Thread: The Importance of one's Hidden Agenda

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the hidden agenda plays a very important role in terms of orientation in info seeking. I believe it feeds our base element, which feeds our hidden agenda, which feeds our base, in a mutual growth cycle kind of thing. Enough so that I think some people might even confuse their hidden agenda as being their base element. (Particularly Nx hidden agendas, and when people forget that all types have at least the experience of both Intuitional elements.)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I think the hidden agenda plays a very important role in terms of orientation in info seeking. I believe it feeds our base element, which feeds our hidden agenda, which feeds our base, in a mutual growth cycle kind of thing. Enough so that I think some people might even confuse their hidden agenda as being their base element. (Particularly Nx hidden agendas, and when people forget that all types have at least the experience of both Intuitional elements.)
    It's true. When I read some people's (creative) writing, I can often pick out how both the base function and hidden agenda are really strong. It's like one is the thing you build *with* and the other is the one you build *towards.* Both create some sort of structure or meaning to the whole thing.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JadaeRat View Post
    I think the creative function is more strongly intimately tied to the HA, and vice versa, to the point that the relationship can be specified in an explicit way.
    it is, in the way the HA is tied to the creative function of the dual (and to a lesser extent, the mirage):

http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.nl...-function.html

http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.nl...-function.html

http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.nl...-creative.html
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    This whole Hidden Agenda idea is interesting to me and I really think there is something to it, though I do not feel a deep understanding of this HA idea.

Ann, you say you feel it plays an important role in orientation of info seeking, and it does not surprise me to see you say it here because you have said as much in our discussions -- however I have not been able to follow your line of thinking in it, and still really can't here. This does not mean you don't have a point simply that I am not following. And I am not inviting you to try harder to get though to me, which might make it more confusing. As with Jason's here, I will just give it another better look again later.

But maybe just the one part I point out here: "an important role in orientation of info seeking" which is not making sense to me, that you can probably explain.

I see how that works for thinkign through why a SEE seeks a HA to know and why an IEE seeks its HA to know - yes, for the different types its different things they want to know about.

I can see how this might apply to "to understand" as well.

Maybe possibly To be healthy - maybe -- seeking info to achieve healthiness. Excluding action to achieve healthiness if HA is necessarily info??

But how in the world could I apply it to my SLI's "To love"? It is not info being sought. Or, the "To be loved" HA. Or the "To believe". Info-seeking does not work so well at all with these. These are states of being, not of knowing.

?