Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alex Jones

I have heard some very different things about what paranoia in E6s is supposed to mean, so out of curiosity, I googled the enneagram type of the most paranoid public figure I could think of: Alex Jones. The top result puts him as an 8w7, 6w7 is only second, and 4w3 seems to be the third most-popular result. Well, if he has a tritype it probably is "triple reactive," especially seeing as that's supposed to be a wild and crazy/can't stop and think tritype, but the disagreements over the base type does not help. The fact no one thinks he has a withdrawn wing on any of the top three types for him is also not surprising, since Alex Jones as 5-ish or 9-ish is rather unthinkable.

So, how do you type Alex Jones and how do you relate this to the paranoia of E6s? I tend to think yes, they are probably too paranoid to believe in things like lizard people even if they're contraflow and/or "counterphobic" since they are mostly afraid of being screwed over by believing something silly, since E6s are supposed to be NPCs and the so-called crazy conspiracy theorist type (which I tend to think is usually more dumb than just crazy, lots of strange things are true even if lizard people projecting reality from the Moon is not one of them) is not generally guilty of being an unthinking NPC.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's E6 (with an 8 fix) too. Jones is not really into UFOs and Reptilians but he's willing to interpret it and accept it from the POV of his own framework which is Christianity : Reptilians and UFOs are demonic entities et voilà ! I used to watch his YT channel a lot as an alternative media (more like an entertainment show !) but since YT banned him I lost interest. I don't follow his Infowars website for some reasons although I did visit it a few times just after his YT banning. I didn't believe in all his stuff of course because I have my own filters but he made me laugh and he's very entertaining (I like his Rants !). It's a bit like Trump, I don't particularly like his politic (I don't care about politic !) but his attitude makes me laugh. However the young Rick Astley Alex Jones doesn't make me laugh :

Now, his paranoia might indeed be pathological. However I wonder what would we all think if we infiltrated the Bohemian Grove with a profane mind (not being part of the initiated) ? I think that this event had a major impact on his world view. There are so many real material on which we can built conspiracy theories. People don't like closed doors and secrecy esp when it comes to decision making on a "global scale". So If your mindset has been alternated and you feel like awakened (maybe chosen by God) you have such a bias that you see conspirations everywhere. All his worldview is articulated around a simple principle : The forces of Evil (in a Biblical sense) have infiltrated the all governments worldwide and they have a Global Plan to destroy us. That's his truth his Idée fixe. So in his mind, there is a War going on between God and Evil and you better be a God warrior (a chosen one). When you get passionate about a subject your mind is entirely focused on acquiring more and more Informations about It (esp for Extroverts) and since Jones has this sort of sense of entitlement, a life mission as it were, the accumulation of conspiracies (in service of a greater one) is rather expected. He thus has a huge confirmation bias typical of Paranoia. I also think that he's some kind of grandiose narcissist.

About his TIM, I'm leaning towards Gamma even if there are stuff that don't click very well. First of all as the video above suggests it, he doesn't like LSI ! Jokes aside, his Us vs Them mindset points to Aristocratic Quadra, but if you replace "Us" by "Me" that's a whole other story. He uses Fi like an Inquisitor and the ultimate argument he has against his enemies is that they are evil, " You're Bad people, You're Fake News" (Yes that's Donald Trump but that's relevant !). He's not the kind of person who is really interested in Ideologies and Philosophy. He doesn't go around and label people with "ists" an "ism" suffixes because he doesn't have enough informations and /or interest about those Ideologies to compare them to what his enemies thinking might fit. He simply doesn't value Ti at all. He's all about behavior and concerned about whether or not people's actions correspond to what they say or the image they are conveying. He might like an individual even if that person belongs to a group that he doesn't like (I've seen it multiple times in his YTC). I'm leaning towards SEE (?) but he's certainly a tricky one because he's very unhealthy.
    Last edited by godslave; 12-14-2022 at 03:40 AM.

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    I think he's E6 (with an 8 fix) too. Jones is not really into UFOs and Reptilians but he's willing to interpret it and accept it from the POV of his own framework which is Christianity : Reptilians and UFOs are demonic entities et voilà ! I used to watch his YT channel a lot as an alternative media (more like an entertainment show !) but since YT banned him I lost interest. I don't follow his Infowars website for some reasons although I did visit it a few times just after his YT banning. I didn't believe in all his stuff of course because I have my own filters but he made me laugh and he's very entertaining (I like his Rants !). It's a bit like Trump, I don't particularly like his politic (I don't care about politic !) but his attitude makes me laugh. However the young Rick Astley Alex Jones doesn't make me laugh :

Now, his paranoia might indeed be pathological. However I wonder what would we all think if we infiltrated the Bohemian Grove with a profane mind (not being part of the initiated) ? I think that this event had a major impact on his world view. There are so many real material on which we can built conspiracy theories. People don't like closed doors and secrecy esp when it comes to decision making on a "global scale". So If your mindset has been alternated and you feel like awakened (maybe chosen by God) you have such a bias that you see conspirations everywhere. All his worldview is articulated around a simple principle : The forces of Evil (in a Biblical sense) have infiltrated the all governments worldwide and they have a Global Plan to destroy us. That's his truth his Idée fixe. So in his mind, there is a War going on between God and Evil and you better be a God warrior (a chosen one). When you get passionate about a subject your mind is entirely focused on acquiring more and more Informations about It (esp for Extroverts) and since Jones has this sort of sense of entitlement, a life mission as it were, the accumulation of conspiracies (in service of a greater one) is rather expected. He thus has a huge confirmation bias typical of Paranoia. I also think that he's some kind of grandiose narcissist.

About his TIM, I'm leaning towards Gamma even if there are stuff that don't click very well. First of all as the video above suggests it, he doesn't like LSI ! Jokes aside, his Us vs Them mindset points to Aristocratic Quadra, but if you replace "Us" by "Me" that's a whole other story. He uses Fi like an Inquisitor and the ultimate argument he has against his enemies is that they are evil, " You're Bad people, You're Fake News" (Yes that's Donald Trump but that's relevant !). He's not the kind of person who is really interested in Ideologies and Philosophy. He doesn't go around and label people with "ists" an "ism" suffixes because he doesn't have enough informations and /or interest about those Ideologies to compare them to what his enemies thinking might fit. He simply doesn't value Ti at all. He's all about behavior and concerned about whether or not people's actions correspond to what they say or the image they are conveying. He might like an individual even if that person belongs to a group that he doesn't like (I've seen it multiple times in his YTC). I'm leaning towards SEE (?) but he's certainly a tricky one because he's very unhealthy.
    For some reason I get the feeling that he could be LSE, which obviously doesn't work if we do assume he is a Fi-based individual.
    However, I will suggest that what you see as him "using Fi like an Inquisitor" could maybe be Dialectic-Algorithmic Cognitive Style in action. He obviously goes hard into pointing out what he sees as contradictions in the world around him, and (whether he intends it or not) is probably less inclined to 'smoothing out' things as a Positivist maybe would. Being LSE also lends quite well into being 'bad' at Ni, like an SEE (I feel like anyone with a strength in Ni in his position would see that going on and on about the Sandy Hook massacre was a short-term gain with potentially catastrophic consequences), and may even be partly why - if he genuinely believes whatever he says - that he has become so paranoid.

Not expressing, or his neglect of, Ti, could be a result of Ignoring/Control Ti; in either case it could genuinely appear like he is likewise 'bad' at using it.

His outright suspicion of others and seeming lack of a real and identifiable moral backbone could possibly be his Suggestive Fi; in fact it might even be why he *tries* to be a moralizer, yet fails to really act as one. I think SEE individuals would tend to also be more diplomatic in most instances given their ethical nature, and forming relations or even goodwill don't seem to be something he can actually do very well either.

I also think he leans harder into Rational than Irrational (kind of hard to say why, just seems that way to me). And the way he uses Se, to me, just seems extremely comical.

It's a real shame that he turned out the way he has, to be honest. The younger version of him seems to be someone with a genuine wish for improving the community, rather than chasing conspiracies in a misguided attempt for fame and money.

All that being said, I think your take on him is also valid; I can see why one could think he might be SEE instead too.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Manatroid92 View Post
    For some reason I get the feeling that he could be LSE, which obviously doesn't work if we do assume he is a Fi-based individual.
    However, I will suggest that what you see as him "using Fi like an Inquisitor" could maybe be Dialectic-Algorithmic Cognitive Style in action. He obviously goes hard into pointing out what he sees as contradictions in the world around him, and (whether he intends it or not) is probably less inclined to 'smoothing out' things as a Positivist maybe would. Being LSE also lends quite well into being 'bad' at Ni, like an SEE (I feel like anyone with a strength in Ni in his position would see that going on and on about the Sandy Hook massacre was a short-term gain with potentially catastrophic consequences), and may even be partly why - if he genuinely believes whatever he says - that he has become so paranoid.

Not expressing, or his neglect of, Ti, could be a result of Ignoring/Control Ti; in either case it could genuinely appear like he is likewise 'bad' at using it.

His outright suspicion of others and seeming lack of a real and identifiable moral backbone could possibly be his Suggestive Fi; in fact it might even be why he *tries* to be a moralizer, yet fails to really act as one. I think SEE individuals would tend to also be more diplomatic in most instances given their ethical nature, and forming relations or even goodwill don't seem to be something he can actually do very well either.

I also think he leans harder into Rational than Irrational (kind of hard to say why, just seems that way to me). And the way he uses Se, to me, just seems extremely comical.

It's a real shame that he turned out the way he has, to be honest. The younger version of him seems to be someone with a genuine wish for improving the community, rather than chasing conspiracies in a misguided attempt for fame and money.

All that being said, I think your take on him is also valid; I can see why one could think he might be SEE instead too.
    That's very interesting and well argumented ! I suggest that we dig a little deeper with ITR and check what some of his loved ones have to say about him :

Edit 1 : I'm watching the video rn and it seems like it's not what I've expected ...
    Edit 2 : 11:38 to 11:42 She compares him to Charles Manson

Last edited by godslave; 12-14-2022 at 06:09 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, he eventually grew to believe his own lies and it made him crazy, and as he saw events spiral out of control, he became obsessed with any display of power he could try to manage. Go figure.

Which enneagram type tries to dupe others and ends up destroying their own mind?

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Charles Manson is actually a 4, Alex Jones is probably a 4, too. Yes, Charles Manson had the Beatles thing and Alex Jones didn't, but that's all style, not substance. The common thread seems to be the idea of a con artist eventually coming to believe their own lies and going insane, and that seems more 4-ish or at least an image type but probably not 3 or even 2 if these people are always playing the victim.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent post, @godslave.

And since you posted a video of a younger and tamer Alex Jones, I remember some weeks ago I was going through a couple of videos on YT about his trial and in one of them one of the most liked visitor comments was a sober message of someone who claimed to have worked behind the cameras with Jones that said that his more domesticated demeanor early back was just an act, that as soon as the camera turned off he would accost the crew members and turn typical Alex Jones on them. I unfortunately have come across people like him. They are plagued with narcissism and paranoia in which their intense, deluded ideas about the world are wrapped up and in constant bounce in conversation. On close, more personal encounters with them they always manage to turn the conversation to themselves: what they like, what they think, what they want and somehow make it seem like you're an unimportant factor in the conversation but also their enemy. Their narcissism causes significant low insight into people and their motives and perspectives. Their paranoia is related to rather short-sighted, low-hanging simple ideas that play repeatedly: they are not really linked to common perception of intuition that's more inclined to go beyond the surface. Think of the worst hoi polloi prejudice you would find more regularly in a conversation with a 90 year-old SLI, to name a type with low N, in the way they think: final with no real broader perspective. It was the same with this person but amplified by paranoia and general unhealthiness. I retrospectively type one of them as SLI or some other T type (he also had an extremely low awareness of his feelings and stated it matter-of-factly). It's impossible to know at this point. Jones looks like a red-faced ultra extrovert that doesn't know what to do with his fidgeting mass or how to shut up (in contrast to the natural and stiff military bearing of the T type of my example), so an intense SEE is a good option for him.

Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post

Excellent post, @godslave.
    Thank you very much !

And since you posted a video of a younger and tamer Alex Jones, I remember some weeks ago I was going through a couple of videos on YT about his trial and in one of them one of the most liked visitor comments was a sober message of someone who claimed to have worked behind the cameras with Jones that said that his more domesticated demeanor early back was just an act, that as soon as the camera turned off he would accost the crew members and turn typical Alex Jones on them. I unfortunately have come across people like him. They are plagued with narcissism and paranoia in which their intense, deluded ideas about the world are wrapped up and in constant bounce in conversation. On close, more personal encounters with them they always manage to turn the conversation to themselves: what they like, what they think, what they want and somehow make it seem like you're an unimportant factor in the conversation but also their enemy. Their narcissism causes significant low insight into people and their motives and perspectives. Their paranoia is related to rather short-sighted, low-hanging simple ideas that play repeatedly: they are not really linked to common perception of intuition that's more inclined to go beyond the surface. Think of the worst hoi polloi prejudice you would find more regularly in a conversation with a 90 year-old SLI, to name a type with low N, in the way they think: final with no real broader perspective. It was the same with this person but amplified by paranoia and general unhealthiness. I retrospectively type one of them as SLI or some other T type (he also had an extremely low awareness of his feelings and stated it matter-of-factly). It's impossible to know at this point. Jones looks like a red-faced ultra extrovert that doesn't know what to do with his fidgeting mass or how to shut up (in contrast to the natural and stiff military bearing of the T type of my example), so an intense SEE is a good option for him.
    Very good points ! I've noticed that Jones Body Language has also evolved and the more infamous he got the more I see some attitudes that remind me "you know who" (hint : it's not Voldemort !) esp in recent videos. I can see why some people think he's EIE but his aura lacks the subtilty and insidiousness (for the lack of a better word) of a real unhealthy EIE who convinces and seduces the masses with well articulated thoughts and coherent opinions. I've also heard in a video of a Russian Typologist (Iya Tamarova) that EIE kinda needs an enemy (to create antagonistic groups (Us vs Them/Divide and Conquer) I guess) and It aligns with what I think about some pattern I've noticed with some EIE : they need a hive in which they'll express themselves and become the "Queen bee" thus achieving power and control over a mass of individuals. That Hive has in most cases some pre-existing ideological foundations upon which the EIE builds his influence becoming the champion, the leader of that Ideology.

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much !

Very good points ! I've noticed that Jones Body Language has also evolved and the more infamous he got the more I see some attitudes that remind me "you know who" (hint : it's not Voldemort !) esp in recent videos. I can see why some people think he's EIE but his aura lacks the subtilty and insidiousness (for the lack of a better word) of a real unhealthy EIE who convinces and seduces the masses with well articulated thoughts and coherent opinions. I've also heard in a video of a Russian Typologist (Iya Tamarova) that EIE kinda needs an enemy (to create antagonistic groups (Us vs Them/Divide and Conquer) I guess) and It aligns with what I think about some pattern I've noticed with some EIE : they need a hive in which they'll express themselves and become the "Queen bee" thus achieving power and control over a mass of individuals. That Hive has in most cases some pre-existing ideological foundations upon which the EIE builds his influence becoming the champion, the leader of that Ideology.
    He definitely seems to be a sensor, yeah. There's too much stability in himself and his movements to be an intuitive, IMO. There's a kind of force to him when he acts demonstratively; I think the more demonstrative EIEs would have a kind of fragility to them when they full-on extroverting.
    The whole conspiracy and us-vs-them shtick could really be embodied in most types, but I think it's more likely that it's unhealthy EIEs that create those kinds of narratives first more than other types. Alex Jones seems to really just be angrily regurgitating whatever comes across his desk, and there doesn't seem to bring much more subtlety or thought beyond that.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alex Jones looks like he drinks too much alcohol and uses too many stimulants.

Not sure these are related but I grew up with a parent who loves all things behind-the-scenes and I have a soft spot for conspiracy people. Trigger alert: i have heard people say that anything we can think of exists in some reality anyway.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why people type him 8 ?