Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
But Romeo also spends half of his time (the half that isn't spent falling in love) killing people, which is as un-beta NF (stereotypically) as falling in love at first sight is stereotypically beta NF. Also, one of his big problems is that he woos by the book, which is rather Ti: memorize the modules and deploy them as necessary, make sure to swear by the moon, etc. Juliet uses Fe to teach him how to express his feelings more authentically. Also, I think a beta NF (IEI moreso than EIE) would be much more hesitant about love than Romeo is. I mean, I don't know that I would climb over a wall into the house of a bunch of people who want to kill me no matter how in love I was, and certainly not without several hours/days of prevaricating. And look at how fast he moves! He's totally an Se-ego. Also how he deals with Paris at the end is very SeTi: If you leave me alone and let me do what I'm doing, you can live. If you don't, I will kill you. These are the rules. Please don't break them, 'cause I'm not in the mood to kill anybody. Also, Romeo lacks emotional control--
You make a very good case, I'll concede. I suppose when I typed them I just couldn't see past the fact that they both killed themselves for love.

even when an EIE is overwhelmed, it's like, they're in charge of their emotions, not vice versa. Romeo's emotions are in charge of him, totally.
I do strongly disagree with this though. EIEs can lose control of their emotions just like every one else.