Thread: Maritsa33

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post

Different people really do see her differently.
    I agree that lately she's a bit off.

But the first month she started here and got banned, erased, cursed, etc. She kept being nice.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we should be a little more open-minded of the definition of nice. If many people are saying she's not being nice because she's forcing her views onto everyone, which she was doing highly aggressively and rudely especially at first, people spending their hard time in trying to make decent communication with her, and she goes on like this, and secondly, she is of no importance to anyone here. What has she contributed? Is she really learning anything? She seems to be clarifying everyone else based on her "own" experiences and not contributing healthily or learning anyway from anyone. So... give her some time I guess. We have to be just. It's not going to work out if everyone has her blocked. I'm willing to take her off in a few months to see if she's progressing any.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    how does it feel to know everyone rejects your methods
    Those are not her methods. It just happens to be what she picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I think we should be a little more open-minded of the definition of nice...
    So, being just is speaking for the rest of community here ? Seems to me you have a moral obligation to do so. A leader battling the evil princess Maritsa, how chivalrous

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she's made progress... at least, she's arguing on our terms now. She doesn't just stand on morphology anymore (although she still uses it)... she presents arguments based on observable personality.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    hey good thing you changed to ENTP-ti.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't read this whole thread, but has anyone considered ESI? I think it nicely explains some things -- her stubbornness (Se), her unwillingness to consider alternative possibilities (PoLR Ne), but also her (rather aggressive) insistence that she is a nice person who cares about people (Fi).

I dunno, that's just the impression I get.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I haven't read this whole thread, but has anyone considered ESI? I think it nicely explains some things -- her stubbornness (Se), her unwillingness to consider alternative possibilities (PoLR Ne), but also her (rather aggressive) insistence that she is a nice person who cares about people (Fi).

good analysis, ESI works for me.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    You're not EII either,
    This shows me how very little you know about the inner workings of the human mind. EII examins the probability and possibility of situations in their own mind and only produces a short statement of found or concluded results. We also value short and resolute statements from others as well, we don't see a need to overdramatize situations or conjure long and excessive narrations on topics, unless we are speaking to people on a discussion, in person basis...in a forum, that is not what I like to do.
    You're nuts
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa, why does your name always make me hungry for salsa?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    Maritsa, why does your name always make me hungry for salsa?
    I love to make salsa; I can make over 20 kinds.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a lot of salsa. I know what we could do, have a salsa party and see what salsa people think is the best. Then sprinkle in some good Spanish home-cooked food and some Maritsa and it's a date lol.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we take this description at face value, then Fi dominant is a pretty good (but not conclusive) suggestion. A lot of what she wrote could apply to many ethical types, but I thought this was interesting:

At work, I love to delegate tasks and see myself more as a manager then a worker even though I am very supportive as a right hand kind of person as well. I will check up on the feelings of all of the people I manage, and make sure that their inner temperature is comfortable for them to handle the psychological demands of the day.
    Her phrasing is a bit ambiguous, but the above could imply that she tries to get rid of redundant emotions by suppressing what she feels are unnecessary or excessive ones, desiring to impose emotional consistency in the form of calmness on others, essentially valuing creating optimum conditions for work. That's Fi/Te valuing.

An Fe ego would value creating pleasant conditions for work/play/whatever by removing emotional restrictions that hamper their range of emotional expression. As part of their job, an IxFp could easily (8th function Fi) passivate others and direct them to be calm, but they'd likely see it more as a chore than a privilege.

I don't get upset easily and only cry when people accuse me of being dishonest because I am never dishonest. I am highly committed to the causes I stand for and I will "fight" to the end of time if that's what's required to get the job done.
    The Gamma SFs I've known tend to shrug off almost any insult you throw at them, but one thing that affects them (and which could force an unconscious emotional outburst from the Id) is if you accuse them of being a liar, having no integrity, or of being a bad person. That's something they take quite seriously.

And I agree that her stubbornness and absolute certainty is more likely Ne PoLR rather than Ne ignoring.

Btw, does she remind anyone else of Olga, an ESI who sometimes posts her highly unorthodox views on socionics here. Olga is much less zealous about spreading her ideas though.

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VixenDogFox View Post
    You are a genius!
    :redface:

(Haha, I was wondering if I would ever find an occasion to use that smiley properly in context. )
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Btw, does she remind anyone else of Olga, an ESI who sometimes posts her highly unorthodox views on socionics here. Olga is much less zealous about spreading her ideas though.
    Yes, I immediately noticed the similarity. However I wasn't sure if it was related to their relatively similar linguistic background (which results in analogous slightly broken english), or could be traced back to identical socionics type. In some ways, these values are slightly more compatible with ESI rather than EII:

Success is more important then money. Success is about attention, admiration, (not for me, but for my dual fame and power). Where money is for freedom to do what you want to do whenever you want to do them and to purchase luxuries.
    Love is more important then sex; although I love both.
    Blueberry muffins on a Saturday morning.
    Vanilla or chocolate chip or mint chip ice cream.
    My sense of duty precludes me to take certain actions.
    I have a very well developed guilt.
    I don't believe in living life quietly; if you don't make noise then you can't get things done.
    I correct and improve myself, it's evolving and that's an every day thing for me, to reflect, learn, examine, question and answer.
    (I like the way this sentence is phrased: "I have a very well developed guilt" LOL)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah... Her comments about dishes somewhere also seemed like it would be ESI. I could see an ESI who was told she's EII, and therefore bends things to fit in that way. Idk.

But honestly, not all stubbornness is related to being Se creative. I was called that for a while myself. Because I was stubborn and argumentative

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh the old close but mistyped PoLR trick. You were close, but your PoLR was mistyped. Try retyping your PoLR. And your creative. That one next. Yes. That's it. Now you're talking. Mmm. I smell the barbecue beef.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That -PoLR "can't consider alternatives" is an old stereotype, and historically the most common weapon in battletyping. There could be some truth behind it, but I think in order to use it you'd have to show that the alternative in question is an alternative ( isn't the only function with alternatives), and that the alternative was never considered (LIIs will sometimes reject alternatives - even alternatives - out of hand if they feel that they have already considered the idea; EIIs will probably do the same thing, but with a different standard for what constitutes "considering" it).

In other words, I've just put such restrictions on the old weapon that it can only be used in self-typing.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes more sense than EII anyway. I dont' honestly care what type she is so much as that she stop using herself as an archetype of EII and that she stop assuming everyone else's type. The assumptions and how sure of herself she is about them are driving me crazy.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-Cyclops

ESI is an intruiging possibility.

I've been trying to think only between EII and IEI. Somethings not right with her being Fe, yet, although she seems Ni focused to me, somethings not quite right with her Ni either.

Ni HA could sum it up pretty well actually. ESI might actually be the right one after all.

Hmmmm.

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    That -PoLR "can't consider alternatives" is an old stereotype, and historically the most common weapon in battletyping. There could be some truth behind it, but I think in order to use it you'd have to show that the alternative in question is an alternative ( isn't the only function with alternatives), and that the alternative was never considered (LIIs will sometimes reject alternatives - even alternatives - out of hand if they feel that they have already considered the idea; EIIs will probably do the same thing, but with a different standard for what constitutes "considering" it).

In other words, I've just put such restrictions on the old weapon that it can only be used in self-typing.
    This is a very good point. It's tempting to dismiss elements you don't value as being less effective than they really are. However, I do think that the alternatives Maritsa rejects are specifically Ne in nature. Her typing method focuses exclusively on external physical features (the province of Se), and she explicitly rejects out of hand arguments based on trying to discern the internal mental structure of the subject's psyche (the province of Ne).

Furthermore (and this is much weaker evidence), in my opinion her clothing and makeup style fits better with trends I have observed among Se-valuing types rather than Si-valuing types. That wouldn't mean much by itself, and there could be other explanations for it, but at the very least it doesn't contradict ESI.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I did discuss internal mental structures of the psyche in the "I am new SEI" thread.
    I don't disagree that you're capable of discussing such things, just like I'm capable of discussing the details of people's physical features. However, the general trend I've seen in your posts is to focus for the most part on explicit, primarily physical details. I would go so far as to guess that that's why Rod's physiognomic theory appealed to you in the first place -- instead of having to bother to try to figure out how people's invisible minds are structured, you can just look at easily observable physical features, and not worry about that other stuff.

I could be wrong, but so far I think my theory matches up with the evidence pretty well.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't disagree that you're capable of discussing such things, just like I'm capable of discussing the details of people's physical features. However, the general trend I've seen in your posts is to focus for the most part on explicit, primarily physical details. I would go so far as to guess that that's why Rod's physiognomic theory appealed to you in the first place -- instead of having to bother to try to figure out how people's invisible minds are structured, you can just look at easily observable physical features, and not worry about that other stuff.

I could be wrong, but so far I think my theory matches up with the evidence pretty well.
    The idea of being completely certain of someone's type would appeal to me as well, regardless of the method, if I thought it would actually work (OK, having to have sex with them first might limit its usefulness). Wouldn't it make things so much easier if we could just take a ruler to someone and figure out their exact Socionic type?

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    The idea of being completely certain of someone's type would appeal to me as well, regardless of the method, if I thought it would actually work (OK, having to have sex with them first might limit its usefulness). Wouldn't it make things so much easier if we could just take a ruler to someone and figure out their exact Socionic type?
    There's the difference. She thinks it works. She doesn't even seem to be able to understand how it couldn't possibly work.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to type Martisa, you might like to read the last few pages of the Delta Lounge thread in Delta. It's a mammoth thread but just start at the end and read a bit.
    -Mark Twain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123