Thread: Writing Styles - do you relate to these?

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Writing Styles - do you relate to these?

I have seen these floating around quite a bit, so I thought I would share them and ask if people think it describes the way they write...feel free to talk about whether or not you relate to any (or several!) of these

I would be curious to hear if people would like to add their own observations in regards to instincts and writing styles. Do you think writing styles can be generalized to everyone with the same instinctual variant? Do you think people can behave differently at different times, perhaps showing different styles?

sp/soc: The most straightfoward in language, with relatively little trills and embellishments. Points made directly and from personal experience. Business-like. Clear. Cynical. Lacking in internal experience compared to other stackings.

sp/sx: Comes out as somewhat heavy and gloomy, or cool and detached. Often gives out a suffocating and insular vibe, as if their internal world is wrapped around by an impermeable membrane. Strong sensory impressions designed to awake sexuality. Makes one want to linger on one or two lines forever.

soc/sp: Tangential. Lots of details and analysis. Very in-their-head and intellectual, and lacks sensuality. Comes across as level-headed and unspontaneous, but also with personal warmth. Their written works often require a great deal of mental concentration from the readers.

soc/sx: The word “fantastical” comes to mind. Lots of virtuosity and trills, and often removed from the real world. One is whirled away by the dazzling fairies of their colorful imagination. Can be too rich in imagery for their own good. Sustained dramatic power due to their knowledge of interpersonal dynamics.

sx/sp: Intense, often a stab-in-the-chest sensation, leaving me in tears without knowing why. Fantastical but much more concentrated in a few inner images. Can be abstract, animating dead objects into their field of contemplation. Embodiment of another human, thing, or idea is common in their writings.

sx/soc: My impression of their writing is “fire-and-ice”, as if one is to experience the extremes of heat and coldness at the same time. Often abstract, spilling one inner vision after another like a dream-sequence. Seems particularly in touch with the core meaning of life and death.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m not really sure how I come across to others in writing. But I’m probably sp/so or so/sp. And I’m probably boring. People have said as much. I would be offended, but I’m not really trying to be exciting or intense. Because I don’t really care about any of that. I kind of like being boring.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nice list. Lists are good.

I would be a mix of sp/so and so/sx according to this. But the straightforwardness could be -related. I'll do a bit of writing here for example.

There were three swallows. They hovered a bit before going down, then three more went below, and three more, in unison, until the entire pie had been eaten and the trio of brothers sat down their forks. "So we meet again," said the cruelest brother. This was the one that dissected mole rats for a living and enjoyed every moment of his lifelong career. "Not if I can help it!" thundered the belligerent brother. This was the one with a terrible driving record who had recently been under suspicion of smuggling alpacas to international terrorists. The belligerent brother grabbed for his fork, thinking to make short work of his cruel brother's stupid hairdo. But the musical brother cut in, a sweet tango escaping his lips as the other brothers paused in rapture. The mood stopped in confusion. Then the musical brother stormed out, once again overcome by his frustration at not being able to utter real words.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like types can affect the writing style as well, besides just instinct. I also think, in my case, 469 (triple doubting) influences this sense of...ungroundedness I guess. It comes through in my writing...with SP firsts and second, I feel like they are 'on the ground' so to speak, while I am at times floating around, at times passionately moved by something to the point of blotting out most other things from my mind. I feel that maybe I am somewhat like the sx/so description here (?) but I also borrow a little from the so/sp description because at times I can get quite analytical and intellectual about something, but I don't think I come across as level headed or unspontaneous. I probably across more so as spontaneous. And even when I do get analytical it is because I am passionate or 'obsessed' with the topic currently at hand. I do think I have this 'issue' if you will, where I get stuck onto my object of obsession like a magnet (SX), I cannot let go even when it's bad for me (SP last). Generally speaking, my behavior is likely driven by whatever is filling up my imagination currently.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ha. Instinctual stacking are quite weird. Anyways, I don't know as people have said that undecipherable as a person. I'm changeable in matter of seconds.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I think this was about music and lyrics originally but I don't know if I am remembering it correctly.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    I’m not really sure how I come across to others in writing. But I’m probably sp/so or so/sp. And I’m probably boring. People have said as much. I would be offended, but I’m not really trying to be exciting or intense. Because I don’t really care about any of that. I kind of like being boring.
    Most people when writing about socionics types they know, asking for input on their own type or giving others their opinion on what type they think they are sound sp/so or so/sp, even if they are passionate about the system, at least to me. I do not find you boring. I have read many of your posts over the years that suggest you are anything but. There are many people here that will only show a small part of who they really are irl or none of it. You show different sides of yourself which reveals how complex people really are. I believe you aim for honesty when dealing with people and you are not playing a part for the crowd. One of the things I like most about you.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Fe0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sx/so that writes like an sx/sp, but I've written sx/so stuff before too

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Most people when writing about socionics types they know, asking for input on their own type or giving others their opinion on what type they think they are sound sp/so or so/sp, even if they are passionate about the system, at least to me. I do not find you boring. I have read many of your posts over the years that suggest you are anything but. There are many people here that will only show a small part of who they really are irl or none of it. You show different sides of yourself which reveals how complex people really are. I believe you aim for honesty when dealing with people and you are not playing a part for the crowd. One of the things I like most about you.
    Thank you @Aylen! I do try to be honest about myself. I’m glad to see you back. I missed your presence here

Yeah...boring can be kind of subjective. I think I see what they mean, though. And what I mean by boring is that I stay home a lot and I like stability, don’t like getting into other peoples drama and I’m generally pretty habitual. I don’t really think of myself as boring, but if someone were to see me that way, it wouldn’t really bother me that much, because I’m just not into some other peoples lifestyles. For example my sister always has some kind of drama going on in her life and has moved around a bunch. She’s always causing a stir/getting into fights. She thinks I’m boring. lol. Think she’s sx/so & SEE, but I don’t mind because I like the way I have my life and wouldn’t like living it like she does. Not that there’s anything wrong with it per se, just not my thing. I don’t think about people in terms of boring/not boring myself, but I know there are people that are put off by ‘boringness’. I usually just see it as me not being dramatic and exciting enough for them. Too habitual.

Been reading abt it more and I think I could be so/sp. Seems that’s the stacking that gets the worst rap around here. I almost feel like I should take it on for that very reason lol. Like the one no one wants. Sx seems a bit idealized around here. But I don’t mind being sx last if I am. I don’t see it as being a ‘bad thing’, just a different way of being. (But, admittedly, the negative comments about certain stackings (sx lasts) can make me feel kind of bad from time to time)
    Last edited by Aster; 01-09-2019 at 12:19 AM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post

Been reading abt it more and I think I could be so/sp. Seems that’s the stacking that gets the worst rap around here. I almost feel like I should take it on for that very reason lol. Like the one no one wants. Sx seems a bit idealized around here. But I don’t mind being sx last if I am. I don’t see it as being a ‘bad thing’, just a different way of being. (But, admittedly, the negative comments about certain stackings (sx lasts) can make me feel kind of bad from time to time)
    Lol. I said the same thing in a poll thread awhile back. Nobody wants this stack, okay, I'll take it. It's really funny to me because the reason that a lot of people don't want to be typed that way is for social reasons! They don't want other people to "think badly of them" which I find kind of hilarious.