Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
The question is though, who are these so called masters of VI?
the person i'd even consider closest to being "really good at it" would be someone like winterpark or electric, honestly. otherwise i haven't been able to find any real patterns wrt v.i. (and god knows i've tried.)

I certianlly dont discount that the theory has some merit, what worries me though is that if you give someone two pictures of the same person they often look very different. One smile or frown from someone can lead you hopelessly down the garden path. Do ISTp's tend to have large forheads? I dunno i kind of doubt it.
no, but i'm not sure you can really v.i. based on static features either.

I believe that perhaps if you had a computer program or a total expert to do it maybe its possible, but ive never heard of such a person. The fact that he has a military uniform on certianlly would cloud your judgment (perhaps often correctly) i suppose. I just dont see enough consistancy to find it worth it.
yeah, i mean, i also tend to associate military w/ Ti in ego block simply because i think it's something some Ti types (esp Ti with Se) could be more drawn to. but there are also a lot of different reasons someone might want to be in the military. i don't know this guy's reasons tbqh and haven't asked, so i don't know how much useful information there is here.

One day im going to compile a set of say 30 pictures of people i am pretty certian about (obviously its still not scientific) and make a test of out it, and see how people go.
yeah, i'd like to see what the results are if you do. i have a feeling you'll still get a lot of varying answers.