TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shakealittle View Post
    EXACTLY.

If you want an ISTj to reconisder you:
    1. Recognise that we value hard work and determination --> go out of your way to provide EVIDENCE that you embody those qualities AND be consistent
    You'd better offer a reason to expect it then. And, you'd have better already made every effort to make the experience as easy as possible -- that is, if it's difficult at all, then it had better be because no one could think of a way to make it easier. INTjs will accept nothing less. We -- but such should only be demanded when there is no other way. Anything less is utter arrogance. (Machintruc calls ISTjs narrowminded for a reason, you know!)

I know that not all ISTjs really prize unnecessary effort -- not all ISTjs are alike.

2. Respect their authority/ have some humility --> be honest about your faults and demonstrate ways in which you try to overcome them (refer to 1)

Adhere to both these points and they'll put you in the most favourable position given the circumstance.
    It's been said before: INTj respect is earned, never acquiesced. The burden for my respect is respect for my logical sensibility.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    You'd better offer a reason to expect it then. And, you'd have better already made every effort to make the experience as easy as possible -- that is, if it's difficult at all, then it had better be because no one could think of a way to make it easier. INTjs will accept nothing less. We -- but such should only be demanded when there is no other way. Anything less is utter arrogance. (Machintruc calls ISTjs narrowminded for a reason, you know!)

I know that not all ISTjs really prize unnecessary effort -- not all ISTjs are alike.

It's been said before: INTj respect is earned, never acquiesced. The burden for my respect is respect for my logical sensibility.
    instead of always focusing on what you can't do and why you can't act different you should explore what where you CAN bend.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    instead of always focusing on what you can't do and why you can't act different you should explore what where you CAN bend.
    I do, this point simply isn't one of them.

Creepy-bg

I do, this point simply isn't one of them.
    fair enough

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're a great example of someone who needs their dual very much, a confident one that you wouldn't scare the shit out of when you talk to them. They'd most likely stop you and just shake the shit out of you before telling you to chill the fuck out and be a bit more rational about your predicament.

Shitty things in life are much easier to blame on other people but most of the time you need to refocus your little lens on reality and see, oops... I fucked up there... and then fix the situation, even if you have to sacrifice a little pride to do so.

Seriously though, and I'd rather not put this the wrong way but there's no other way for me to say it... and of course I know you'll just attack the shit out of me for saying it. BUT... You seem to have some MAJOR issues when it comes to dealing with people... You can be the most intelligent person in the world, and reeeeeally think so like you obviously do... but when it comes down to it, that won't help you out in any way if nobody will take you seriously. Now, the problem... is that you come across as "serious" in all the wrong ways. Which, as you pointed out... scared the hell out of your professors and makes them want to "get rid of you."

It's really sad though, because I already know what your reply will be to this, and i'm sure there will be a you're not intelligent to be in this convo, or you don't know what you're talking about, or some other defensive remark telling me I'm full of shit and you're right because of x, y, z reasons... and deep down... this is your problem, it's much bigger than just this incident with school too though... I just hope that at some point you realize it.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offense meant, but some of you guys are being awful hard on tcaud...

Remember that this just happened to him, and that it takes usually awhile to gain crystal clear perspective re: what's happened in one's life--for most of us, including me and probably most of you too...

He's an intelligent guy who will figure it out in one way or another... There is no need to try to force him to 'take a look in the mirror' or put him on the defensive.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What were you saying about arrogance?

Your response is a good example of why you're in this predicament.

You're so intent on justifying your stance that you lose all focus on a practical solution to your problems and when offered one, the same situation arises again.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, apparently much more so than whether what you say has any reality, or whether it is effective or not.

Quote Originally Posted by shakealittle View Post
    Your response is a good example of why you're in this predicament.

You're so intent on justifying your stance that you lose all focus on a practical solution to your problems and when offered one, the same situation arises again.
    Mhm

Maybe he should spend less time trying to justify your logical sensibility and just focus on what you need to do to move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    No offense meant, but some of you guys are being awful hard on tcaud...

Remember that this just happened to him, and that it takes usually awhile to gain crystal clear perspective re: what's happened in one's life--for most of us, including me and probably most of you too...

He's an intelligent guy who will figure it out in one way or another... There is no need to try to force him to 'take a look in the mirror' or put him on the defensive.
    You bring balance to the force. That is why the world needs people like you

What I needed to see, when I was in Tcau's situation (which I was) was a little of both. I needed someone to be stubbornly an ass to me and make sure I saw what I did wrong, AND understanding as well. So both reveal the way to blossoming.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Yeah, apparently much more so than whether what you say has any reality, or whether it is effective or not.

Mhm

Maybe he should spend less time trying to justify your logical sensibility and just focus on what you need to do to move forward.

You bring balance to the force. That is why the world needs people like you

What I needed to see, when I was in Tcau's situation (which I was) was a little of both. I needed someone to be stubbornly an ass to me and make sure I saw what I did wrong, AND understanding as well. So both reveal the way to blossoming.
    UDP, you have become one ARROGANT son-of-a-bitch. (no offense to your mother)

Now you're saying I'm out of touch with reality. At least some people here disagree with you. Tell us, UDP. Tell us more about "reality".

I can already tell you're projecting your hero-complex against me. Really smart dude. Lemme tell ya, "to know true light, you must first know darkness". (that's a quote from Sword of Mana, FTW)

Lemme tell ya, the light shining inside the darkness is a lot more illuminating that the light outside of it. Just ask Cecil Harvey. ;-)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, cheer up. Let's write a three-word story about pencils in a supermarket.

Let's see... One

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12 pencils $1.29

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One 12 pencils $1.29... um... I can't think of any way to make that grammatically correct.

So I'll just add:

um... I can't

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UDP, you have become one ARROGANT son-of-a-bitch. (no offense to your mother)
    I'm only sorry I deceived you for so long. I do not mean to show my true colours too abruptly so as to warrant much alarm. I happen to like being called an arrogant SOB so I'm putting that in my sig lol

Now you're saying I'm out of touch with reality. At least some people here disagree with you. Tell us, UDP. Tell us more about "reality".

I can already tell you're projecting your hero-complex against me. Really smart dude. Lemme tell ya, "to know true light, you must first know darkness". (that's a quote from Sword of Mana, FTW)

Lemme tell ya, the light shining inside the darkness is a lot more illuminating that the light outside of it. Just ask Cecil Harvey. ;-)
    I'm out of touch with those quotes. But I will take your word on them being of a high caliber in terms of true wisdom.

As far as reality, apparently you're suspended. That's the bottom line, isn't it? Good luck with everything. As it was said, you're smart. You'll find your way.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.