Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sex and introverted sensing Si

Default Sex and introverted sensing Si

Introverted sensing is probably the function related to sex

So depending on where it is in a type's functional hierarchy, it would predict their skill & attitude towards it

Base - Naturally good at sex, able to 'lure' a partner by adjusting their appearance and body language, as well as the external environment. Confident in their attractiveness and those of others. Sex is preceded by elaborate foreplay, base constantly attunes their movements to their partner's to keep both in harmony. Able to feel the other's pleasure as their own, and instinctively knows how to prolong pleasure over time.
    Additionally, easily repels unwanted sexual advances by creating waves of discomfort (related to restrictive)

Creative - Creative in sex, able to relax and sensually arouse practically anyone. Partner's desires take priority over their own. sexual activity is dependent on their base however, and not given the importance of base, and so one could go long periods without it.

Role - Sensitive to anything that could cause discomfort, such as bad smells, poor hygiene, unusual tone of voice. Uncertain of their own sexual appeal, needs a partner to confidently confirm it and be able to take the lead. Quite indulgent at times, though more likely to suffer from self imposed shame.

POLR - Sexually picky. Needs a partner to conform to an inner ideal, will not have sex with just anyone. Sensitive to manifestations of discomfort in their partner but has no natural ability to ease it, expects the partner to adapt to them. Will be quite restless and uneasy without this adaptation. Real sensations at risk of becoming subordinated to imagination, so they sometimes lose touch with their true sensual preferences and those of their partner.

Suggestive - Hesitates to initiate sex unless partner is clearly receptive. Often oblivious to their partner's discomfort and their own, can unintentionally attract or repel a partner by their mannerisms, clothing choices, etc. Evasive of strong sexual advances, but receptive to gentleness, needs a lenient partner who can go at their sometimes 'staccato' pace. Sex takes a backseat to intellectual pursuits so is sometimes sexually inert.

Mobilizing - Needs to be certain about their sexual attractiveness or suffers self esteem issues. Trusts only time tested feelings of sexual desire, and can become possessive of partner. Often romantic and creative during sex, attempts to create an alluring atmosphere, resentful when this is not appreciated or reciprocated. Sexual preferences sometimes unique, unaligned with social norms.

Restrictive - Confident of themselves and their right to sex, able to easily initiate sex when desired. Not deterred by the hesitation of their partner, will pursue them. Strongly aware of their sexual preferences and will insist on them to their partner. Sex is viewed as a natural part of life, and a way to release their considerable volitional energy

Demonstrative - Sexually robust, with the right partner can have passionate intense sex for a long time. Easily and unconsciously conforms to the partner's sexual ideal. In periods between sex maintains an unconscious receptivity to it.

---

edit: PROBABLY related to sex, reiterating that for everyone's attention. i do believe introverted sensing is involved in sex but the details of what ive written here are mostly speculation, ie pure guesswork really. if your own experiences contradict them feel free to oppose.

as for why is involved, i kind of think the introverted/extroverted functions work in tandem and that goes for every pair not just se/si and not just in sex. its like one provides the background for the other, attention flips between both
    Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 11-24-2014 at 10:20 PM.

i've never heard of ''*insert function* restrictive'' before!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting way to look at the use of Si. Makes my husband ESXp and myself INXp.

Next in line as possible for myself would be ENXj, ENXp and then INXj.
    Last edited by Hays; 11-24-2014 at 10:19 PM.

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does that mean SEI's & SLI's make the best lovers and prostitutes?

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just cuz they focus on their internal sensations, that doesn,t mean they are focused on their partner's.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Demonstrative - Sexually robust, with the right partner can have passionate intense sex for a long time. Easily and unconsciously conforms to the partner's sexual ideal. In periods between sex maintains an unconscious receptivity to it.

Ooh. I don't mean to brag but this describes my boyfriend quite nicely.

Role - Sensitive to anything that could cause discomfort, such as bad smells, poor hygiene, unusual tone of voice. Uncertain of their own sexual appeal, needs a partner to confidently confirm it and be able to take the lead. Quite indulgent at times, though more likely to suffer from self imposed shame.

This used to TOTALLY be me, but I think there's a bit of unhealthiness in this description. Like now I don't fret about my boyfriend seeing my leg hair grow out between waxing sessions. That would have been a huge source of anxiety before.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post

So depending on where it is in a type's functional hierarchy, it would predict their skill & attitude towards it

Base - Naturally good at sex, able to 'lure' a partner by adjusting their appearance and body language, as well as the external environment. Confident in their attractiveness and those of others. Sex is preceded by elaborate foreplay, base constantly attunes their movements to their partner's to keep both in harmony. Able to feel the other's pleasure as their own, and instinctively knows how to prolong pleasure over time.
    Additionally, easily repels unwanted sexual advances by creating waves of discomfort (related to restrictive)

Creative - Creative in sex, able to relax and sensually arouse practically anyone. Partner's desires take priority over their own. sexual activity is dependent on their base however, and not given the importance of base, and so one could go long periods without it.

POLR - Sexually picky. Needs a partner to conform to an inner ideal, will not have sex with just anyone. Sensitive to manifestations of discomfort in their partner but has no natural ability to ease it, expects the partner to adapt to them. Will be quite restless and uneasy without this adaptation. Real sensations at risk of becoming subordinated to imagination, so they sometimes lose touch with their true sensual preferences and those of their partner.

Suggestive - Hesitates to initiate sex unless partner is clearly receptive. Often oblivious to their partner's discomfort and their own, can unintentionally attract or repel a partner by their mannerisms, clothing choices, etc. Evasive of strong sexual advances, but receptive to gentleness, needs a lenient partner who can go at their sometimes 'staccato' pace. Sex takes a backseat to intellectual pursuits so is sometimes sexually inert.

Mobilizing - Needs to be certain about their sexual attractiveness or suffers self esteem issues. Trusts only time tested feelings of sexual desire, and can become possessive of partner. Often romantic and creative during sex, attempts to create an alluring atmosphere, resentful when this is not appreciated or reciprocated. Sexual preferences sometimes unique, unaligned with social norms.

Restrictive - Confident of themselves and their right to sex, able to easily initiate sex when desired. Not deterred by the hesitation of their partner, will pursue them. Strongly aware of their sexual preferences and will insist on them to their partner. Sex is viewed as a natural part of life, and a way to release their considerable volitional energy

Sorry but this is nothing but stereotyping
    is an informational element. How you react on it depends on yourself.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"Introverted sensing is probably the function related to sex"

You start with a probably, then you go to all that effort to type the rest out. Why?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

uhm why does Se ego have to be defined in relation to Si?

Demonstrative
    - Sexually robust, with the right partner can have passionate intense sex for a long time. Easily and unconsciously conforms to the partner's sexual ideal. In periods between sex maintains an unconscious receptivity to it.

I thought Si is about baking brownies and dancing on slow music till one falls asleep on the lover's shoulder, not sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    "Introverted sensing is probably the function related to sex"

You start with a probably, then you go to all that effort to type the rest out. Why?
    basically if it WAS true, it might manifest the way i described. not saying it actually does.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I can't really say how others experience their Si but I relate to this. Also some sensations seem like an alien invasion to me and I need to, um, get rid of them as soon as possible. I can be very oversensitive to all of my senses sometimes. I always appreciate when someone else guides me through it and helps me relax, instead of fighting it. Otherwise I am overwhelmed, can't think clearly, and sometimes over responsive...lost in sensation.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Sorry but this is nothing but stereotyping
    is an informational element. How you react on it depends on yourself.
    i agree, its generalizing it to a high degree. no doubt individual use manifests differently.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

During Sex like any other activity you get constant Information through your IE. Probably you get more than or unless you sleep with someone to move up the career ladder

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so how do Ne types experience sex lol. like constantly evaluating "she had c reaction it could mean x, y, or z?"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    During Sex like any other activity you get constant Information through your IE. Probably you get more than or unless you sleep with someone to move up the career ladder
    Ti base types seem to plan their sexual activity lol like first I'll start with kissing then move to digital play, then I'll rip her shirt for visual appeal, then move to the bedroom LOL. Oh lord. It has to made into some check list
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    so how do Ne types experience sex lol. like constantly evaluating "she had c reaction it could mean x, y, or z?"
    I like super spontaneous sex. Anytime anywhere as long as we don't get into physically compromising situations and don't inflict bodily damage and no s&m, whipping what ever else extremely fetishy.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doea not seem like my ne.

with sex tbh there is not a lot of conscious thought in me, except for trying to be mindful of my partners signals and breathing and moaning.
    ne users still use si.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Again, I'm not Ne-base if this is true!
    Neither am I. I figured I'm close enough therefore I might as well answer the question
    -

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This doesn't really accord with my experience, neither the premise nor the descriptions.

If sex were so influenced by I doubt I could even tolerate it.

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I like super spontaneous sex. Anytime anywhere as long as we don't get into physically compromising situations and don't inflict bodily damage and no s&m, whipping what ever else extremely fetishy.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't know about all of this. if si is "being in tune with ones senses to some spectacular and exceptional degree (relative to others)" does that equate to being a sex god? i rather think not. also, i mean, maybe your si would just better acquaint you with the disgusting sensory world of foul odors and physically disgusting things and so you'd prefer not have sex ever at all.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ Worst sex EVER with an Si ego bleeeeech

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestive ... Sex takes a backseat to intellectual pursuits
    I can do mathematical calculations in my head while having sex

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't sex but I remember reading this:

"According to Von Franz, the introverted intuitive has particular trouble in the area of sex. Such types are not the world's greatest lovers, simply because they have so little sense of what is happening in their own bodies or that of their partners. At the same time, they are inclined to have a prurient nature- reflecting the inferior and therefore primitive sensation function- and through lack of judgment will come out with coarse and socially inappropriate sexual allusions."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne/Ni users probably focus more on the buildup and aftermath than the actual physical experience itself?

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

basically if it WAS true, it might manifest the way i described. not saying it actually does.
    It absolutely wouldn't because you can have Si base and be crap in bed.

BTW I can also see how you could replace the word sex with the word cooking, maybe that will help put it into perspective that for you that it is more like a skill someone can develop or not have for various non socionic related reasons.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    It absolutely wouldn't because you can have Si base and be crap in bed.

BTW I can also see how you could replace the word sex with the word cooking, maybe that will help put it into perspective that for you that it is more like a skill someone can develop or not have for various non socionic related reasons.
    I could have latent talent for the violin, but if no one ever gave me a violin lesson until I was 28 then I would be pretty crappy at it

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryoka14 View Post
    I could have latent talent for the violin, but if no one ever gave me a violin lesson until I was 28 then I would be pretty crappy at it
    You could have a talent to run fast.

Maybe people are just trying to work out what Si is - everything else gets actual stuff attached to it right

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IE does not equal what activities you engage in. Especially not something as basic as sex.

The argument about violin is silky, because some skills develop best when learned at a young age, and others aren't dependent on that. @Words mentioned cooking ... something you can learn at any age.

Tonight I'm gonna have some nice Se sex just to prove all this shit wrong.

Creepy-male

Every SEI I've sexed has just laid there like a dead fish until I changed things up. This thread is silly.

Oh and @GOLDEN : record a video of tonight's activities as evidence proving these fools all wrong. thnnx
    Last edited by male; 11-25-2014 at 04:29 PM.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryoka14 View Post
    We could all have latent talents for orgasming, but if no one ever taught you how to help someone else have orgasms with you, then you would be pretty crappy at sex.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This doesn't hold any water in reality whatsoever. Theory gone wild.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I have watched TV over someone's shoulder during bad sex and got caught. I also have gone so deep into my imagination that I was not really mentally there with them.

I wonder what functions were responsible.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I have watched TV over someone's shoulder during bad sex and got caught. I also have gone so deep into my imagination that I was not really mentally there with them.

I wonder what functions were responsible.
    Idk, it depends. Bad sex can have you mentally elsewhere, fantasy can as well, fucking someone and thinking of someone else can has you mentally elsewhere, etc. Maybe you didn't have an aggressor to bring you down out of your thoughts and into the moment?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly From Wally World View Post
    Idk, it depends. Bad sex can have you mentally elsewhere, fantasy can as well, fucking someone and thinking of someone else can has you mentally elsewhere, etc. Maybe you didn't have an aggressor to bring you down out of your thoughts and into the moment?
    Thank you Dr JungFreud. I find your analysis very informative. Can you perhaps post some images to illustrate what an aggressor bringing me into the moment would look like? Thanks again for your timely response.

yours truly,

Patient XYZ

YWIMW

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thank you Dr JungFreud. I find your analysis very informative. Can you perhaps post some images to illustrate what an aggressor bringing me into the moment would look like? Thanks again for your timely response.

yours truly,

Patient XYZ
    Patient XYZ, perhaps imagine getting enough force and activity where it keeps you present or less able to drift back into that world. The introverted intuitive seems divorced from present reality, your aggressor is the most capable of bringing you down out of your thoughts, making you a mistress to the present. You may not ever become married to it but you can get intimate with it from time to time.

Last edited by Olly From Wally World; 11-25-2014 at 05:45 PM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

^ Aggressor action is never safe for work.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

POLR - Sexually picky. Needs a partner to conform to an inner ideal, will not have sex with just anyone.
    That is completely true of me.

Sensitive to manifestations of discomfort in their partner but has no natural ability to ease it, expects the partner to adapt to them. Will be quite restless and uneasy without this adaptation.
    That is not completely true. I am aware of what my partner needs and attempt to provide it. Discomfort in my partner would be unacceptable to me. But I also do expect my partner be able to adapt to me as well. I will add that I remember reading somewhere on this forum that victims were not into caregiver sex and I believe that is true. Aggression (to a point) is more appealing to me. I am not sure if it is possible for an infantile or caregiver to successfully emulate an aggressor attitude. This is really hard to explain, but too much Si valuing behavior in my partner is not a turn on.

Real sensations at risk of becoming subordinated to imagination, so they sometimes lose touch with their true sensual preferences and those of their partner.
    Not exactly, but there is definitely an elusive mental component to it that is hard to describe.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly From Wally World View Post
    Patient XYZ, perhaps imagine getting enough force and activity where it keeps you present or less able to drift back into that world. The introverted intuitive seems divorced from present reality, your aggressor is the most capable of bringing you down out of your thoughts, making you a mistress to the present. You may not ever become married to it but you can get intimate with it from time to time.

Oh my Dr JungFreud!

I feel these strange sensations in me...

What is this i am feeling??? ??? If so scented candles, showers and the right atmosphere is imperative! See I relate to the op in his analysis, in relation to me, but I understand that not everyone is the same. I'm different, yeah I'm different.

So are your prescribing a higher dose of ? Is that what I am seeking? I think I may need ten sessions and I will be cured!

Yours truly,

Patient XYZ

YWIMW

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh my Dr JungFreud!

I feel these strange sensations in me...

What is this i am feeling??? ??? If so scented candles, showers and the right atmosphere is imperative! See I relate to the op in his analysis, in relation to me, but I understand that not everyone is the same. I'm different, yeah I'm different.

So are your prescribing a higher dose of ? Is that what I am seeking? I think I may need ten sessions and I will be cured!

Yours truly,

Patient XYZ
    Patient XYZ, it's all the question of how one should deal with the suppressive relationship between their dominant and suggestive functions. The more the introverted intuitive is into their , the more their unconscious prurient comes out. So perhaps, taking my scheme of typology into consideration with this Socionics theory, your dual/aggressor gives you more balance by making you more present from time to time. As far as dosages go, how much I'm prescribing would depend on how much you are already getting. I would encourage spontaneous traveling, introverted intutiives get lost in new cities quite easily but going there alone will make you have to focus more presently to fully navigate. Of course, intense intercourse, too, like the illustrations I showed you, as well as whatever little exercises you can come up with, whatever can make you feel more present to external reality. Your aggressor/dual can, of course, help with this.

Ciao Ciao

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast