Thread: Type and Forms of Aggression

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I wonder. I'm leaning more towards there being aspects independent of Socionics to account for. I somewhat see theories such as enneagram, socionics, etc, as ways to interpret reality but not the answer to everything.

Was the assertive aspects of Se even originally mentioned by Jung? Even if it wasn't, I can see how Se can manifest as assertiveness. It makes sense that those who are well-grounded in reality and attracted to that which is tangible will probably be more likely to be more assertive or at least more confident in going after what they want and the confrontation that could result in that since they value and are aware of their environment as well as what's at their disposal. It makes sense that they are more likely to get aggressive since they have more territorial awareness and shit. As @silverchris9 said, I also think each type can be confrontational in their own way but maybe it isn't helpful saying that, haha.

I'd say SLEs are typically the most aggressive because of Se and Fi POLR. SEE have more diplomacy to their assertive nature. I dunno what would account for passive-aggressiveness.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyx2OxenFree View Post
    I'd say SLEs are typically the most aggressive because of Se and Fi POLR. SEE have more diplomacy to their assertive nature. I dunno what would account for passive-aggressiveness.
    Not sure. Se1 can be bad no matter what. Even if Fi2 then they are able to hit even more precisely in your weak points.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alklonth View Post
    Not sure. Se1 can be bad no matter what. Even if Fi2 then they are able to hit even more precisely in your weak points.
    Hmmm but wouldn't you say that Fi POLR leads many SLEs to seeming ruthless to others? SEE has more interpersonal skills. I was viewing aggressiveness as more of a means of pursuing one's aims forcefully. SEE's ethics would soften its ruthlessness or maybe be used as a means to manipulate people into getting what they want (ergo, "the politician"). What you say makes sense though.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyx2OxenFree View Post
    Hmmm but wouldn't you say that Fi POLR leads many SLEs to seeming ruthless to others? SEE has more interpersonal skills. I was viewing aggressiveness as more of a means of pursuing one's aims forcefully. SEE's ethics would soften its ruthlessness or maybe be used as a means to manipulate people into getting what they want (ergo, "the politician"). What you say makes sense though.
    seeming ruthless isn't "aggressive" it's "having aggressive intent"

adn fi is about causing pain and hurt to others, personally.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    seeming ruthless isn't "aggressive" it's "having aggressive intent"

adn fi is about causing pain and hurt to others, personally.
    I guess what I meant was that SLEs being a logical type and having Fi POLR would make them generally less in tune to the feelings of others when pursuing their goals so they'll typically come off as more aggressive than an SEE.

I'm sincerely curious though, how does Ni POLR make LSEs the most aggressive?