Thread: A new Perspective on Dichotomies in Socionics - Pyramid Diagrams, Draft

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sindri View Post
    I think what you are asking is if there is a way to compare two types? Yes there is, here is a comparison of LII and LSI. This is the basics, let me know if you want to see more.

Bottom left are all eight dichotomies you must be to have introverted logic as your base. The other pyramids on the bottom center and left are the eight dichotomies that are different for each type. You are either all of one or the other. If you actually want to determine your type based on these, check out the 2003 reinin dichotomy study.
    LII vs LSI.png
    OMG, thank you, this is brilliant!

OK so basically how this works is you take a commonality as the center and work off that, right?
    I struggle with motivation, apathy and sticking to goals.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
    OK so basically how this works is you take a commonality as the center and work off that, right?
    You could look at it like that.Since this is a system, you can isolate parts to focus on them, but remember, everything is happening at once and everything is dependent on everything else. This is every single socionics concept ever thought up in a single diagram. It is like a Rosetta stone because it shows how to translate one idea into another. Which specific part or property you want to use it up to you.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great stuff! I love this kind of mathematical analysis. I assume the 16th "null dichotomy" is need in order to match the power set of the original Jungian dichotomies. I'd love to see a more elegant way of describing it though.

Quote Originally Posted by sindri View Post
    This is every single socionics concept ever thought up in a single diagram.
    I wouldn't quite go that far. For example, when it comes to kindred, look-alike, semi-duality and mirage relations, we don't classify them by traits but rather by functional equivalence in Model A.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nefnaf View Post
    Great stuff! I love this kind of mathematical analysis.
    I wouldn't quite go that far. For example, when it comes to kindred, look-alike, semi-duality and mirage relations, we don't classify them by traits but rather by functional equivalence in Model A.
    You don't know how happy it makes me to find a kindred spirit.

Even those relations can be represented with dichotomies if rationality is taken into account (the dichotomies that describe a rational kindred pair is the same the describe an irrational business pair, ect). The only thing off the top of my head that cannot be represented as dichotomies is information flow.

In general, I think that dichotomies are complementary to a model. Even if intertype relationships can be understood with dichotomies, the information element projection in model A is much more useful.