Thread: Vegetarianism

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm I've known three people who I'm fairly sure of their type that are vegetarians or vegans.
    Ones an EIE, has been a vegan since she learned about where meat and animal bi-products came from. She is passionate about animals and has been volunteering for the SPCA since highschool.

A probable SLI who gave up meat, but eats fish, when making a radical healthy lifestyle change. She did a lot of research on how the slaughter industry works and the effects of meat on the body; she'll often quote facts about it and such.

An IEI who was raised by vegetarian parents, he isn't as passionate about the ethics of eating meat as they are but still doesn't think it's right

I have no idea if this is consistent with type, but the two NF's are more concerned about the ethics involved whereas the ST looks at it from a more personal logical point of view
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not a vegetarian, but I don't eat meat every day as it is expensive. I would consider vegetarianism if I were doing it for my health, but I have no personal convictions against eating meat, so what's to stop me from eating it at least once in a while, yk? Even if I were doing it for my health, I wouldn't have to be strict about it...

The life of a true vegetarian would just be too strict for me; having to keep track of what I ate, and having to plan all my meals to make sure I got my complete proteins; or showing up at a party and not being able to eat anything except the crackers because everyone else are meat lovers lol
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    I would consider vegetarianism if I were doing it for my health, but I have no personal convictions against eating meat, so what's to stop me from eating it at least once in a while, yk? Even if I were doing it for my health, I wouldn't have to be strict about it...l
    Yup, it ain't that "healthy" in the long run but hey, choice is yours.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My friends are vegetarians for different reasons:

SEE - because they want to preserve nature and be kind to animals...
    SEI - because they want to better take care of themselves and their bodies...

I also know many SLI's who are vegetarians for the same Si reasons.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    SEE - because they want to preserve nature and be kind to animals...

Last edited by Absurd; 01-01-2011 at 04:51 PM.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI - she's into whatever new idea strikes her fancy, it's related to buddhism at the moment. She claims she feels healthier as a vegetarian. Doesn't eat fish.

IEI - used to be vegetarian for several years, "health" reasons. I think she even gave up fish and dairy products at one point, but I'm not sure. I tried to describe her quest for it and how it is so painfully obvious Ni-leading + Ti-HA, but words failed me.

SLE - same as IEI (she feeds him).

EII and another ethical type - raised by vegetarian parents. "I don't eat corpses."

I think, like most things in socionics, the what isn't nearly as correlated with type as the how. IEI and SEI both tend to be more convinced by theories than facts, for example.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Delta NF related, IMO
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    raised by vegetarian parents. "I don't eat corpses."
    I always thought this statement was funny. They eat dead plants, too. Okay, animals are the higher life forms, but people always have to destroy life in order to survive. "Eating corpses" is absolutely natural. I don't understand some people (not neccessarily all vegetarians/vegans) who praise nature above everything which is man-made but deny one of the most simple natural rules: Eat or be Eaten.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    Doesn't eat fish.
    Sacrilegious.