Thread: How does introversion affect communication?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How does introversion affect communication?

Hey, I was wondering what all of you thought the way introversion affected communication.
    More specifically, does it only affect direct face-to-face communication or all forms of communication. Now I know that on all these socionics related message boards there are a fair share of introverts that would've probably come here for their love of socionics, but what I am asking is whether or not they may have been less likely to come because they are introverted. I ask this because in the past someone had pressured me to come to these forums and discuss things, but I did not particularly feel motivated to go and a message board to talk to people I don't know well without any other motivation, and since I wasnt that curious about talking to other people about socionics, I didnt have this other motivation to incite me to come here and chat. On top of that, people have remarked that I seem to have one of the most introverted personalities. How much of this is related to the fact that i'm introverted?

note: if "Ti" is one of your quadra values, or you wish it was, feel free to make fun of my grammar and spelling.
    If "Te" is one of quadra values, or you wish it was, feel free to make fun of my argument.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NiiTe View Post
    I ask this because in the past someone had pressured me to come to these forums and discuss things, but I did not particularly feel motivated to go and a message board to talk to people I don't know well without any other motivation, and since I wasnt that curious about talking to other people about socionics, I didnt have this other motivation to incite me to come here and chat.

then why are you still here?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have said introversion would make a message board more appealing than extroversion, as it is interaction that doesn't require you to reach out and initiate contact.

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    then why are you still here?
    YES FIGHT FOR HER!!!!!! :-PPPPPPPPPPPP
    LSI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I was wondering what all of you thought the way introversion affected communication.
    More specifically, does it only affect direct face-to-face communication or all forms of communication. Now I know that on all these socionics related message boards there are a fair share of introverts that would've probably come here for their love of socionics, but what I am asking is whether or not they may have been less likely to come because they are introverted. I ask this because in the past someone had pressured me to come to these forums and discuss things, but I did not particularly feel motivated to go and a message board to talk to people I don't know well without any other motivation, and since I wasnt that curious about talking to other people about socionics, I didnt have this other motivation to incite me to come here and chat. On top of that, people have remarked that I seem to have one of the most introverted personalities. How much of this is related to the fact that i'm introverted?

note: if "Ti" is one of your quadra values, or you wish it was, feel free to make fun of my grammar and spelling.
    If "Te" is one of quadra values, or you wish it was, feel free to make fun of my argument.
    im not sure im following you, but i cant think of a reason why introversion wouldnt apply to most or all forms of communication. to some extent, i suppose we are all capable of manipulating our appearance of introversion (in the general sense), but the kind of introversion i just discussed is a more practical, situational type of introversion than i think is meant by socionics introversion. and im not about to tell you what that is in precise terms because i am unsure myself, but when i think of introversion, i think of wittgensteins tractatus logicus. he sees the world as consisting of facts, which he calls "existent states of affairs," which are combinations of objects. objects relate to one another by their logical, internal properties. introversion, then , can be seen as a function of the relationships between objects, which are determined by internal dynamics.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    i think up to "which are combinations of objects" it's Te, then it's onto Ti. i think that when communication of Ti is done, introversion is "on".
    i don't follow.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dee: So, what your saying is that, as intovert, my first two functions, Ni and Te, are more responsive to lower band signals, than say an ENTj? What do you mean by signal types? Thats really vague.

Niffweed: What do you mean, why am I still here? Are you suggesting that what I said implies that I would never ever want to talk about socionics on a message board ever ever again? The nature of introversion happens to be something I'm interested in.

Reyn_till_runa: I'm not if I'm following you either, but are you suggesting an introvert would focus on the inner properties objects in an existant state of affairs as opposed to the external properties such a state?

and Te/Ti was just a jest at how Ti may have a tendancy to focus on smaller, less important details than Te. If this is absurd please tell me why.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the way i see it, if introverts feel inclined to say something they'll say it. perhaps ur level of introversion dictates ur level of inclination to say something u'll wanna say.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for giving me a clear answer. I wish those other people would reply, I want to know more about these high and low band signals and inner r properties of states of existence.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for giving me a clear answer. I wish those other people would reply, I want to know more about these high and low band signals and inner r properties of states of existence.
    lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ummm... what are you even asking? Does introversion affect.. perhaps your ability to what? Join a forum? Introversion is an awareness of what is inside you.. it's kind of like there are two systems of thought, or potential for thoughts: thoughts existing around you in the external world, and thoughts which you carry around with you.. memories and thought clusters in that place. it might affect your ability to get excited over a new and foreign system of thought... which you don't see relevence in. So maybe, indirectly, it would affect your tendency to join a forum you knew nothing about. Seems like a question you could of answered yourself, really