Thread: Frank Sinatra

Creepy-

Default Frank Sinatra

What is Frank Sinatra's type?

I'm thinking SEE.

EDIT: Oops, I meant to put this in the Personas Famosas sub-forum... would a moderator move it, please?

Creepy-

Some quotes:

“The best revenge is massive success.”

“You gotta love livin', baby, 'cause dyin' is a pain in the ass.”

“Cock your hat - angles are attitudes.”

“Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night - be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels.”

“I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.”

“I would like to be remembered as a man who had a wonderful time living life, a man who had good friends, fine family - and I don't think I could ask for anything more than that, actually.”

“Oh, I just wish someone would try to hurt you so I could kill them for you.”

“People often remark that I'm pretty lucky. Luck is only important in so far as getting the chance to sell yourself at the right moment. After that, you've got to have talent and know how to use it.”

“The thing that influenced me most was the way Tommy played his trombone. It was my idea to make my voice work in the same way as a trombone or violin-not sounding like them, but "playing" the voice like those instrumentalists.”

“Orange is the happiest color.”

“Dare to wear the foolish clown face.”

“I am a thing of beauty.”

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the impression that he's some kind of SF. He's not focused on higher principles or abstract ideas or the big picture, indicating he's not likely Intuitive. And he certainly seems like more of a socialite than a Pragmatist. Possibly Alpha SF -- "Orange is the happiest color" seems like a classic case of applying Fe to Si, and he displays the general cheerful hedonism of many Alpha SFs.

So I guess I'll say SEI, because he seems more laid-back than an EJ type. But given that I haven't really done any research on him, I'm less than 50% confident of that.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE-Ti, IMO:

(^^^Receptive to Fe much?)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sinatra is SLE type.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, Maritsa gets one right.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Wow, Maritsa gets one right.
    Mia Farrow is INFj; he was married to her and got divorced remember...
    They were only married for two years; I can see that, I would have strangled (just saying not really) him after two days...lol.

They should make them poster people for conflicting relations "Marrying your conflictor is a B"
    Us activist INFj's what can we say...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mia_Farrow
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently, Brando and Sinatra didn't get on at all though .. which may mean Something. Behind the Camera (11/16) Sinatra sounds Fi-ish to me.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Apparently, Brando and Sinatra didn't get on at all though .. which may mean Something. Behind the Camera (11/16) Sinatra sounds Fi-ish to me.
    Identical relations can have conflicts with each other; they were both the same type. Due to competition mostly.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamicism View Post
    I don't think its unusual for identicals to see each other as nemeses, especially so in a workplace environment. Its easy to feel threatened or spiteful by someone you see as being a bit too much like you. Either because you're both megalomaniacs and see each other as competition, or it damages some sacred sense of 'uniqueness' you hold dear about yourself, or you see all your own faults in the other and it disgusts you, etc. Some people get all kinds of retarded over it.
    Especially with Se leading types...striving to possess the same objects (rather external then internal, whereas Fi is internal emotions-can't really possess emotions) and if the two like minds find one thing attractive, that can be very difficult to deal with because, resources are scarce.

Fi types might get upset over authenticity of information that they produce..."it was my idea" "No, it was mine"
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure most functioning adults are a bit more complicated than that.
    Sorry, that's the Ti in me, simplifying things down to simplicity or it's simple form.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You'll be okay. Probably.
    Ne valueing or activating....
    -

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, either SEE or SLE. I don't have a real preference. Actually, I see a bit more SEE than SLE, but SLE is definitely a possibility.

“Oh, I just wish someone would try to hurt you so I could kill them for you.”

This in particular actually smacks more of SEE than SLE to me.

“The thing that influenced me most was the way Tommy played his trombone. It was my idea to make my voice work in the same way as a trombone or violin-not sounding like them, but "playing" the voice like those instrumentalists.”

But this has a slightly Ti vibe, so...
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think its unusual for identicals to see each other as nemeses, especially so in a workplace environment. Its easy to feel threatened or spiteful by someone you see as being a bit too much like you. Either because you're both megalomaniacs and see each other as competition, or it damages some sacred sense of 'uniqueness' you hold dear about yourself, or you see all your own faults in the other and it disgusts you, etc. Some people get all kinds of retarded over it.
    Yeah, but I got the impression that Sinatra came into it with feelings against Brando though they'd never met - and that Brando just came to dislike him for the way he acted. I think that having feelings towards someone you've never met would be an unusual thing for an Fi polr to manage. The thing about Brando being annoyed that Sinatra was trying to come across like the romantic lead because it wrecked the picture, and Sinatra not caring because he just wanted to come across well ... seems possibly SeTi against SeFi. I mean it's not logical to screw up the whole production just so you look good, because then you'd come across looking bad. :-p
    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post

But this has a slightly Ti vibe, so...
    How is that Ti?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always thought of it as having to compete for the same psychological territory.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    How is that Ti?
    I dunno, it seems to be a very logical connection. It doesn't smack of how a Ti-polr might put it. I'm not saying it's a definitive or clear example, but it does vaguely seem like it would be more likely to be influenced by a Ti ego mindset than by a Ti superego mindset. Very much a one-to-one analogy. Not that Gammas and Deltas can't speak like that. But as I said, it seem more likely to be influenced by a Ti mindset than not.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    I dunno, it seems to be a very logical connection. It doesn't smack of how a Ti-polr might put it. I'm not saying it's a definitive or clear example, but it does vaguely seem like it would be more likely to be influenced by a Ti ego mindset than by a Ti superego mindset. Very much a one-to-one analogy. Not that Gammas and Deltas can't speak like that. But as I said, it seem more likely to be influenced by a Ti mindset than not.
    Well in context, Tommy was Frank's good friend, played with him a fair bit and taught him a lot about singing, so it seems a reasonable thing for any type to say, considering. :-p

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought so.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SLE E7 so/sx (probably)

I'm supposed to have a Ph.D. on the subject of women. But the truth is I've flunked more often than not. I'm very fond of women; I admire them. But, like all men, I don't understand them.

I love all those girls the same as they love me. I get thousands of letters a week from girls who love me.... Every time I sing a song, I make love to them. I'm a boudoir singer.

Fear is the enemy of logic.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

The big lesson in life, baby, is never be scared of anyone or anything.

What formula? I never had one, so I couldn't say what the main ingredient is. I think everybody who's successful in this business has one common ingredient—the talent God gave us. The rest depends upon how it's used.

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE