyone turns to someone/somewhere else to gather information

my daughter likes to know the names of things, and insists that those names be used every time the item is referenced. (ie coat is not a jacket, sweater is a sweater, cherry tree is not a plum tree, etc) When I help her with her homework, I have to look at ways to help her pull out the information she needs from the word problems or the social studies paragraphs. Mostly it becomes What is involved, Who is involved, What actions are involved kind of thing. She also likes to know How to do things, step by step, hands on. Once she's told How to do something, she refuses to alter the method, so she really needs the most effective How from the very start. So sometimes I have to figure out how to organize something so that the steps i'm giving her are as effective as I can make it for her.

Myself, what I like most about being on the receiving end of Te is for when I have a project idea in my mind, I often don't know how to get there, or I'll have a very wishywashy tentative idea. The best questions are the ones that have me answering What specifically i want to do, What criteria do I need to meet, What actions will need to be taken, and such. In essence, forcing me to further define my "blocks". As these blocks get more and more explicit, then a pattern begins to emerge of how I can go about getting it done. It aggravates me when somebody tries to give me the rules or path, particularly so when the blocks haven't been defined at all yet, or are still hazy. I also feel limited in my choices of action if I'm just given a set of rules or a path to follow. I need to have the freedom of movement to alter my course if new blocks show up or if the blocks need to be reordered or altered somehow. (hence why i like mix and match type systems, heh) For example, I'd rather have a list of What needs to be done, and then I get to choose at any moment When/How I do them.

Without the presence of that help though, I find myself having to remind myself that I need to define these things first, and that things go smoother if I have that done. However, I tend to feel scattered when I first begin trying to make them more explicit. I never know quite where to start nor which blocks to focus on...nor what blocks are even available.

I also tend to gather information/ideas/books. It doesn't matter much whether I'll need them myself or not. What matters most in this regard is that should someone start talking about a subject that I've gathered a little info/books on, then I can loan them the book or give them what little I know. Heh, in essence, giving them some "blocks" they can build from.

In terms of relationships, I believe that Te HA shows itself as part of the focus on a person's behavior, their actions and words. What was said. Who said it. How was it said. How were they standing when they said it. What were they looking at. Basically looking for the facts of the situation itself, not the interpretations or meanings of it. For example, if a person tells me their boss hates them, my first response is "did your boss SAY that???? " Usually the answer is "no, he didn't say that". And then I'll ask a bunch of questions about What actions and What words about Whatever situations led the person to think that their boss hated them. I need these things clarified before I can properly empathize/sympathize with the person and their situation with their boss. And especially before I feel that I can offer any possible insight or advice.

I'm not yet sure how this part of Te HA shows up in my daughter, yet. I'm still working on it, heh.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp