Thread: Ode to NTs

Creepy-female

Default Ode to NTs

Last edited by female; 07-09-2015 at 08:44 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Me too
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    tit-y
    lol

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Democrats, stand up and be counted.

Alpha NT, Gamma NT, it doesn't matter. As long as you're not an INTj with a stick up your ass, I love you.
    Last edited by Absurd; 03-24-2013 at 07:07 PM.

Tyrant with a side of bacon
    TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will someone please take this pen from me. I keep poking myself in the eye with it when I'm not using it to stir my coffee.

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Finale View Post
    Will someone please take this pen from me. I keep poking myself in the eye with it when I'm not using it to stir my coffee.
    Yea, I think when you live with an E(NT)J, you begin to realize that, hmmmm, maybe they aren't quite as smart as it seems they should be.

Tyrant with a side of bacon
    TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, that's it... no more snuggly, wuggly to you non-Gammas.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTjs, (the ones I know IRL) they do have a stick up their ass- I don't get it. show them a picchur of a kitten though and they melt into a puddle of goo. I keep a few rotating on my phone just in case.

I'm currently doing an art history paper on Leonardo da Vinci. I've come to the conclusion that I either want to be him or want to be with him (aside from the fact that he is dead). NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    I'm currently doing an art history paper on Leonardo da Vinci. I've come to the conclusion that I either want to be him or want to be with him (aside from the fact that he is dead). NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT NT.
    What makes you think he is NT - Visual Identification?

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from personal experience, lii's don't like it when you accidentally meow in bed though--it freaks them out.

ps--I do heart NT's, although they can be so so autistic at times... I think they do just really need to be smacked in the ass, or have a sandwich shoved in their mouths. It gets their attention.

Creepy-male

Maybe its leading Ti that makes them rigid and logical as they are comparing reality against some internal logical system or understanding. Static Fields, etc.

If that were the case I'd expect LSI's to have a stick up their ass as well, and ISFj's and INFj's as well, but its an Fi stick rather than a Ti one.

DaVinci is cool but that's all I'm going to say before someone attempts to smack my ass or shove things into my mouth

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

garbage.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    from personal experience, lii's don't like it when you accidentally meow in bed though--it freaks them out.

ps--I do heart NT's, although they can be so so autistic at times... I think they do just really need to be smacked in the ass, or have a sandwich shoved in their mouths. It gets their attention.
    lol how do you accidentally meow in bed?
    and what happened with your ILE friend from the party btw?!

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd been communicating with people via meow's for a while at this point in my life... like, me and my college roommate had gotten so good at meowing that we'd just meow at each other for several minutes in the middle of the night, all the time. So it just sort of slipped out in bed at some point, and then my LII then-bf lost his hard-on, he was so disturbed. To this day I can usually successfully hold conversations with cats, even very aloof ones, although god only knows what's ever transpiring between us.

Mm...about the two ILE's from the party... I never ran into the second one again. Although I am kind of now semi-dating the one that I went to the party with, and that situation has been pretty weird. For months we were hooking up on and off interspersed with a lot of intense fighting, weird misunderstandings, and periods of not talking. We've reached an equilibrium though, and that feels weird too. He's mentally ill and has had a generally weird relationship history. Half the stories he tells about his "past" are things like... having sex in front of a party of people on opiates and having those people tell him that "it was so beautiful," that they could "see his love," etc, and he's done a lot of shit like this with a great deal of bravado, but the person I see is really insecure, nerdy, anxious, socially uncomfortable, lonely, and broken on the inside. Sometimes I feel like interacting with this kid is like trying to drag him up through the mud and make him whole again, and maybe make myself a little more whole too in the process. But things are getting a little more intense between us, and I'm still not entirely sure that it's a road I want to go down.

^Sorry if that was tmi... it's just been on my mind.

Hope you've been having more positive interactions with LIE's...

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    I'd been communicating with people via meow's for a while at this point in my life... like, me and my college roommate had gotten so good at meowing that we'd just meow at each other for several minutes in the middle of the night, all the time. So it just sort of slipped out in bed at some point, and then my LII then-bf lost his hard-on, he was so disturbed. To this day I can usually successfully hold conversations with cats, even very aloof ones, although god only knows what's ever transpiring between us.

Mm...about the two ILE's from the party... I never ran into the second one again. Although I am kind of now semi-dating the one that I went to the party with, and that situation has been pretty weird. For months we were hooking up on and off interspersed with a lot of intense fighting, weird misunderstandings, and periods of not talking. We've reached an equilibrium though, and that feels weird too. He's mentally ill and has had a generally weird relationship history. Half the stories he tells about his "past" are things like... having sex in front of a party of people on opiates and having those people tell him that "it was so beautiful," that they could "see his love," etc, and he's done a lot of shit like this with a great deal of bravado, but the person I see is really insecure, nerdy, anxious, socially uncomfortable, lonely, and broken on the inside. Sometimes I feel like interacting with this kid is like trying to drag him up through the mud and make him whole again, and maybe make myself a little more whole too in the process. But things are getting a little more intense between us, and I'm still not entirely sure that it's a road I want to go down.

^Sorry if that was tmi... it's just been on my mind.

Hope you've been having more positive interactions with LIE's...
    awww. lol@ the convo with cats.

Hmm..yeah that does sound intense intermixed with lotsa wierd. Nah gurl, go ahead and make a thread on it if you want. I love reading this kind of thing (re: relationships etc).

people told him "it was so beautiful".. maybe he was high and thought they said that.. or lying. or maybe they were all high and thought it was.

yeah that could become a very messy situation to get out of.. sounds like it's at least helping you grow as a person a bit too. Learning curves are okay and they're supposedly what growing up is all about.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    awww. lol@ the convo with cats.

Hmm..yeah that does sound intense intermixed with lotsa wierd. Nah gurl, go ahead and make a thread on it if you want. I love reading this kind of thing (re: relationships etc).

people told him "it was so beautiful".. maybe he was high and thought they said that.. or lying. or maybe they were all high and thought it was.

yeah that could become a very messy situation to get out of.. sounds like it's at least helping you grow as a person a bit too. Learning curves are okay and they're supposedly what growing up is all about.
    Lol yeah I'm pretty sure they were all high... actually I find that part of the story incredibly amusing.
    mm maybe i'll make a thread if i get the motivation

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I owe a lot of what I learn on these forums and in real life to NT types.

Absurd: You Ti dominants sure say things I don't really know where to put.
    labtard: fml
    Absurd: Hah.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all about STs honestly, but we're good sports to give NTs their five minutes.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as you're not an INTj with a stick up your ass, I love you.
    I agree. Other INTJs annoy me immensely. I've never understood why I seem to be the only one without a stick up my ass - and I've never even had a relationship with somebody from my same quadra.

Typically my interaction with INTjs consists of them saying "that doesn't even make sense" to somebody else, or making a snide and sarcastic comment - to which I then explain that yes it can make sense - or I explain why their sarcasm is unfounded. Really the only time I have a stick up my ass is when I am with other INTJs...example:

"[Friend to another friend]: Did you get a haircut?

[INTj] No, his hair just magically shrunk

[Me]: Most of the time when people ask if somebody got a haircut it is because of a few reasons. One of these can be an uncertainty of their memory of what their hair previously looked like and so they are making an honest inquiry as to whether or not they got a haircut. They are not concerned with how his hair shrunk - but rather are concerned with whether or not his hair was actually short before - so the inquiry "did you get a haircut" doesn't warrant the sarcastic response "no his hair magically shrunk" because the fact in question was not whether or not in order to remove his hair he actually had to get it cut but whether or not his hair was long before.

Alternatively, he could be perfectly confident in his memory of what the hair looked like before, and he could be confident in his knowledge that in order to shorten it it was cut - so the question did not serve as an actual inquiry as to whether or not the haircut occurred - but rather served to elicit a response about a certain topic. The function of the question was to begin a conversation about the specific topic but allow the person whom was questioned the opportunity to develop his response about a specific topic in the most comfortable way possible.

Now apologize to all of us."

I used a joking tone the entire time. Really the one "logical principle" that I learned very early on was that language games and "making sense" of the world is extremely flexible, ambiguous, open to many interpretations, and infinitely explodable. So this one "principle" that I learned is about the only thing I get stick-assed from.. Thus, my annoyance with other INTjs. And I realize I sound like I have a stick up my ass right now. So maybe just show me a picture of a kitten, @dolphin, if you want to appreciate my NTness. [And before I get asked, I am not "actually" an INTp].

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The end is nigh

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shang Tsung View Post
    Maybe its leading Ti that makes them rigid and logical as they are comparing reality against some internal logical system or understanding. Static Fields, etc.

If that were the case I'd expect LSI's to have a stick up their ass as well,
    I do in some ways, irl. I usually really get along well with INTJs, actually.
    Last edited by jet city woman; 03-26-2013 at 12:07 PM.

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Dionysus I feel the same way when people narrow their intellectual focus too haphazardly in that sense.

As for the general "stick up the ass" nature of LIIs, I attribute that in myself to vulnerable . Although I'm (usually) alright at modulating my interaction in terms of my relationship to the other person and their relationship to the rest of the world (not offending people inadvertantly because I make a general statement about a group they're connected to or the like), in other words, my role function , I'm really awful at seeing the boundaries of... I don't even know how to say it well... ownership? authority? and modulating my interaction to respect them. I don't even think to do it unless I'm very strictly and thoroughly controlling my actions.
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Dionysus I feel the same way when people narrow their intellectual focus too haphazardly in that sense.
    his post was sarcastic. or i might hope it was.

As for the general "stick up the ass" nature of LIIs
    i'd like to point out that dolphin never said INTjs have a "general stick up the ass nature", that attribution is entirely your own doing.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as you're not an INTj with a stick up your ass, I love you.
    Hang on does that mean that other NT's are allowed to have a stick up their ass? Such bias...

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labster View Post
    his post was sarcastic. or i might hope it was.
    It seemed like he meant it to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by labster View Post
    i'd like to point out that dolphin never said INTjs have a "general stick up the ass nature", that attribution is entirely your own doing.
    I wasn't responding purely to dolphin, but to the subject in general, since a number of people had commented on it. Perhaps I should have called it a "tendency" rather than a "nature"?
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
    I agree. Other INTJs annoy me immensely. I've never understood why I seem to be the only one without a stick up my ass - and I've never even had a relationship with somebody from my same quadra.

Typically my interaction with INTjs consists of them saying "that doesn't even make sense" to somebody else, or making a snide and sarcastic comment - to which I then explain that yes it can make sense - or I explain why their sarcasm is unfounded. Really the only time I have a stick up my ass is when I am with other INTJs
    I have a habit of making snide/sarcastic comments, but I like to think it's only slightly above average compared to others. Separately-and-yet-at-the-same-time (nice linking words, me!), I sometimes insist on doing things a certain way and not explaining my reasons for wanting to. That might come from a desire to not "reveal" all of my logic behind what I'm doing, maybe because it shows my intentions or something. Like I don't always tell people why I need to leave because I don't necessarily want them to know what I'm doing lest they judge me. Or I won't tell people why I want to know something because they they'd know what I plan to do.

People generally describe as being incredibly vague and out-of-it, however, rather than inflexible.

(Note, I usually get into sarcastic-offs with my friends (who are not necessarily INTj's, as far as I'm aware):

"[Friend to another friend]: Did you get a haircut?

[INTj] No, his hair just magically shrunk

[Me]: Phew, good thing you made that sarcastic comment. I was worried we were going to have an interesting conversation.")
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ClownsandEntropy View Post
    I'm never sarcastic. I'm normal guys.
    I said, just after having sent a sarcastic text to my friend about being late.

Huh.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*accepting NT-directed lovin'