I'm gonna be honest and say that I was basically really bored when I posted this. But I want to actually get back into discussing things on this forum, so I'm gonna respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
Objectively speaking, I do not [think of everything I say as pearls]. If I look back at things I wrote previously, I can find plenty of things I wish I had phrased differently, or had thought more about before putting in writing, or that I find just incorrect.

However, it's one thing to say, "what you are saying is incorrect because of this and that" - and then we can talk about it, or agree to disagree - and another thing to say, "what you have written is crap". In the latter case, answers like my "pearls before swine" are appropriate in my judgement, and I will continue to give them in the future.
Point taken that it's not very useful to respond with an off-handed dismissal of your (or anyone's) points. And really, it's pretty easy to develop some form of this attitude: "Ah, well, they're not going to accept what I have to say anyways, so why bother. I will just have to be content with them being wrong." I know I've thought and felt that way many times before. So I won't fault you for that.

I did not write that with the slightest intention of offending ISFps or anyone else. On occasion I write things that are derisory to particular individuals, but I have never, ever, written anything with the intention of offending all individuals that are of a type - even as I have been accused of doing that regarding INFps, ENFjs, ESFps, ISFjs, INFjs, etc.
Well, again, it's very easy to be biased towards one's own type or quadra, and even easier for those biases to come across to others whether they were present in the source or not. I don't think you had any intent of offending anyone either...that's not your style, and I'm quite confident that your intent was to be instructive.

What I have said was a simplistic summing up of what Si+Fe means. Previously - ages ago - I put it as , "if people around me are in a happy mood, I feel good", and at the time nobody was offended.

Now, maybe the way I put it now is incorrect, wrong, or due to my misunderstanding of ISFps, Alphas, Fe, Si - whatever. In that case, we can talk about it, if we care to.
Again, I don't really mean to suggest that there's not some truth in what you say about ISFps. The piece I got was certainly out of context, and I just kinda wanted to start a little fight, and to that end I was successful. And I just said "profound lack of depth" because the irony in that phrase makes me laugh inside.

However, to argue with, or just say, "what you have said is patronizing and lacking sensibility" - I'm not sure what those who say that are trying to achieve. To stop me from giving my opinion - right or wrong - on socionics types? It will never achieve that, let me assure you.
That would be fairly pathetic of me to attempt to stop you from giving your opinion by calling you patronizing. Also, in my mind, getting someone I disagree with to just go away would not be much of a victory, but would leave me with a bitter taste in the mouth. No, I prefer to try and convince people to come around to my way of seeing things, or better yet, engender a beneficial integration of views that leads to clearer understanding all around.

This is a good example of - "clash", by the way. sees me as being a patronizing, insensitive person; I see as in
I don't know if that's really a true Te v. Fe clash, especially since Ti and Fi seem to clash in a similar way. I don't see your actions as insensitive so much as I see your characterizations as narrow and your attitude as moralizing and superior. This is what I really would like to address.

The way you describe ISFps makes them sound very shallow. And while an ISFp, like any other type, can be shallow, I get really tired of this idea of ISFPs as quiet hedonists, content in their enjoyment of simple, superficial pleasures. Clearly I will see them differently than you will because of my type, but saying something like, "Simplistically put, they want to feel good at all times," in an attempt to encapsulate your description sounds like a casually dismissive and superior attitude. It was to this that I reacted in an admittedly knee-jerk fashion.

Still on this --

I am amazed at your taking for granted that you know what everyone else's sensibilities find offensive.
Hehe...it's that Fe hidden agenda. Or...something?

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
ISFps are deep?
Haha...deeper than you'll ever know