Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gravolez View Post
    I don't describe myself as ILI. I am much more than the ILI description. I don't even care that much about the description because the descriptions in socionics to me just show general trends which might help identify certain types. In certain situations I behave in a way which has nothing to do with the ILI description. I consider socionics to be more about cognition and valued IEs. I don't cling to the ILI label when it comes to behaviour. I use it only to identify things that I need to be careful about, things that I need to work on, things that I might overlook, things I should be more tolerant about etc. In a sense I am trying to use socionics to alter my behaviour for the better. I have it easy here cause I see things as a flow or a process and constantly changing so it is hard for me to fall in this trap (labelling myself as such and such) but there are other traps I can easily fall into.
    What, then are you if more than just the ILI description? I didn't ask about descriptions actually for I know that out of the pool of hundred people typed one type and given a description of the same type, opinions are going to vary between them. Some are going to ditch and some embrace it. Interesting, eh?

I, too, find socionics dealing with IEs. It says on the front page of 16types.info:

Socionics is a theory of information processing and personality type, distinguished by its information model of the psyche, called Model A, and a model of interpersonal relations. It incorporates Carl Jung's work on Psychological Types with Antoni Kępiński's theory of information metabolism. Socionics is a modification of Jung's personality type theory that uses eight psychic functions. These functions process information at varying levels of competency and interact with the corresponding function in other individuals, giving rise to predictable reactions and impressions—a theory of intertype relations.

I think self image and putting labels on oneself are two different things. There was a thread on the forum about general semantics and E`. I think there is some effect like that: when people present an idea in words and they start thinking about the idea in the way they verbalized it, which is not necessarily what their idea was. Words might have more or less meaning than what was the idea you wanted to express.
    Well, self-image is an image you hold of yourself that is resistant to change, it's something you have learned about yourself or learned via the accounts of others, which means you learned the IEs you wield through this site, and maybe some other auxiliary sites. Not to mention, you learned some of it via the accounts of other people whom you interacted/interact with on this site.

Labeling oneself and others deals with stereotyping exclusively, it's subjective. You're going to form some cohesive and subjective opinion about yourself and other groups of people. Be it alpha people, beta people and delta people, respectively. Of course, such opinion isn't resistant to change, for the opinion of other groups/people impacting and influencing your own, can change your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    YOU LIED TO YOURSELF
    No, I didin't. I lied to people reading this thread because I forgot about it, but I'm still smart, am I not?