Thread: Minde & the Enneagram

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Minde & the Enneagram

What is my E type, specifically those things called "instinctual stackings"? I've been told I'm a 9w1, which seemed to make sense when I read some descriptions eons ago.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    What is my E type, specifically those things called "instinctual stackings"? I've been told I'm a 9w1, which seemed to make sense when I read some descriptions eons ago.
    9w1 fits you well imo and I have no problem with that. As for instinctual stacking, you come across as sp first to me, but I'm not so sure about your secondary instinct as I can see you as sp/so, but I wouldn't rule out sp/sx. You should check out this link btw as its very helpful for deciphering instinctual stackings: http://ocean-moonshine.net/e14285736...position=80:80
    Last edited by Raver; 08-21-2012 at 10:47 PM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Social first.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

have you considered 1?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my gut instinct says E1 or E9 sp/sx, you remind me so much of my sister-in-law for whom I'm stuck between the same typings. you seem a bit more restrained than E9s are IME, more in control...but maybe that could just be sp-first.

I like this chart for explaining the differences between sp, sx and so: http://www.enneagram.net/subtypeschart.html
    + these descriptions: http://ocean-moonshine.net/e14285736...position=80:80

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E9 sounds good.

...sx last please, so I'm not the only one.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    E9 sounds good.

...sx last please, so I'm not the only one.
    Don't forget krig and ESC.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Don't forget krig and ESC.
    The Few. The Proud.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    you seem a bit more restrained than E9s are IME, more in control...
    this is my impression too. not that it's impossible, i see it as likelier than several other types, but i could more easily see you as a 1.

as for instincts my only impression is that sx-first is unlikely.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    9w1 fits you well imo and I have no problem with that. As for instinctual stacking, you come across as sp first to me, but I'm not so sure about your secondary instinct as I can see you as sp/so, but I wouldn't rule out sp/sx. You should check out this link btw as its very helpful for deciphering instinctual stackings: http://ocean-moonshine.net/e14285736...position=80:80
    The link appears broken.

Is there anything that makes sp seem likely for me?

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Social first.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    my gut instinct says E1 or E9 sp/sx, you remind me so much of my sister-in-law for whom I'm stuck between the same typings. you seem a bit more restrained than E9s are IME, more in control...but maybe that could just be sp-first.

I like this chart for explaining the differences between sp, sx and so: http://www.enneagram.net/subtypeschart.html
    + these descriptions: http://ocean-moonshine.net/e14285736...position=80:80
    Thanks for the links.

E9s are not restrained? What kinds of things might set them off that a 1 would be better able to handle?

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    have you considered 1?
    I have, yes. From what I remember I related more to E9. I don't mind reconsidering, though.

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    this is my impression too. not that it's impossible, i see it as likelier than several other types, but i could more easily see you as a 1.

as for instincts my only impression is that sx-first is unlikely.
    What sorts of things have I said/done here that point more toward 1 than 9?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The link appears broken.

Is there anything that makes sp seem likely for me?
    http://ocean-moonshine.net/e14285736...position=80:80

I fixed it, it looks like Radio linked it too anyways. You seem like a very private person to me in that you don't want to reveal too much about yourself, which is what I identify with sp firsts. I'm not sure about your second instinct, but I guess so is the most likely with sx remaining a possibility. The chart that radio gave should help you in deciphering which one would fit you better.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fixed it, it looks like Radio linked it too anyways.
    Thanks!

You seem like a very private person to me in that you don't want to reveal too much about yourself, which is what I identify with sp firsts. I'm not sure about your second instinct, but I guess so is the most likely with sx remaining a possibility.
    Yeah, I do tend to be pretty private, though I don't think I necessarily consciously try to hide - not when in person, anyway. In fact, I think if anyone were to just observe me they'd see a whole lot, including things I'm not trying to express. Privacy is a habit of self-preservation, yes, but also... not wanting to "invade" other people by pushing my own self on them. Probably not very rational, but there it is.

The chart that radio gave should help you in deciphering which one would fit you better.
    I could do a lot of this research on my own, and I probably will a bit. But part of why I'm asking here is that I want a perspective outside of my own. I could match up myself with descriptions as per how I see myself, and be perfectly accurate and have a solid self-typing. But there are things about myself that I can't see or understand as well from my own perspective (that's true of everybody). So someone else can just as easily have an accurate, solid typing of me that's a bit different, because that's how they perceive me, how I am to them. Things like that give me a more holistic picture of things, which I find helpful.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Thanks!
    You're welcome.

Yeah, I do tend to be pretty private, though I don't think I necessarily consciously try to hide - not when in person, anyway. In fact, I think if anyone were to just observe me they'd see a whole lot, including things I'm not trying to express. Privacy is a habit of self-preservation, yes, but also... not wanting to "invade" other people by pushing my own self on them. Probably not very rational, but there it is.
    Yeah, this is primarily why I felt sp first made a lot of sense for you as for sx dominants tend to be intense, so dominants are open and sp dominants are closed.

I could do a lot of this research on my own, and I probably will a bit. But part of why I'm asking here is that I want a perspective outside of my own. I could match up myself with descriptions as per how I see myself, and be perfectly accurate and have a solid self-typing. But there are things about myself that I can't see or understand as well from my own perspective (that's true of everybody). So someone else can just as easily have an accurate, solid typing of me that's a bit different, because that's how they perceive me, how I am to them. Things like that give me a more holistic picture of things, which I find helpful.
    That's true. As for different typings of you I guess I can see 1w9 as a possibility like others have mentioned in this thread. So basically I'd say you are either 9w1 or 1w9 and sp/so or sp/sx if I had to narrow it down to the most likely typings. 1w9 seems plausible in that you seem to have more control of your life then a typical 9w1 would, but that could be non-enneagram related.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So you settled on E9 long time ago, fine. Check this out: click me - I know it is nothing conclusive in most cases, but just a step one might/might not take.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for different typings of you I guess I can see 1w9 as a possibility like others have mentioned in this thread. So basically I'd say you are either 9w1 or 1w9 and sp/so or sp/sx if I had to narrow it down to the most likely typings. 1w9 seems plausible in that you seem to have more control of your life then a typical 9w1 would, but that could be non-enneagram related.
    I have a vote for sp or sx first, from outside this forum.

Are 9w1s considered out of control?

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    So you settled on E9 long time ago, fine. Check this out: click me - I know it is nothing conclusive in most cases, but just a step one might/might not take.
    Thanks for the link. I shall try it. And then pester you for your opinion.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I have a vote for sp or sx first, from outside this forum.

Are 9w1s considered out of control?
    Interesting, if people are considering you as sx first then that would lean towards sp/sx being more likely than sp/so. I wouldn't say 9w1s are out of control, just compared to 1w9s they are less in control.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, if people are considering you as sx first then that would lean towards sp/sx being more likely than sp/so. I wouldn't say 9w1s are out of control, just compared to 1w9s they are less in control.
    Not to be pedantic, but what does it mean to be in control? Like, goal-setting and focused and driven in a, I dunno, careerish sense? Or more like not-scattered, capable and having it together in daily life? Or something else? (I admit, I might be focusing a little too much on this detail...)

And, yeah, they said my focus is much more personal than a so would be.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Not to be pedantic, but what does it mean to be in control? Like, goal-setting and focused and driven in a, I dunno, careerish sense? Or more like not-scattered, capable and having it together in daily life? Or something else? (I admit, I might be focusing a little too much on this detail...)

And, yeah, they said my focus is much more personal than a so would be.
    The way I saw in control was pretty much the way you defined it and of course these things could also be based on health levels as a healthy 9 or 1 would have more control of their lives than an unhealthy 9 or 1.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks for the link. I shall try it. And then pester you for your opinion.
    Sounds fair.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds fair.
    It might take a couple of weeks. The chances of me accessing the interwebz the next little while is rather low, and since that's a web-based test...

Where I'm going there's supposedly going to be an Enneagram thingy, and one of my companions showed interest in going, so I might go with him. Then I might come back an expert, or a guru even. Watch out; I know what you think of gurus.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It might take a couple of weeks. The chances of me accessing the interwebz the next little while is rather low, and since that's a web-based test...

Where I'm going there's supposedly going to be an Enneagram thingy, and one of my companions showed interest in going, so I might go with him. Then I might come back an expert, or a guru even. Watch out; I know what you think of gurus.
    Alright, I'm looking forward to it...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hijack

They always want to give me 7/8

You are most likely a type 7 (the Enthusiast) with 8 wing

Social variant

Type 7 SO
    Type 8 SO
    Type 3 SX
    Type 2 SX
    Type 4 SX
    Type 1 SX
    Type 9 SX
    Type 6 SX
    Type 5 SX
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

E3 and E7 I seem to have slight problems with, as in discerning between the two for greater efficiency in individuals like you on a forum like this. People are deceptive and it takes time to break through that facade. Given those three I bet you have accounts from people that do know you.

You can always ditch it completely for it is just Enneagram, like many more things. Not kidding. Just observe people on here and how they actually break it by E-type/Sociotype correlations and still swim in it convinced it is fine.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, I'm a 3w4, there's not really a doubt in my mind about that. I just find it odd I test as 7 and 8 more frequently.

/hijack, back to minde plz
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I mean, I'm a 3w4, there's not really a doubt in my mind about that. I just find it odd I test as 7 and 8 more frequently.

/hijack, back to minde plz
    It's just a test...

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UDP has met me and says I'm definitely a 9. Apparently I make decisions like one.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Hijack

They always want to give me 7/8

You are most likely a type 7 (the Enthusiast) with 8 wing

Social variant

Type 7 SO
    Type 8 SO
    Type 3 SX
    Type 2 SX
    Type 4 SX
    Type 1 SX
    Type 9 SX
    Type 6 SX
    Type 5 SX
    We cant agree on jack shit, yet our last test scores are the same. Go figure. ps. reply to your damn PM's, Mr. Honk E.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumping because now I'm curious about my instinct stacking. Sp first has been suggested to me.

Anyone who's interacted with (or stalked) me, what do you think?

Here's a page that has 9w1 descriptions of each of the different ones. I can see a bit of me in almost all of them...

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and I finally took the test Absurd linked to:

You are most likely a type 9 (the Peacemaker) with 1 wing

Self-preservation variant

Type 9 SP
    Type 6 SO
    Type 5 SO
    Type 1 SP
    Type 4 SP
    Type 2 SP
    Type 3 SP
    Type 7 SO
    Type 8 SX
    So... there's that.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been thinking about this again. SP first seems good. Still waffling a bit on the second one, but leaning toward SX.

Looking at Bliss Stream's Descriptions for the 9w1 Stackings:

sp/so 9w1

They are the most persona non gratta 9w1s.... They have a warm, gentle and diplomatic feel about them as if nobody is home. Their presence is wimpy and resigned, but occasionally they might erupt in a burst of gut truth like somebody sliding head first into home plate. They sometimes take testy, tough, and immoveable positions with relatives.... But inevitably resign themselves to putting their heads in the sand. They can have an unassuming ambition and fall into depression or bouts of despair not having yet made a mark...They are reliable reporters of what's going on socially and are more stuck to people in their environment than they let on. Unlike sp/sx 9w1, this stack sticks to their routines much longer and more consistently in the details of their activity day in and day out, right down to the conversations they have with people and the inflections and tones they use in their voice. They may seem like 5w6 in their scientific orientation. But they are unshakeable idealists when it comes to their sense of duty and social responsibility. They will do what's necessary without fanfare but can seem cool and aloof as if it's all process. They contain a social motor of willpower that lacks self-awareness. This same aloofness can show up as an indifference towards the needs of family members when they are under stress. They see how everything subjective is ultimately swallowed up into nothing, giving them a long, long view of events. They know when they can move the "templates" of reality forward through their unconscious sense for which way the winds are blowing. But in doing so, they still retain the detachment to narrate events as if they weren't the ones moving them.

sp/sx 9w1

This typewingstack most clearly embodies Jung's Introverted Sensation style. They are the eyes and fingers of the universe examining itself. They are most aware of how everyone is connected indirectly through the swamps of psychic muck. They have a sense of adventure and view the world as a playground where they can move beyond the biases of their own ego by learning about the world around them. They learn about themselves by learning about others and they want to grasp every interesting person they encounter at the level of the unconscious....engagement isn't exactly necessary but rather they have an extrasensory decoder for the subconscious... They aren't burdened by social obligations, so their inner aesthetic is a daily source of nourishment. Their internal repose slows things down so they can get a better look and feel for the world around them....they see the textures that others miss and can articulate the texture in a way that taps into the electrical charge of reality. Their convictions and ideals are more personal than sp/so, but also unshakeable. They cobble together their own basic truths without the drag of social responsibility and embrace philosophies as flexible as necessary to accommodate their personal epiphanies...they believe that words and language are imperfect and childish tools to communicate these truths and epiphanies. They feel truth can only be hinted at through aesthetics such as art or film or music. They are drawn to and fascinated by the language of the unspoken and believe this is where all the intentions of life spring.... They view words as primitive and utilitarian, and attune themselves to the subconscious realm (under the spoken word) where it is impossible for people to hide their inner being....They can resemble 5w4s in their grasp for subtlety, but they are working at a more elemental level where nothing is purely true, but nothing is purely not true. All expression is a distortion of the truth that relates to the origin of the cosmos. Every act pertains to "god" "creation" the "singularity." Even people's masks and false propositions are distortions of this truth. They are more interested in the elemental forces that move events rather than the event itself. They have access to archetypes in the unconscious where mythological battles can be hashed out while keeping the 9 disconnected from their instinct. They have the freedom to play around with absurdity and imagine extreme 'violence' and destruction against the elements they have merged with in their imagination. They view life as a series of inevitabilities...They take a passive role in relationships as if they were fully merged with the universe's agenda to let all things happen as they must.
    I am much more drawn to the second one (though I do think words are important...). The first is meh.

Hm, hm, hm...

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been thinking about this again. SP first seems good. Still waffling a bit on the second one, but leaning toward SX.

Looking at Bliss Stream's Descriptions for the 9w1 Stackings:

I am much more drawn to the second one (though I do think words are important...). The first is meh.

Hm, hm, hm...
    Based on what I know of you through the forum, the sp/sx description is a much better fit.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To elaborate, as I realize just saying that probably isn't helpful, this stood out to me: "They learn about themselves by learning about others and they want to grasp every interesting person they encounter at the level of the unconscious." You're probably one of the only people I can recall who often brings up various people you know, describing them and typing them on the forum. And the descriptions are personal, you can tell that you're really looking to understand the person through your observations. And you do not come across like this: "They have a warm, gentle and diplomatic feel about them as if nobody is home. Their presence is wimpy and resigned" Also, the sp/sx description touched on what I see in your photography, an observer of the world around you, capturing things as you see them. Er, that's maybe poorly explained, but hopefully you get what I mean.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    To elaborate, as I realize just saying that probably isn't helpful, this stood out to me: "They learn about themselves by learning about others and they want to grasp every interesting person they encounter at the level of the unconscious." You're probably one of the only people I can recall who often brings up various people you know, describing them and typing them on the forum. And the descriptions are personal, you can tell that you're really looking to understand the person through your observations. And you do not come across like this: "They have a warm, gentle and diplomatic feel about them as if nobody is home. Their presence is wimpy and resigned" Also, the sp/sx description touched on what I see in your photography, an observer of the world around you, capturing things as you see them. Er, that's maybe poorly explained, but hopefully you get what I mean.
    That is great, thank you! While I can sense how people feel about things in a general sense, I have a very hard time perceiving how I come across to others. So this is helpful in that sense as well as in how you're breaking it down.

I'm starting to settle into the sp/sx, yes.