Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    It's not really "combined", like a single sequence, but the two cycles are happening at the same time. Therefore, they are somewhat "combined".

When you think on , you think of .

There can be steps of against , then against .

COMBINED CYCLE

against - ideas vs. opportunities - find a balance
    against - stablility vs. efficency - find a balance
    against - amount vs. quality - find a balance
    against - ethicalness vs. popularity - find a balance

It's always something like "raw vs. actual". This is why Static types are called "Heavy".
    I'd like to state that when I talk of the "transcendent function", this is what I am referring to. The transcendent function allows one to acheive this balance instantaneously, at will.

For example, most of the INTjs here have learned to balance Ti against Te perfectly. For that matter, I think we continue to be amazed at how different balanced logic is from unbalanced logic, and the markedly different worlds of either.

Now it's, as you say, ethicalness vs. popularity. (but that's really simplifying it.) I see it more as a problem of being faced with all of these internal dispositions that somehow figure into the great Si scheme of survival, but are morally reprehensible -- downright nefarious -- otherwise.

Finding Se vs Si seems to a problem of a cash crunch vs hedonism. (for INTj) Ne vs Ni is the challenge of a lifetime.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    I'd like to state that when I talk of the "transcendent function", this is what I am referring to. The transcendent function allows one to acheive this balance instantaneously, at will.
    What do you call "transcendent function" ?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you call "transcendent function" ?
    I've wrote about it on wikisocion
    http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...unction_theory

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    What information aspect does the transcendental function reflect ?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What information aspect does the transcendental function reflect ?
    Depends on the type, although the transcendent function is not so much an element as a kind of interfunction relation. I've reckoned that switching the lesser element of a block with its polar opposite in that block's contrary (for example, +Te base to -Te program in INTj) effects the viewpoint that goes along with it. It also balances the relationship between the two functions because, for example, +Te not seen as creeping stronger and stronger to reinforce +Ti's bid to overcome -Ti's reign. (in INTj) Rather, -Ti observes its foundation in -Te and feels itself utterly internally secure. (external security is another matter, because +Fe is still out there as an energy source for +Ti to continue its struggle.)