Thread: ISTjs why do you want to be someone else?

TIM
    FeSi in Ego
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISTjs why do you want to be someone else?

What I noticed in my practice that a lot of LSIs would LOVE to project themselves with others that they are flexible and super intuitive etc. I was typing one LSI the other day: 1. questionnaire clearly showed that she was LSI - so clear! 2. short test - she was debatinf between LSI and SLI. 3. personal interview - she wanted me to see her in this flexible state and very intuitive (yes, I come up with great ideas and stuff like that). I just had to ask one question: imagine the situation. you are not in your office/home, I come in and while waiting for you, I decide to re-arrange everything on your desk, I move everything around and touch everything over there, without your permissin. What would you do? Seeing a horror on her face while I was describing this act, made me laugh. Her answer was: "first I'd flip! and then I'd hang you!" LSIs, why? why do you WANT to be someone else? You are great at who you are!~

maybe there is a reason? Would be nice to hear.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

maybe they have a different definition of flexibility. i think somebody could be a flexible person and still not want somebody messing with all their stuff

TIM
    FeSi in Ego
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

true. but my questions on "flexibility" were about those things. but the concrete example showed a total different behavior. I was just wondering.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who would not be bothered? Especially when your question underlines violation of personal space.

TIM
    FeSi in Ego
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSIs would react stronger.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fetornado View Post
    I just had to ask one question: imagine the situation. you are not in your office/home, I come in and while waiting for you, I decide to re-arrange everything on your desk, I move everything around and touch everything over there, without your permissin. What would you do? Seeing a horror on her face while I was describing this act, made me laugh. Her answer was: "first I'd flip! and then I'd hang you!"
    If someone did that to my things, I'd be very upset with them too. One time I came back home from school to find my then boyfriend there. It turned out that while I was gone he went through my things. We then had a big fight over it. I was so aggravated by what he has done I made him leave and didn't meet with him the next day. And I'm not even LSI

LSIs, why? why do you WANT to be someone else? You are great at who you are!~
    If you use such overly simplistic reductionist stereotypes in typing, anything you say is not going to sound believable or convincing to an LSI. So when you say "it's so obvious she an LSI!" why should she believe you instead of trusting her own judgement?

TIM
    FeSi in Ego
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe because you don't have full picture that is why you all react to one example. Not going to debate about what I meant etc. I was just wondering why LSIs would want to be someone else- I think they are respected for who they are. That's it.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Maybe because you don't have full picture that is why you all react to one example. Not going to debate about what I meant etc. I was just wondering why LSIs would want to be someone else- I think they are respected for who they are. That's it.
    There are several posters typing as LSI on this forum and they haven't demonstrated such a tendency to want to assume another TIM. If anything, it has been people with Ne in ego block and Fe dominants who have shown the most inclination to take up other types. It sounds like you came up with a rationalization to explain to yourself why this woman isn't agreeing with your typing of her, but looking at the history of this forum and all of its typing battles this assertion doesn't hold true.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSIs would react stronger.
    True that.
    Being flexible though means being able to negotiate and change plans or whatever, not tolerating violation of personal space and will.
    So your example is not convincing.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I noticed in my practice that a lot of LSIs would LOVE to project themselves with others that they are flexible and super intuitive etc. I was typing one LSI the other day: 1. questionnaire clearly showed that she was LSI - so clear! 2. short test - she was debatinf between LSI and SLI. 3. personal interview - she wanted me to see her in this flexible state and very intuitive (yes, I come up with great ideas and stuff like that). I just had to ask one question: imagine the situation. you are not in your office/home, I come in and while waiting for you, I decide to re-arrange everything on your desk, I move everything around and touch everything over there, without your permissin. What would you do? Seeing a horror on her face while I was describing this act, made me laugh. Her answer was: "first I'd flip! and then I'd hang you!" LSIs, why? why do you WANT to be someone else? You are great at who you are!~

This story was so interesting to me. I don't really have any LSIs in my life, but have tentatively typed a new in-law as LSI. He comes across as pragmatic when you meet him. He is pretty quiet around strangers. But with closer relationships he begins to reveal his dreams and they are so varied and near-grandiose. (I think it is cute!) He is locked into his medical residency program for the next 6 years, but will say, "I wish I could be in the military" "I would love to be a flight surgeon in space." Watching the Olympics, he will say, "I could do that ski jumping." He loves to work hard and play hard, and in non-professional settings, likes to present himself as more relaxed and outgoing than he actually is, maybe that is related to the flexibility that you are talking about. But yes, don't mess with his stuff! And in his work he likes to find the right medical procedure and stick with it. I can see him being very inflexible with procedures, once he has determined the best course of action.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k