TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics and Genetics...

At the risk of sounding NT....

I often wonder about the links between genetics and socionics- are there any observed links between the two- official or otherwise?

My mum is EIE
    Dad is LSI
    I'm some breed of Alpha- current thinking is SEI-Fe.
    I have one brother and he appears Delta- but possibly Alpha? He has Alpha humour, but appears more Delta, and his girlfriend whom he gets along with really well feels very Delta.

So....

ENFj
    ISTj

ISFp
    ??Tp

Discuss
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, there is definitely a genetic link in socionics.
    asd

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom: INFj
    My dad: ESTp
    My Sister: ____
    My brother: ESFp (maybe)
    Me: ENTp
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry, off topic, but what's that in your signature anamericancer? Do you drum?

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty straws? They look like pretty straws...?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mom: INFj
    Dad: INTj
    Brother: ENFp
    Brother 2: ISTp
    Sister: ESTp
    Me: ISFp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    My mom: INFj
    My dad: ESTp

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mom:ISFj
    Dad:INTj
    Me:ISFp
    Bro: maybe ESTp
    Sister: ESFj.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    sorry, off topic, but what's that in your signature anamericancer? Do you drum?
    Nah, I needed a new signature. I couldn't think of anything. Then I noticed that the stupid arrow turns into a line when you are typing text.. right? Blinking... pulsing line.... and it bothered me... because there is flashing line at the very left of this text box... so I started feeling ocd-ish and off balanced. I had to type the word right a few times.. but i went to far so i had to add lefts and then more rights and ehh... finally i started feeling okay again.

Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    Pretty straws? They look like pretty straws...?
    That would be my A-V-A-T-A-R-!

Quote Originally Posted by theMime. View Post

Yeah, they are in the middle of a divorce right now.
    Conflictors.....
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, interesting, I think we have done this before, and I don't think we found any visible link.

But anyway here is mine:

Mom ESE

Father ILE

Sister EII

me Ti, I think ILE
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The majority of the time, one alpha parent brings an alpha into the world. It's like magical spontaneous generation.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dad: not sure... LII, IEI, ILI, EII (probably one of those four)
    Mom: ESE
    Sister: EII

Mom's side of the family
    Grandpa: unknown - barely knew him
    Grandma: ESI
    Uncle: LSE (coincidentally gets on extremely well with my sister )
    Aunt #1: not sure... maybe SEE or SEI? definitely irrational (tends to be the "unconventional" one... her personality is very contagious... it sort of takes over... I really love it when she's around)
    Aunt #2: Fi/Te valuing... rational

Dad's side of the family: unknown - never met them

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I think it's connected to genetics in the way that our brain chemicals, etc is connected. Even in the womb though there is environmental influence on how our brains develop starting first with our sex and the hormones involved and going from there. The varying amounts of testosterone for instance while fetuses are developing influences how our brains develop and our ensuing strengths and behavior as well.

I don't think type itself can be inherited, as the factors involved are complex and interacting, but the combination of qualities that influence personality can certainly run in families.
    ^ exactly my views.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Dad ISTj
    Mom ENFj
    Sis ESFp
    Me ENTp
    Last edited by 1981slater; 05-12-2008 at 12:30 PM.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's up with all the IJs hooking up?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea View Post
    ^ exactly my views.
    The short answer to this question is that type is a genetic factor owing to the state of onr or more "switches" of sorts in one's DNA. Most likely it is determined at the moment of conception, during the random recombination process of sperm with egg. The switches can be on or off, the states of which determine whether you're N or S, T or F, E or I. Problem is, we don't know which switches correlate to type. Type is simpler than a gene yet a vital component of personality stability.

I'd like to know what Machintruc thinks about this. I did read something by Gulenko on the process of differentiation which has influenced my views somewhat.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bee, notice how your mother and father have a good relationship? That was a decision - it was natural; they got together because they fit. In your case, you supervise your mother, probably through upbringing, but not necessarily parental upbringing. I sure as shit am not an SLE due to my parental upbringing. My Se valuing was born at high school. My Ti valuing was certainly inherent, or I gained it partly through my father's - probably - Ti valuing.

The functions, I think, are inherent in everyone. We place value on certain functions more than others because of psychological change throughout life. I don't know how someone can value functions from the day they're born (or be born to value certain functions e.g. there was no way day-year-old Henry V was an EIE at that time, or somehow knew he was, or someone somehow knew he was), and I'd love someone to attempt to explain it to me.

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    The majority of the time, one alpha parent brings an alpha into the world. It's like magical spontaneous generation.
    That would be lovely

I can imagine Nick and I with a little alpha spawn one day.....*sigh*

We could groom it and feed it together...he could change the nappies so to avoid a SEI sad....ahhhh yes.

Grandpa is def. Alpha NT and Nick's brother is INTj without a doubt. Hopefully Alpha will carry on down the line....

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lol!

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    The functions, I think, are inherent in everyone. We place value on certain functions more than others because of psychological change throughout life. I don't know how someone can value functions from the day they're born (or be born to value certain functions e.g. there was no way day-year-old Henry V was an EIE at that time, or somehow knew he was, or someone somehow knew he was), and I'd love someone to attempt to explain it to me.
    Ezra, it's painfully, ridiculously simple to explain, and it has been explained to you before. I will not do so yet again, because I know by now there is no point to it, and that you would neither accept nor comprehend it anyhow.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the fuck are you talking about, Phaedrus?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the fuck are you talking about, Phaedrus?
    Have you taken your medicine today, Ezra? You are starting to hallucinate again.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I have to admit. That was a hard joke to get if you're a bit of an idiot.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I have to admit. That was a hard joke to get if you're a bit of an idiot.
    You are probably right about that.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mom: ESTj
    Dad: ENFj
    Sister: INFj
    Me: ENFp
    Brother: ISFj

Husband: ISTp
    Daughter: ENFp

I'm going to add in some more family members:

Mom (ENTj) - mother is ESFj and father is ISFp. Siblings: ESTp (not positive about this one), ESFj, ISTp, INFj (not sure about this one), INTj, ISTp, ENTp

Dad (ENFj) - mother is INFj and father is ENFp. Siblings: ESFj, ENFp
    Last edited by Slacker; 05-10-2008 at 11:58 PM.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bee, notice how your mother and father have a good relationship? That was a decision - it was natural; they got together because they fit. In your case, you supervise your mother, probably through upbringing, but not necessarily parental upbringing. I sure as shit am not an SLE due to my parental upbringing. My Se valuing was born at high school. My Ti valuing was certainly inherent, or I gained it partly through my father's - probably - Ti valuing.

You have limited experience so it might seem like that to you based on what you've seen, but it doesn't always work like that. Expat and my mom are both ENTjs with ESFj/ISFp parents. My neighbors are ENFp and INFj and have a daughter who is Beta ST.

Babies and toddlers show a great deal of inherent personality, to some extent right from birth. It's really amazing. But that doesn't prove that it's genetic - it could be due to a number of factors, including more than one biological factor. I'm personally convinced that it is at least close to being set at birth.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-Cyclops

There is nothing to prove socionic type is directly genetic. There is no way to prove it at the moment either. First we would need to identify what genes affected personality (which could be at least thousands) and then from that find out which ones affect socionic type. I don't know how to do that. We would need to first of all find a way to monitor type by brain scan (something like brain type which some scientist is/was working no) because how do we know our typing is accurate unless it can be monitored scientifically?

It does look like the dichotomy of extroversion and introversion could be physiologically related..an immensely complicated procedure to map genetically..plus to tie in with socionics would it need to be functional related?

There is some evidence to suggest type development occurs within the womb, but I do not have that at hand just now to write about it further at this stage.

There is even credible evidence to suggest birth month affects personality related or mental conditional traits.

Any further questions..answers will be on a postcard.

Fascinating stuff I'm sure
    Last edited by Cyclops; 05-07-2008 at 12:55 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    Mom: ESTj
    Dad: ENFj
    Sister: INFj
    Me: ENFp
    Brother: ISFj

Husband: ISTp
    Daughter: ENFp
    Poor Dad. Plagued by Deltas (and a Gamma who no doubt would get along well with Deltas).

You have limited experience so it might seem like that to you based on what you've seen, but it doesn't always work like that. Expat and my mom are both ENTjs with ESFj/ISFp parents. My neighbors are ENFp and INFj and have a daughter who is Beta ST.
    What! That pretty much strengthens my claim.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's because you don't have kids to see how they are from the beginning. each of mine has had their preferences right away. it's apparent in their behaviors in what they value. and i believe it happens at conception. they don't know they are "a type," they just are. they go about the business of growing up and being themselves. i've worked with kids for, oh my gosh!, 20 years, probably as long as you've been alive. they are individuals from the get go! to me, it's the upbringing that affects HOW someone views who they are and their strengths. you can have an SLE that may not look like and SLE because their upbringing didn't value it and punished them for acting that way. it doesn't "stop" them from being an SLE, but it does stop them from being the best and healthiest SLE THEY can be.

my attempt, did it work at all for ya?

love
    KJ

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Nah, your child will be Gamma. ;P
    totally got that hit too.

lv
    kj

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mom: SLE
    Dad: IEI
    Me: LIE
    Brother: ILI
    Sister: EII
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me: LIE
    Mom: ESE
    Dad: SEI
    Brother: ILE

Pattern (if any): All Alphas except myself. SF parents, NT sons.

My ESE mother: EIE mom and EII dad. No siblings.

My SEI father: (I never knew his parents enough): two ESI sisters

Another family I've known very well for decades, since childhood:

Father: LSI
    Mother: SEI
    Son: SLI
    Daughter: ESI
    Pattern (if any): one quadra each; all sensors, all introverts, two pairs of quasi-identicals
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mom: Si-ISFp
    Dad: Ne-INTj
    Me: Ne-INFj
    Bro: Se-ESTp

I got along with my bro the best, in case you are wondering. =)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

our genetics are the way they are because of what was whispered into our Soul as we "became" human. genetics does not determine type. Spirit determines it and we agree to go along for the ride. THEN our genetics and who we are to be raised by and with take shape according to the whisperings.............which change at will within any given moment.........

lv
    kj

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    Mom: Si-ISFp
    Dad: Ne-INTj
    Me: Ne-INFj
    Bro: Se-ESTp

I got along with my bro the best, in case you are wondering. =)
    really? how's that?

cool book on the balance between genetics and dynamic environmental forces:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0060...pt#reader-link

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Babies and toddlers show a great deal of inherent personality, to some extent right from birth. It's really amazing. But that doesn't prove that it's genetic - it could be due to a number of factors, including more than one biological factor. I'm personally convinced that it is at least close to being set at birth.
    agreed.

Mom: INFj
    Dad: ISFp
    Me: INFp
    Brother: INFp

Husband: ESFj
    his mom: ESFp
    his dad: ISFj
    his brother: ISFj

So my family now is:

me: INFp
    husband: ESFj
    daughter: ESFj
    daughter: INFp
    son: not sure yet, probably INFp or ISFp
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think my eight year is is Gamma NT, probably ILI.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

redbaron your family of creation is on ethics overload hahaha

my ex's family:

mother: istp
    father: entj
    sister: intp
    him: estp
    stepmother: isfj
    new girlfriend: infp

my family:

mother: estj
    father: infj
    brother: intj
    brother: enfp
    me: entp

me and my kids:

me: entp
    daughter: esfj
    daughter: entp

my family is like Ne overload....if personality is genetics, then my quadra genes are dominant lol. i figure my ex was better off with me than with gamma breathing down his neck, kinda like i was better off with beta than with delta breathing down my neck.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    redbaron your family of creation is on ethics overload hahaha
    Yup. It can be fun sometimes but there are other times it ain't pretty.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast