Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Donawho?
    Phil
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Donawho?
    OMG the tragedy... you do know that all talk shows of today are here because of Phil Donahue right?

and for the record... I friggin hate Bill Oreilly, but I can see where you're coming from Kim. I just wonder how much of it is an act for TV. His "fued" with ummm... what's his name? the guy who used to be on Saturday Night Live... errr... friggin brain fart

anyways... I think that guy could be ENTp which would maybe show in their conflict like relationship. (whatever... I hate using socionics this way )

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    that was the first time i've ever seen orielly
    not a good intro for developing a good opinion of him, eh
    trust me... first impressions are correct in this case

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Letterman?

Paraphrased:
    O'Reilly: We went to war with Iraq because they had WMD. It was a mistake because they didn't have any.
    But Saddam was very very bad.
    Letterman: So why don't we go into North Korea? They even SAY that they have WMD!
    O'Reilly: And what do you suppose we do there?
    ― Anais Nin

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    Letterman?

Paraphrased:
    O'Reilly: We went to war with Iraq because they had WMD. It was a mistake because they didn't have any.
    But Saddam was very very bad.
    Letterman: So why don't we go into North Korea? They even SAY that they have WMD!
    O'Reilly: And what do you suppose we do there?
    no... the really liberal guy who was part of the liberal radio station... GODDAMN! I hate that feeling of having a name on the tip of your tongue

Creepy-bg

Al Franken!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill O'Reilly is an actor playing a character. He says what he needs to in order to get ratings. This is true regardless of whatever type he is.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Bill O'Reilly is an actor playing a character. He says what he needs to in order to get ratings. This is true regardless of whatever type he is.
    No! That anger is real. Come on. Have you seen him scream at Geraldo?

Of course he knows that this also why he gets ratings, but so many people agree with him. Fox News viewers...
    ― Anais Nin

Creepy-bg

yes... I saw him on a panel once on BookTV on CSPAN. it was the time Al Franken ( ) was also presenting his book "Fair and Balanced" or maybe the Lying Liars one... anyways... Bill O'Reilly truely is that much of a cock in real life He might pump it up a bit for his TV show but the man is a hateful worm of a human being IMO

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    No! That anger is real. Come on. Have you seen him scream at Geraldo?

Of course he knows that this also why he gets ratings, but so many people agree with him. Fox News viewers...
    my parents for one God I hate that they default the TV to being on Fox News when nobody is watching it. It creeps me out having that going as background noise in the house.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not a huge fox news fan and stopped watching fox ages ago, but last i checked he probably was the only "fair and balanced" person on that network. he's still the only one that i can stomach watching. he does quite literally take into asides both sides of the issue. especially when you put him next to sean hannity or something.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-bg

I still don't like him

TIM
    ESTj-Te Subtype
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree he's probably is not a Te ego block type, but I still think he is a logical type. He has a very Beta vibe, and has that bulldog persona, so I think ESTp fits rather well.

Description from socionko.com "Their thinking is conceptual, not methodological; often they can even contradict to what they just have said, but they do not accept such reproaches: “What happened, I just considered the situation from different viewpoints!”... They often like “cat-and-mouse” logical discussion, where important is not to find the truth but to win, to “kill” the opponent with arguments. "

I personally don't find him that repulsive, at least compared to some of the crap on Fox News. At the same time, it feels like I can't really hear what he's saying, perhaps because he's my beneficiary if I'm correct about my own typing.

Many of you probably have heard about the very telling interview with NPR's Terri Gross. I believe general consensus is that Terri Gross is ENFp, and it seems characteristic of a Fi-type dealing with a Fi-polr type (accusations of unethical behavoir, moralism, uncomfortable ethical questions).

TIM
    ESTj-Te Subtype
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found another interview on the same line. At first I was having doubts that maybe he was ENTj, but I've come to the conclusion that the "character" he plays is an ENTj, but he himself seems to have a Fi-polr. Perhaps ESTP logical type. The problem I have with that typing is that he does have a bit of an intuitive look about him, but if he's logical subtype, he is almost close to a ENTp. Also, what I see as Fi-polr could be Fi-dual seeking getting a bit hit in a way only a ENFp can.

I thought this exchange was amusing

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He VIs ENTj.

He explains things in a Te way ("This is this way, here's why").

He is always making predictions ("I think this is going to happen because of this" ... "We need to do such and such to avoid so and so...").

As to his emotional manipulating, this is a trademark skill in journalism. Every good journalist can do it.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The world would be a very different place if all Te types adhered to fact.

To me, Bill O'Reilly seems like an EJ with weak Fe. He's not direct enough to be Te subtype, and I can't see the case for Si LSE over Ni LIE.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    The world would be a very different place if all Te types adhered to fact.

To me, Bill O'Reilly seems like an EJ with weak Fe. He's not direct enough to be Te subtype, and I can't see the case for Si LSE over Ni LIE.
    Yeah, his Fe is comical, and he gets really defensive when people criticize it.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colbert gave him a pretty good Fe-spanking when he went on the Factor. Didn't really shut him down in any way he hadn't already, but definitely made him look like an awkward, bumbling idiot.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw that. Colbert was very funny.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, his act threatens to get old once in a while, but mostly he's pretty hilarious. Si-ESE, I think.

TIM
    ESTj-Te Subtype
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the interviews with Terri Gross, his fi was definitely being attacked but maybe I'm confused as to how polr responds compared to dual seeking.

From Model A descriptions

The place of least resistance is your weakest function. It makes you uncomfortable, and can be tied to certain personality problems you have. You won't make an issue about this function, in fact you try to avoid it. Criticism in this point is felt the worst.

Your suggestive function has difficulty working on it's own. You take criticism well in this function, as it is seen as concern. This function causes your dependency and childishness, as you need help with it but do nothing to ask for it. If you do not recieve help, you feel like an abandoned child (why is nobody helping me?)

I still think there a reasonable argument to be made that he's ESTp. I'm not sure how it would manifest, but Te is a ESTp's demonstrative function (personally my own demonstrative function at times seems to supplant my natural personality). I still think he VIs like an intuitive though. Perhaps it's exertion type versus information type if you believe in that stuff.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow. I just listened to the interview he had with Terri Gross.
    I liked Terri Gross' approach. The questions she asked seemed designed to allow O'Reilley to set the record straight on the accusations others have given about him.

I disliked his approach. In fact, my lower jaw near dropped while listening to this interview. In it, he does the exact same thing that he accuses the accusors of doing. And he places his own spin on "the facts". And when Gross tries to get him to clarify the facts, he instead accusses her and those she quotes of spinning.

He admits that his program is basically for people with strong opinions and who are passionate about those opinions.
    But then turns around and disses other people's opinions that don't match his own.
    He also leaves very little to no room for shades of gray.

The more ya'll post of this guy, the less I like him.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    wow. I just listened to the interview he had with Terri Gross.
    I liked Terri Gross' approach. The questions she asked seemed designed to allow O'Reilley to set the record straight on the accusations others have given about him.

I disliked his approach. In fact, my lower jaw near dropped while listening to this interview. In it, he does the exact same thing that he accuses the accusors of doing. And he places his own spin on "the facts". And when Gross tries to get him to clarify the facts, he instead accusses her and those she quotes of spinning.

He admits that his program is basically for people with strong opinions and who are passionate about those opinions.
    But then turns around and disses other people's opinions that don't match his own.
    He also leaves very little to no room for shades of gray.

The more ya'll post of this guy, the less I like him.
    There is nothing wrong with disliking people because they have stupid opinions. Opinions say a lot about someone's character.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Colbert gave him a pretty good Fe-spanking when he went on the Factor. Didn't really shut him down in any way he hadn't already, but definitely made him look like an awkward, bumbling idiot.
    Colbert is great! Love how he calls O'Reilly "Papa Bear".
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bill O' Reilly

Why he is still reporting news? I don't get him. His arguments are like.....lol.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love when in the middle of debates he just cuts other people's mics off. That's real cool.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    DIE

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's an insane ENTj who over-focuses on the Super Id.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think he's LSE.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lmao, pod'lair types him

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

please no. please

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    I think he's LSE.
    agreed

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ESE so/sp 8w7. Ej temperament is the most obvious thing about him, but he is not a Ni-creative, which leaves only LSE and ESE as the likely typing choices for him. His arguments sound rather linear and overly simplified which would be evidence for ESE with 1D Ti rather than 4D Te of LSE.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    ESE so/sp 8w7. Ej temperament is the most obvious thing about him, but he is not a Ni-creative, which leaves only LSE and ESE as the likely typing choices for him. His arguments sound rather linear and overly simplified which would be evidence for ESE with 1D Ti rather than 4D Te of LSE.
    I always thought he was LSE (by, yes, his Ej temperament, but the guy unshamedly can't think, so Ej but not ENTj). I only knew one ESE, but he was also a nice guy, so I never associated O'Reilly with him.

This analysis makes sense to me.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I always thought he was LSE (by, yes, his Ej temperament, but the guy unshamedly can't think, so Ej but not ENTj). I only knew one ESE, but he was also a nice guy, so I never associated O'Reilly with him.

This analysis makes sense to me.
    It's a case where the enneagram runs at odds with socionics type stereotypes. ESE 8s exist, but the usual ESE type descriptions don't quite cover them, so they end up as outliers within their own type, hard to type even by association.

It just came to me that the whole "You can't explain that" collection of memes is probably designed to poke fun at his 1D Ti - https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/bill-...t-explain-that

Besides that I've heard this exact same advice from an ESE - "Your mom was right when she told you never to discuss politics and religion because emotions run so high in those arenas. Especially religion." - ie don't talk about politics and religion as things get heated, and it comes from someone who is perceptive of the emotional charge and its potential rancorous effects, which fits with ESE's -Fe: avoidance/elimination of negative emotion.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

O'reilly is a clear LSE-Si.

And same enneagram type as Bobby Kennedy and Steve Wilkos -- 6w5 sp/so. Bobby Kennedy was LSI-Ti.

This one is an easy call using the only accurate VI templates for each socionics type (plus subtype):

https://www.pinterest.com/socionics/lse-si/

O'reilly's central focus is on external order: grasping it, giving it, preserving it and when all else fails imposing it. Te-doms can be forceful towards this end. Remember that Te-dom imposes order. Read Jung. Te-dom leads to numerous overbearing behaviors, especially in the LSE as its plain to see that disorder is what leads O'reilly to yell at people and bully them....like in this interview with Geraldo:

"You want Anarchy! You want open border anarchy!"

Last edited by Kill4Me; 07-16-2018 at 05:48 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12