ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    I type all the people I like as gammas.
    Lol how Beta of you
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't really give 2 craps about a type. It's artificial to me *noses the air* What I find fascinating is how one is able to remain on this forum, type other people and at the same time not give 1001 fucks about it. Why do you enjoy typing? I mean, you're here, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    I type all the people I like as gammas.
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    Lol how Beta of you
    LUL.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I enjoy typing because I get to see which type the person is; I can connect to individuals in different ways and watch what happens in our interaction; for instance when I use my Fi I know that in some it can evoke feelings of guilt and remorse, especially in my duals because it acts on the conscious of the individual. This allows them to feel towards things they've done and of men around him or her. Through the realization of their feelings in the form of guilt, my duals then begin to realize their feelings and take actions that I hope is towards a kinder way. One can only hope.

And others, with some through recognition of their type in interaction with me, I can tone things down by not involving my participation as much if it's something I find that is unpleasant to them; I'm often more concerned about the other individual than myself. I can endure in pain and hardship for a long time stoically. In any sense, creating relations.....that is why I love to type...because I love relations and relating to people not objects.

Being an Fi base type, I don't use Fi to manipulate, it just happens to me "For a Fi base individual, it may be just something that happens. " To me, to say "I like this" is just the way I am, the way my world is colored. Because feelings are so strongly inside of my, feelings of love, and the feeling of wanting things to be not only peaceful but also united, I can act on my environment to PEACE THINGS DOWN. I CAN essentially say to someone who is in emotional fury with me that I don't want to be their friends if I see that being in relation of any kind with the person aggravates their negative feelings, for instance causes them to lash out at me or cause their friends to. I then, cut off ties with that person, but that doesn't eliminate that person from the group; it changes their position. You see

I do Fi gradually and very subtly. There's a downgrade of relations to me, but society, there's a change in role or function, never an elimination of the person.

Fi creative, for instance, can use Fi to manipulate, "Fi creative individuals may or create those bonds. In some ways it may seem like they have a greater control, or atleast more of an active control, over it than Fi-base."
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 08-17-2013 at 03:15 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    for instance when I use my Fi I know that in some it can evoke feelings of guilt and remorse, especially in my duals [...]
    Worked with Jadae damn fine.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Worked with Jadae damn fine.
    I don't use thing to "work" on people. It's people's own choices. Evolutionarily, you have to look at the "role" of the type and my role is to act in any way possible to repress emotional outbursts. How do I do that? I talk to the person and give them what they want that will help them eliminate emotional tension or remove myself. It's tactical.

Here are the other roles:

Group one, part of involutionary process, armorers, extracts energy and arm the next group; this would be like Rihanna, the singer.
    Group two, part of involutionary process, fighters, find new potential, provide for powerful burst of energy that was concentrated by group one, this would be like Bill Maher, with his emotional energy.
    Group three, part of evolutionary process, surface people, doesn't extract energy, nor do they carry energy, they channel existing energy into the right direction, they explain mass discontent. This would be like Sean Penn, although he can seem angry about the processes of things going on is not directive about social movements like Bill Maher. Matt Lohr may need to explain this better for me pls.
    Group four, part of evolutionary process, evacuation team, these people dissipate energy by repressing emotional outbursts keeping things calm and controlled; this would be me an my team.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I don't use thing to "work" on people.
    I'm sure you don't. I don't know what thing is either. Doesn't have a name.

Here are the other roles:

Group one,
    Group two,
    Group three,
    Group four,
    Fist time I hear about those people actually, you have some people you know I know of in stock?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You make it sound as if you're married not only to Maritsa but to typing, the love of it, Jadae.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae16t View Post
    I think you need to describe what each of the four concepts in the theory set mean, and how they, as a whole, relate to why you love typing.
    That's been a project of mine now. It's not done, however I can say that the concept relates to evolution of people and ideas and that's why I like typing because like nature, you get to see the processes occur over time.
    -

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I suppose that's why I enjoy it too. I mean the part about how typology magnifies our likes and dislikes. I feel like you never really get to know somebody that well until you learn what they like or don't like...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I feel like Group two would fit me, in as much as I cannot stand Bill Maher. If I cannot push forward, create new life, then I'd rather be ashes. And I do not mean in a social way. This is why I love all forms of design, whether in science or aesthetics.
    Someone from group one would match you best.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Huh, why?
    involutionary types are result types. also called left types they destroy homeostasis and involved in the process of mutation rather than right types or evolutionary which restore homeostasis and are involved in the process of adaptation.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

socionics renin's dichotomies
    -

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really give 2 craps about a type. It's artificial to me *noses the air* What I find fascinating is how one sees themselves, their world, others, and even myself. That is a lot of worlds and times to see. Typology is fairly much a hyphenated version of this. Why do you enjoy typing? I mean, you're here, after all.
    *shrugs* It just occurs to me to type people, should I get an impression from them.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instead of disconnection of being affronted by opaque difference in priorities and values this particular typology allows for transparent connection through recognition of the elements and the few steps of informational metabolism.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think of it as an Ni + Ti thing. Probably my biggest interest in life is thinking about how individual personalities work. And then neatly defined systems (that I can then muck up and complicate and problematize) turn me on. I used to say that I like socionics because it gives me a language for things (and for me, a word is like... a glove that you use to pick a coal out of a fire---without the glove, you'd burn your hand and drop the coal; with the word, you can pick up the coal and hold it under the light and transfer it to the microscope and really see it. But only in this case, if you use the wrong glove/word, you'll automatically crush the coal, or you won't be able to pick it up, or it'll burn through the fabric and burn your hand anyway). But I don't so much think that way anymore. Now I think that I use socionics as a lens, one of the many ways we have of trying to figure a person out. I'll try on a few types on a person for size and see if they shed any interesting or relevant light on his or her behavior. If so, hurray and good for socionics. If not, time to try some other, less "systematic" means.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.