Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extraversion and talking to yourself out loud

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to do that a lot as a kid, not really talking alone tho, I was always imagining to be a teacher and I was explaining things to imaginary people as in front of a crowd. Then once my aunt caught me and it felt so embarassing... I've stopped since then.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

haha, when I listen to girl singers w/ lyrics I like I mouth along w/ the words. sometimes when I'm walking outside and super into it a car will pass and it messes up my vibe bcuz I'm reminded that I look funny...

but there was this woman I used to ride the same bus with that I had a little crush on and she was doing that too one day and the passion in her face was really beautiful and when she caught me looking she stopped really quick and went all stony and blank and I was like

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I do it when I've been alone for too long lol
    I would never ever do it around people and if someone catched me I'd be embarrassed af
    But it's usually me reenacting scenes from moments in my life but changing what I said, or future conversations I might have. Or just random dramas I make up.
    I'm very introverted

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When I really think about it I have seen mostly introverts doing it. At least in narrative. It depends what counts as it. For instance: whether or not you curse to yourself or something.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

a handful of times a day I just whisper "fuck!" under my breath bcuz I remembered something embarrassing or need to expel nervous energy....
    neuroticism...

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I sometimes feel I have to. I'm introverted and reticent, so talking to myself when no one is around sort of helps with developing and maintaining speaking skills and hearing what some thoughts sound like spoken. It is something you do when no one is around, like masturbation.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stellafera View Post
    I do this all the time, but I do it even more when I'm listening to music (I always end up mouthing the words and making relevant facial expressions).
    lol

I think the closest I get to doing that is when I'm by myself and I wanna see if I can rap the lyrics to a song but the second I think I hear someone nearby I stiffen up and I try to pretend I'm just casually listening to music while bobbing my head. your story is making me wonder if I do this in public without even realizing it, but I don't even think I'm conscious of lyrics while I'm walking because I'm usually too busy fantasizing about hooligan nonsense

but if I've spent this entire time mouthing lyrics without even realizing it then wow okay kill me now

sometimes I dance tho

like do you ever coordinate the rhythm of the music to your movements

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    like do you ever coordinate the rhythm of the music to your movements
    Yes. I also drum my hands against my legs to create my own music when I'm bored.

I can't listen to "Telephone" by Lady Gaga in public because I will inevitably bring my hand up to my ear at some point like a phone.

---------
    This thread so far seems completely inconclusive on the relationship between talking to yourself and type. ?
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very skeptical about the correlation stated in the title of this thread. I'm saying this because I'm sure to be an Introvert and I happen to talk to myself out lout literally everyday. I have tons of examples:

• Just before starting my homework, I could go like this: "Okay, Monday 15th, first day of the 19th school week, let's organize what to do...";
    • Under the shower, contemplating the beauty of music: "Yep, In Rainbows. That's possibly the most comprehensive album Radiohead have ever released...";
    • In the kitchen, walking around the table, trying to analyze my emotions: "Shit, my feelings are so strong these days. What's happening to my stone heart?";
    • Tiding up my room, pretending to be interviewed on a famous TV channel about "how not to surrender so easily when coping with class tests": "My way of thinking is, just give your best and keep trying. Good results will follow automatically, if you have enough luck.";
    • In the living room, with a stick in my hand (to feel "in power"), this time pretending to be a Socionist who's giving a lesson to a group of students: "Before we start, I recommend you to erase the world 'MBTI' from your minds. Forever.".

These are just a few examples of my "monologues". I know, I'm crazy. Or maybe is just my 's fault mixed with a lot of Introversion. Who knows...
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I'm very skeptical about the correlation stated in the title of this thread. I'm saying this because I'm sure to be an Introvert and I happen to talk to myself out lout literally everyday. I have tons of examples:

• Just before starting my homework, I could go like this: "Okay, Monday 15th, first day of the 19th school week, let's organize what to do...";
    • Under the shower, contemplating the beauty of music: "Yep, In Rainbows. That's possibly the most comprehensive album Radiohead have ever released...";
    • In the kitchen, walking around the table, trying to analyze my emotions: "Shit, my feelings are so strong these days. What's happening to my stone heart?";
    • Tiding up my room, pretending to be interviewed on a famous TV channel about "how not to surrender so easily when coping with class tests": "My way of thinking is, just give your best and keep trying. Good results will follow automatically, if you have enough luck.";
    • In the living room, with a stick in my hand (to feel "in power"), this time pretending to be a Socionist who's giving a lesson to a group of students: "Before we start, I recommend you to erase the world 'MBTI' from your minds. Forever.".

These are just a few examples of my "monologues". I know, I'm crazy. Or maybe is just my 's fault mixed with a lot of Introversion. Who knows...
    this is all amazing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12