TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default God Does Miracles

Here is one. A man tells his miracle story to the UN in NYC, in 2015:

"A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Angels singing on tape

@applejacks, since you do music in church, i think you will especially like this. Also @DirectorAbbie, who sings with a lovely voice: This is angels singing with a small (7 people) group from a choir who got together at church to practice, a cappella - no instruments - a part of the Alleluia chorus. They replayed the tape they had been recording (to critique and improve their singing) and (musical experts later say) 1000's of angels were singing with them, and during the break between recordings, an angel sang a solo (This is all explained in the first part of this video. The actual singing, of that simple group of practicing singers. now accompanied by a thousand angel back-up, starts at 3:14:

I love this. I once had the opportunity to sing the Alleluia Chorus with a multiple choir concert (choirs presented individually, then at the end, all the choirs sang it together) and it was so amazing. I listened to Handel's Messiah a lot this season; it gave it gave me much peace, and I watched them through at least twice, in this beautiful rendition of Stephen Cleobury conducting the Cambridge Choir, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTMJVvld9ok

So I looked up the angel solo lyrics elsewhere, and found this:

Hallelujah, ringing all across the land
    Everybody's singing at the Lord's command
    All the saints and the angels up in glory wait to hear the news
    of Jesus and his children as their coming through

[I think it should be "they are", not "their"]
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am nothing! I see all; the currents of the Universal Being circulate through me; I am part or parcel of God.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    I am nothing! I see all; the currents of the Universal Being circulate through me; I am part or parcel of God.
    'Cept you don't do miracles.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    'Cept you don't do miracles.

You are so kooky, but I think I can dig it.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't believe in god, but I think it is dangerous for someone to have a sudden dent in their faith in god.

I think if you attribute all "spontaneous remissions" to god and call them miracles rather than random and unexpected events, then all you are doing is showing that medical expertise is far better at saving people's lives than miracles.

In the time of god, in 1900, average life expectancy worldwide was about 31 years. In 2015, the average life expectancy was 71.4 years.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    I don't believe in god, but I think it is dangerous for someone to have a sudden dent in their faith in god.
    Funny, I think that any true "believer" ought be subjected to that test. Also, any "atheist" in a traditionally "Christian" nation is a freeloading dipshit. Like it or not the concepts of "Western Civilization" and "Christianity" are fused at the subatomic hip! The "Church" BUILT the West and with it all its greatest moral achievements. Good luck making people believe we're all "one race" without resorting to the concept of a universal monotheistic God when nobody can even begin to even conceive of understanding the language of the local savages .

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

praise azathoth

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    Funny, I think that any true "believer" ought be subjected to that test. Also, any "atheist" in a traditionally "Christian" nation is a freeloading dipshit. Like it or not the concepts of "Western Civilization" and "Christianity" are fused at the subatomic hip! The "Church" BUILT the West and with it all its greatest moral achievements. Good luck making people believe we're all "one race" without resorting to the concept of a universal monotheistic God when nobody can even begin to even conceive of understanding the language of the local savages .
    It is often said that when someone stops believing in god, they are capable of believing in anything, which is obviously a bad thing. However, my view is that if you are capable of believing in god, you are capable of believing in anything, which is obviously a bad thing. This is one aspect of why I think it is dangerous for someone to suddenly have a dent in their faith in god. Another issue is that suddenly losing the central pillar of your focus could have a damaging psychological impact.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It is often said that when someone stops believing in god, they are capable of believing in anything, which is obviously a bad thing. However, my view is that if you are capable of believing in god, you are capable of believing in anything, which is obviously a bad thing. This is one aspect of why I think it is dangerous for someone to suddenly have a dent in their faith in god. Another issue is that suddenly losing the central pillar of your focus could have a damaging psychological impact.
    I think it's a G.K. Chesterton quote but if so damn was he right: "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere." True Faith in the Christian "God" means you draw several lines, most all of them very beneficial to those who do so. It's not just any God I'm talking here, not some nebulous concept, but the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Whether you like it or not that Faith has, through the work of its believers, touched and influenced every modern civilization worth mentioning. For the better I dare say, for you have things like the concept of the universality of the soul to thank for ending slavery on a global scale and why most every sane educated person would never dream of actually committing Genocide against any given population.

This is what I meant by the atheists being a bunch of freeloaders. Only Christians would tolerate them to the extent they currently enjoy. Let's see them gain any hint of significant prestige in a Buddhist Theocracy or any degree of acceptance within an Islamic Caliphate. Fat chance. Thus, you'd think they'd rather like to defend the crazy bible thumpers so long as they thump those crazy tomes the right way. Nope, not so much. Thus, I regard them as idiots and fools no matter how many Ph.D's they have. But hey, H.L. Mencken did say that Democracy is the theory that the masses know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard. Smart people understand why that statement is a harsh condemnation of the intellectual capability of the masses. They'll get what they "want" good and hard all right, and not a one of them is going to like it very much...

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think it's a G.K. Chesterton quote but if so damn was he right: "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere." True Faith in the Christian "God" means you draw several lines, most all of them very beneficial to those who do so. It's not just any God I'm talking here, not some nebulous concept, but the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Whether you like it or not that Faith has, through the work of its believers, touched and influenced every modern civilization worth mentioning. For the better I dare say, for you have things like the concept of the universality of the soul to thank for ending slavery on a global scale and why most every sane educated person would never dream of actually committing Genocide against any given population.

This is what I meant by the atheists being a bunch of freeloaders. Only Christians would tolerate them to the extent they currently enjoy. Let's see them gain any hint of significant prestige in a Buddhist Theocracy or any degree of acceptance within an Islamic Caliphate. Fat chance. Thus, you'd think they'd rather like to defend the crazy bible thumpers so long as they thump those crazy tomes the right way. Nope, not so much. Thus, I regard them as idiots and fools no matter how many Ph.D's they have. But hey, H.L. Mencken did say that Democracy is the theory that the masses know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard. Smart people understand why that statement is a harsh condemnation of the intellectual capability of the masses. They'll get what they "want" good and hard all right, and not a one of them is going to like it very much...
    Christianity did not introduce anything superior to what had been previously conceived, and as a whole, has had a retrograde effect on human progress.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Christianity did not introduce anything superior to what had been previously conceived, and as a whole, has had a retrograde effect on human progress.
    I would call BS on that, but there really is no "winning" debates of this nature. We both have a side we're on before going in and no amount of argumentation will ever cause either side to budge. This is why religious wars happened and will continue to happen. By the way, Atheism counts as a religion too. Active denial of a faith is, in a very real sense, a faith all its own. We all have a religion in the end, but most won't dare admit it.

All I will say is that pretty much every civilization ever formed has or had a guiding faith/ethos behind it that formed the cultural and moral norms of that society. When that guiding faith/ethos faded into obscurity, the civilization died or was conquered shortly afterwards. Killing Christianity may seem like a good idea, but if doing that kills off Western Civilization (and it will) then I could only consider that a very, very bitter Pyrrhic victory for the secular atheists. The West is the best, and if it goes down you and everyone else who isn't brainwashed to hell and back will be quickly shown why by the more brutal civilizations that will inevitably take its place as the most prominent on the world stage. Look at what the Chinese are doing in Africa. Look at what the Muslims are doing in Sweden (i.e. the rape capital of the world). Preview of what's to come if we go down. Not exactly a bight and glorious future if ya ask me.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just going to say that getting rid of religion doesn't somehow automatically make the society better, more saner, more rational etc. and neither does having religion automatically make the society better.

However I would say that maybe ancient Chinese civilization was fairly stable and successful (probably the most advanced at the time), without much influence of religion. But of course, they were not without their problems as well.

I would actually say that religion is a net plus to the society... there are literally people who can't think and "do the right thing" without religion guiding them. Some people's brains are simply predisposed to believing in religions and higher powers.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I would call BS on that, but there really is no "winning" debates of this nature. We both have a side we're on before going in and no amount of argumentation will ever cause either side to budge. This is why religious wars happened and will continue to happen. By the way, Atheism counts as a religion too. Active denial of a faith is, in a very real sense, a faith all its own. We all have a religion in the end, but most won't dare admit it.

All I will say is that pretty much every civilization ever formed has or had a guiding faith/ethos behind it that formed the cultural and moral norms of that society. When that guiding faith/ethos faded into obscurity, the civilization died or was conquered shortly afterwards. Killing Christianity may seem like a good idea, but if doing that kills off Western Civilization (and it will) then I could only consider that a very, very bitter Pyrrhic victory for the secular atheists. The West is the best, and if it goes down you and everyone else who isn't brainwashed to hell and back will be quickly shown why by the more brutal civilizations that will inevitably take its place as the most prominent on the world stage. Look at what the Chinese are doing in Africa. Look at what the Muslims are doing in Sweden (i.e. the rape capital of the world). Preview of what's to come if we go down. Not exactly a bight and glorious future if ya ask me.
    We are living in the most peaceful and most productive time in history.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're living in a time where our children are born into thraldom to the most sheltered, selfish, entitled generation to walk the Earth that irreversibly fucked our climate and consumed far beyond their generational quota of natural resources. And you're trying to tell us there's a peaceful and productive future where we won't be ripping our brothers limb from limb for the last taste of food on this accursed rock.

If you're really so convinced that humanity can't be united by anything but visible phenotypes and primal sentiments of tribal loyalty...maybe that's more revealing of you than of the general population.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alioth View Post
    We're living in a time where our children are born into thraldom to the most sheltered, selfish, entitled generation to walk the Earth that irreversibly fucked our climate and consumed far beyond their generational quota of natural resources. And you're trying to tell us there's a peaceful and productive future where we won't be ripping our brothers limb from limb for the last taste of food on this accursed rock.

We must find solutions to fix our climate and live within our means, sure. I do not think that things are perfect, only that this is the best time in history in which to live. It would be wrong to think the past was some glory age where people did everything they could to live sustainably.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Alioth's sentiments below are accurate. I don't think they fucked over our climate but everything else is spot on. This current paradigm only ends in one way, blood, rivers of blood, mountains of rotting flesh, and a horrifying world of pain, death, and suffering. It's the Kali Yuga baby, and Kalki ain't exactly a merciful avenger if ya catch my meaning.

If you're really so convinced that humanity can't be united by anything but visible phenotypes and primal sentiments of tribal loyalty...maybe that's more revealing of you than of the general population.
    It's the only way that's ever worked according to all historical records. It's easy enough to get everyone to get along when the streets are paved with gold and you're in what amounts to a land of milk and honey. However, when the streets are stripped bare, the milk turns sour, and the honey stops flowing? Well now, that's when the "historical norm" reasserts itself. That norm? Small tribal groups fighting each other in brutal fashion for basic survival and resources. The tribes, of course, form along ethno-religious lines. Religion is the broader factor, but if things get really bad then it'll fall back to ethnicity uber alles. Always has, always will.

I don't like this fact one bit, but it's a fact. One need only look at the historical record to see it. Everyone gets along just fine in prosperous times, but when times get tough everyone forms ranks based upon the above mentioned criteria and kill each other for whatever scraps they can nab off the corpse of anyone who either don't look and/or don't pray like they do. This is human nature, you don't gotta like it but any attempt to go against it will just get you way more pain and suffering than if you had just accepted it and worked with it instead.
    Last edited by End; 03-20-2017 at 05:56 AM.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We must find solutions to fix our climate and live within our means, sure. I do not think that things are perfect, only that this is the best time in history in which to live. It would be wrong to think the past was some glory age where people did everything they could to live sustainably.
    Yeah, not to say that the best of times are far behind us. Just directly behind us, or occurring and ending right now. From this period onward, the standard of living will only decrease the world over, at least on the macroscopic scale.

However, when the streets are stripped bare, the milk turns sour, and the honey stops flowing?

No amount of collective prayer can replenish our fossil fuels.

It's funny how many attempted predictions of the political future involve the masses banding together to overcome all the odds, when history is saturated with angry masses raging and raging against their plight yet accomplishing nothing to solve it. It's the same reason the majority of the world is ruled by autocrats, indifferent to the peons below and more than eager to pave over them when it's profitable - because starving, overworked slaves make shitty revolutionary soldiers when compared to the dictator's trained, high-tech army. Point being: collective agency does not equal power - power is more closely tied to technology.

It's the same principle here: no amount of manpower can compete with the kind of technology we've developed in the past century and are just on the cusp of losing forever, and it's this technology that's caused irreversible changes to both the ecological and political setup of the planet. We will not survive life on the Earth in its current state once our tech is gone. Since there is no feasible substitute for the fossil fuels that will soon dry forever, industrial society is in its inevitable death throes.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

"In this hour I would ask of the Lord God only this: that He would give His blessing to our work, and that He may ever give us the courage to do the right. I am convinced that men who are created by God should live in accordance with the will of the Almighty. No man can fashion world history unless upon his purpose and his powers there rests the blessings of this Providence."

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hehe. Satan showed up in a thread about God. /with pathos/ Where there is light, there must be shadow.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Angels singing "There is no other explanation for this except supernatural"

This sounds edited to me. Not that it's proof against God that someone decided to fake angels singing and pass it off as real any more than iron pyrite is proof against the existence of gold, but the recording is incredibly low quality and there's a lot of noise, and throwing around things like this undermines credibility to people who aren't strongly predisposed to believe things like this. While you'd think the low-quality recording would give it more credibility since "these random people were just using the recording equipment that they happened to have so it's not faked!" the truth is that decent recording equipment is generally readily available, especially if you're an actual music ensemble (no matter how amateurish or impromptu), so the only reason to use poor-quality recordings is to provide noise to attempt to cover up the obvious signs of editing. If this is really a small ensemble doing a small gig, then that should only increase the recording quality, since a lot of the problems with recording are due to space issues which tend to be higher in gigantic auditoriums with a lot of architectural focus on resonance. Compare recording some random person for an interview (which is easy to do even on a smartphone or with a low-budget video camera) to recording any sort of concert or play. Most of the people propagating this aren't necessarily being deceitful though, just someone somewhere down the line was (see this, or tabloid journalism for that matter, the latter of which almost entirely describes mundane events, just sensationalistic ones that generally didn't happen).

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Hehe. Satan showed up in a thread about God. /with pathos/ Where there is light, there must be shadow.
    To go on a minor tangent: "Lucifer" has no explicit connection to Satan in biblical text and is actually more analogous to Ozymandias.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

To go on a minor tangent: "Lucifer" has no explicit connection to Satan in biblical text and is actually more analogous to Ozymandias.
    Who dat

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Who dat
    https://www.poetryfoundation.org/res...s/detail/46565

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

FANCYYYYYY

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

No amount of collective prayer can replenish our fossil fuels.

It's funny how many attempted predictions of the political future involve the masses banding together to overcome all the odds, when history is saturated with angry masses raging and raging against their plight yet accomplishing nothing to solve it. It's the same reason the majority of the world is ruled by autocrats, indifferent to the peons below and more than eager to pave over them when it's profitable - because starving, overworked slaves make shitty revolutionary soldiers when compared to the dictator's trained, high-tech army. Point being: collective agency does not equal power - power is more closely tied to technology.

It's the same principle here: no amount of manpower can compete with the kind of technology we've developed in the past century and are just on the cusp of losing forever, and it's this technology that's caused irreversible changes to both the ecological and political setup of the planet. We will not survive life on the Earth in its current state once our tech is gone. Since there is no feasible substitute for the fossil fuels that will soon dry forever, industrial society is in its inevitable death throes.
    Irreversible in the cities already plagued by the behavioral sink perhaps, but the people out in the country who are still trained in the traditional ways of living will not die out so easily. There will be a mass die off, a "natural selection event" in the near future. The grand majority of the urban populations will die off as they, quite frankly, have no survival skills and no adaptations to a life without modern technology and amenities.

I keep harping on this but if you haven't looked up the work of John B. Calhoun you're missing a vital piece of this puzzle. The species will survive, but only because not everyone has been fully exposed to the "utopia" of urban life and the spiritual decay and rot that results from that. The cities are doomed, only divine intervention could hope to save them. The rural populations, however, will endure (although they too will suffer significant casualties).

I also wouldn't discount those starving slaves as revolutionaries. In the past you may have been right but in the current environment of 4th Generation warfare I'd bet on them over the highly trained and technologically equipped dictator's army. I mean, look at the Middle East and Afghanistan ATM. Fat load of good all of 'Murrica's tech and training is doing their forces against a bunch of Cold War era weaponry wielding goat lovers. When the shit hits the fan for real the regular army will be worth jack shit. Victory in 4th Generation Warfare goes to who the general population believes will win when all is said and done a decade from now. Trust me, in a guerrilla warfare scenario, that's gonna be the starving slaves. Way more of them than there are Imperial Enforcers, and the revolutionaries are fighting for ideals and their very lives over the Enforcers just killing for a paycheck. The same goes for any urbanite populations who may support the Imperial forces. They too, only wanna wallow in the decadence and hedonism of modernity. When the bullets start flying and the blood starts flowing they'll bow down to the Slave Warlord right quick. Such is the state of the modern world.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Irreversible in the cities already plagued by the behavioral sink perhaps, but the people out in the country who are still trained in the traditional ways of living will not die out so easily. There will be a mass die off, a "natural selection event" in the near future. The grand majority of the urban populations will die off as they, quite frankly, have no survival skills and no adaptations to a life without modern technology and amenities.

I keep harping on this but if you haven't looked up the work of John B. Calhoun you're missing a vital piece of this puzzle. The species will survive, but only because not everyone has been fully exposed to the "utopia" of urban life and the spiritual decay and rot that results from that. The cities are doomed, only divine intervention could hope to save them. The rural populations, however, will endure (although they too will suffer significant casualties).
    It's not even related to behavioral science. Modern agricultural technology depends upon fossil fuels to yield enough food to feed the current population. IIRC the population spike didn't even happen until the development of fertilizers and pesticides circa the early 20th century; before that, you can farm all you like, but the carrying capacity of the land is just too low to make all the yields you need to support any population comparable to those that appeared during and after the spike.

"Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country." Plenty of us have heard that one. But industrial society isn't the one dependent on agriculture anymore. Now agriculture is dependent on industry. If you really think you can survive the death of fossil fuel just through subsistence farming, you need to own a large plot of fertile land, be able to grow, sustain, and irrigate all of your crops every day, every year, without any electricity; you need ways to replace and repair tools, too, some of which certainly contain moving parts and hard metals, all without any electricity or imported supplies. And you'll also need your own weapons and careful training regimen to make sure you're able to defend your property and yields, which means no modern guns or any manufactured weapons besides maybe the melee ones. I'm not saying there aren't going to be survivors, I'm saying that, realistically, it's not something you can prepare for.

Point being: food isn't the be-all end-all. The world runs on manufacturing too, and even granted that we'll somehow be able to sustain the scale of farming we could with fossil fuels (we won't), we'll need to keep our manufactures up even after the power is gone. Everyone, even rural populations, somehow feeds back into the modern industrial machine somewhere along the line, and it will strain even them when the lights finally go out. Farming in 21st or even 20th century America is not farming in the Dark Ages.

Also where I live I wouldn't even have access to food without being able to drive there. Fuck the "muh degeneracy" psychobabble crap you're attaching to this, it's all a matter of having the energy density of several slaves in the engine of my car so I can drive down the road and buy myself a damned loaf of bread, with slips of paper my civilization recognizes as valuable. The cities aren't going to fall fastest because urbanites are golem-like slaves to some memetic Illuminati mind virus or whatever you're going to call it. They're going to fall because they're the heartland of industry. They are the immediate byproduct of the transition from an agrarian economy to an industrial one. They're where the smiths and farmers congregated to trade their goods, where the tenements were erected for the workers who fueled the factories that built this world as we know it. I don't need a behavioral sink to kill me, starvation will take care of that when my engine runs out of fuel for the last time.

TL;DR whatever survives when the smoke clears won't be human - it'll be a hungry, cold naked ape, and nor will it deserve the survival it found.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ah, but it is the current manufacturing paradigm itself that is unsustainable @Alioth. The major problem the world faces is, ironically, too MUCH production. Too many things are being made, far more is being manufactured than can be reasonably consumed by any rational population. We COULD scale it all back and make the current manufacturing and consumption paradigm sustainable, but good luck convincing the PTB to stop being greedy selfish fools.

In regards to farming, well, you only need the "industrial" and "artificial" chemical fertilizers when you're practicing monoculture which only makes sense in an industrialized society with farm subsidies out the ass. You can thank Big Agra for the current fucked up state of farming. Without them, well, the scientific research on sustainable crop rotations and high-density crop production won't just up and disappear. We can already feed a great deal of people with what we already have. It's just more knowledge and labor intensive. The knowledge may be scarce, but there are people who will retain literacy and thus access to this knowledge. The only thing that's really keeping everyone from transitioning to these more eco-friendly and sustainable farming methods is, surprise surprise, the Oil and Big Agra lobbies that regulate such activity to hell and back such that the current paradigm based upon fossil fuels, GMO's, and other bullshit is kept as the most profitable. Your government and the big lobbies, once again fucking everyone over for fun and profit at the expense of the whole world. Fun times!

Also, while "modern" firearms may be out of the question long term classical muzzle loading black powder guns are easily maintained and even manufactured without modern factory equipment. Hell, I got a book on how to make your own black powder and it isn't all that hard to do all things considered. Tools can always be forged and steel isn't as hard to make as you think. Modern "tool" steel like 01, 10-series, W1&W2, "stainless" steels, etc. will be out of reach for the pre-industrial blacksmith but high and low carbon "bloom" steel is easy to make if ya got enough Iron and Charcoal to throw into a furnace. And while hard to work with if you want the "good stuff" steel wise ya can't go wrong with Crucible Steel which is also not as hard as you think to make using pre-industrial methods.

My point is, where there's a will there's a way. Most will not have the will to continue on without the conveniences of modernity yes, but enough will to ensure to continuation of the species. Things are not as hopeless as you think they are. A great culling is upon us, but humanity will endure as it always has. I just hope some record survives the event so that future generations and civilizations may be forewarned of the errors we have made...
    Last edited by End; 03-22-2017 at 05:42 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

If you ever start to question the sanity of other forum members, wander over to this place and put your mind at ease.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/pg1

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End
    The West is the best

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alioth
    TL;DR whatever survives when the smoke clears won't be human - it'll be a hungry, cold naked ape, and nor will it deserve the survival it found.
    Exactly.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." — Albert Einstein

The modern capitalist model actually originated before the time End is romanticizing. Ever heard of Thorstein Veblen? If you haven't, then you're still being spoon-fed information by Anglo-Norman businessmen, the "Illuminati" or what have you (although the way people think it all works is very, very misguided generally. The historical Bavarian Illuminati have pretty much nothing to do with any of this at all, and that's only scratching the surface). Pretty much everyone is frustrated with what appears to be the human condition, but inevitably, you generally can't see above the human condition, since you can only perceive what's in yourself, so instead, people whittle down what's in themselves and romanticize what's subhuman. However, at this point, I think the sub-human state of cold, naked apes fighting with sticks and stones is probably completely necessary. Even if people generally don't see how, it seems extremely unlikely that that would be the end of it all to me, for a lot of reasons that'd take a long time to explain and probably still not be accepted. It would be much better if people would just do what they had to do individually so we wouldn't collectively end up in a sub-human state, but I don't think that's feasible at all.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fossil fuels will likely be replaced by renewable power... look at countries like Germany for example, they're doing a pretty good job (already 34% of its electricity are generated by renewables as of 2016). With the trend of advancement in technology that they're heading... we will likely achieve 100% renewable power in a few decades... But it's also up to the people and the political will... it was possible for Germany, a big industrial country, because the people cared about clean energy and renewable power and not relying of fossil fuels and there was a political will...